Shovel Knight: Knights of the ReMix 2014

DarkeSword

While I'd LOVE the idea of the doubles tourney, I doubt anyone here uses my DAW (Mixcraft) for, well, anything. I'm still a bit tentative about joining in general, although I'm a bit more open to the doubles tourney. How much longer is registration going to be open?

While I'd LOVE the idea of the doubles tourney, I doubt anyone here uses my DAW (Mixcraft) for, well, anything. I'm still a bit tentative about joining in general, although I'm a bit more open to the doubles tourney. How much longer is registration going to be open?

While I do already have a partner, I'd like to mention that I use Mixcraft too :)

While I do already have a partner, I'd like to mention that I use Mixcraft too :)

I was also a Mixcraft user for a good long while. (I switched to reaper relatively recently though because Mixcraft liked to crash on me and didn't play nicely with my audio interface)

I would say that you should enter regardless since you don't necessarily need to share project files :)

--------------

Sorry it took so long but here are the picks for Trism and I in the doubles:

1. Tinker knight

2. Shield knight

3. King knight

4. Shovel knight

--------------

Oh wow this sounds like a lot of fun... I've been out of the loop here for a while though and unfortunately don't have the time to compete in anything any time soon. I will definitely be keeping my eye on this tourney though and will try to vote!

Also, I gotta say, I LOVE the idea of the doubles tourney too. This was an idea I toyed around with for this past SZRC (ironically the exact same format too - having partners compete together using the same theme) since we always had so many people wanting to do collabs. I'll be interested to see how it turns out here. Good luck everyone! :-)

Hi everyone. We're still looking for about six more people to compete.

Please check the competitors tab of this document for a list of current sign-ups.

Sixto, Xarnax, and Nabeel, you guys haven't posted your Singles or Doubles tourney preference. I would like to put you all in Singles because then that will be locked down to 8 people. Then we can look for 6 more people for the Doubles tourney.

Alright folks. Here's what I'm doing.

Sixto told me yesterday that he'll be very busy in the coming weeks, so he's bowing out of the competition. Disappointing to be sure, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Since we had five Doubles teams and now seven Singles artists, I've decided to move Sir_NutS and Jivemaster into the Singles tourney under their collaborative artist name "Helicopter Knife Fight." Given that they've worked together before and have published music under that artist name, I feel like this makes the most sense. Timaeus and GrapplingHook will be paired together for the Doubles tourney, as they are both interested in Doubles and don't have partners.

Now we have 8 artists in Singles, and 4 teams for Doubles. These are great numbers and I feel I can lock in the competitors now. I'll be running the draft this weekend and the Singles tourney will begin their mixing stage most likely on Sunday. You all have until Saturday evening to lock-in your Knight picks, so make sure you get those posted on the forums.

If you haven't already, make sure you fill out the Competitions Consent form. I really need these filled out so that we can do a proper archival release on OCR at the end of the competition.

Thank you everyone for signing up. This is going to be a great competition and I'm looking forward to what everyone's going to bring to the table.

Edited by DarkeSword

Alright folks. Here's what I'm doing.

Sixto told me yesterday that he'll be very busy in the coming weeks, so he's bowing out of the competition. Disappointing to be sure, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Since we had five Doubles teams and now seven Singles artists, I've decided to move Sir_NutS and Jivemaster into the Singles tourney under their collaborative artist name "Helicopter Knife Fight." Given that they've worked together before and have published music under that artist name, I feel like this makes the most sense. Timaeus and GrapplingHook will be paired together for the Doubles tourney, as they are both interested in Doubles and don't have partners.

Now we have 8 artists in Singles, and 4 teams for Doubles. These are great numbers and I feel I can lock in the competitors now. I'll be running the draft this weekend and the Singles tourney will begin their mixing stage most likely on Sunday. You all have until Saturday evening to lock-in your Knight picks, so make sure you get those posted on the forums.

If you haven't already, make sure you fill out the Competitions Consent form. I really need these filled out so that we can do a proper archival release on OCR at the end of the competition.

Thank you everyone for signing up. This is going to be a great competition and I'm looking forward to what everyone's going to bring to the table.

Sounds great.

I filled out the consent form when I first signed up and again last night but I don't show up on the spreadsheet. Did I do something wrong or has it just not been updated yet?

Thanks.

@GrapplingHook:

Okay, so your picks were initially:

Tinker Knight

Mole Knight

Propeller Knight

King Knight

and mine were:

Spectre Knight

Propeller Knight

Polar Knight

Shield Knight

Wanna try a compromise list? Perhaps:

Spectre Knight

Propeller Knight

Mole Knight

Polar Knight

or

Tinker Knight

Propeller Knight

Polar Knight

King Knight

or something else (I really like Spectre Knight since it has several moods to pick from and nice arp lines)?

Edited by timaeus222

I like Spectre Knight well enough to pick it. I DO love the Tinker Knight theme, but a lot of my draft was set up for minimal conflict and everybody wanted Spectre, so I skipped it.

You can go ahead and put us down for pretty much anything, so long as it DOES include Tinker and DOES NOT include Treasure. I'll have limited availability this weekend, so I may not respond quick/at all until Tuesday, but go ahead and speak on our behalf until then.

I like Spectre Knight well enough to pick it. I DO love the Tinker Knight theme, but a lot of my draft was set up for minimal conflict and everybody wanted Spectre, so I skipped it.

You can go ahead and put us down for pretty much anything, so long as it DOES include Tinker and DOES NOT include Treasure. I'll have limited availability this weekend, so I may not respond quick/at all until Tuesday, but go ahead and speak on our behalf until then.

Alright then. I'd be good with picking these:

1. Spectre Knight

2. Propeller Knight

3. Tinker Knight

4. Polar Knight

Edited by timaeus222