Sign in to follow this  
Pi_R_Squared

BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Haha, I'm trying to wonder how you can make something evil out of Tetris :) Nice changes!

Check out OZMA's Korobenki. Its not on OCR, but you will probably find an MP3 of it somewhere.

And I'll post a MIDI WIP of Garry Oaks theme later today (or maybe tommorow depending how busy I am). I need someone who can whistle as well for the intro...

Also, Avaris, can you still tell me how to re-install my audio driver?

Ok, I'm gonna post the WIP at the public WIP forums. Its a MIDI, the Bass riff is a bit messed up just now but I have every intent to change that, and, well, your just gonna have to read the description for the rest.

Hey Pi, since the deadline has passed, can't you give another status update on all of the mixes like you did before?

And of course, set a new deadline and stuff? Or am I too hasty and should I get myself more patience?

P.S. Tensei, did you go to that Game Music concert in Utrecht on Sunday?

OMFG Pi is on a mix! We need a list on the instrumentalists for those who can whistle. I can wait to see the song description for this mix.

why no you didn't added Snow Bros

i sad :cry:

We gotta leave something for Crescendo To Chaos 2! :wink:

Good political answer

P.S. Tensei, did you go to that Game Music concert in Utrecht on Sunday?

uhhhh do you mean the TMF gameplay?? I haven't been there, I thought it would suck because of all the sweaty nerds, I didn't know they were having a Game Music concert though.. :lol:

Oh by the way, tallest, I've left you some feedback, and a small arrangement ( my interpretation of the Gary Oak piece) in the WIP forums

Now that stuff is more official, there's no need for including the last time someone put up a WIP. A new WIP deadline now would be too soon. Let's wait a bit.

And I prefer it be called Haywire Harmonics, please :wink:

I'd like to give Gruntilda a shot. I think it would make a good prog-rock song. So, maybe even collab with LuIzA wit dis, yo. so, yeah, sign me up for Grunty.

No problem, I'll go do that now.

While I'm posting, let me bring up a question, if someone wants to give me a bit of help. A third joke boss, if you will. Something that causes problems, without being a boss. For example, Katamari Damacy might be a certain cumbersome object, or Harvest Moon might be plain old Winter. Any suggestions?

I'd like to give Gruntilda a shot. I think it would make a good prog-rock song. So, maybe even collab with LuIzA wit dis, yo. so, yeah, sign me up for Grunty.

that'd be cool.. hit me up if ya want me geetawrs!

ed]No problem, I'll go do that now.

While I'm posting, let me bring up a question, if someone wants to give me a bit of help. A third joke boss, if you will. Something that causes problems, without being a boss. For example, Katamari Damacy might be a certain cumbersome object, or Harvest Moon might be plain old Winter. Any suggestions?

I like the Winter idea...

Not meaning to overload you in collab requests, but your name has been mentioned a few times in the thread to the Gary Oak remix, and I've been thinking in doing it in a fast upbeat boogie/rock'n roll style (even though Tallest, the guy I'm collabing with on it, probably hasn't heard my version of it yet).

It would be cool if it could be done in the style of Joe Satriani (if that name doesn't ring any bells, download his 'satch boogie', it should give you a good idea for what I'm aiming at :)), and since you're so proficient at playing guitar (probably more than me :oops: ), I'd love to have you playing (at least some of) the lead guitar for it. :P

gah, here I go again with the long posts.. :roll:

Not meaning to overload you in collab requests, but your name has been mentioned a few times in the thread to the Gary Oak remix, and I've been thinking in doing it in a fast upbeat boogie/rock'n roll style (even though Tallest, the guy I'm collabing with on it, probably hasn't heard my version of it yet).

It would be cool if it could be done in the style of Joe Satriani (if that name doesn't ring any bells, download his 'satch boogie', it should give you a good idea for what I'm aiming at :)), and since you're so proficient at playing guitar (probably more than me :oops: ), I'd love to have you playing (at least some of) the lead guitar for it. :P

gah, here I go again with the long posts.. :roll:

Ive just listened to your version. Ahh! Thats insane! I Love It! I'm gonna post of my opinion at the forum, but yeah! Woo!

i've been putting in some work on my track-i should have it up in the next couple of days, but the chord progression flows better, the melody is harmonized, the intro is shorter, and i'm now working on the next part of the mix

Okay, I've got a minute, rough... really rough beta of the mix. Also, I singed up at the forums, & I'm kinda hoping we have a webspace for me to upload the beta. But anyway, I signed up. Yay!

Edit: Also, I didn't get the confirmation email, so... yeah. I can't log in with the name.

I don't know why the forums wouldn't have sent you a confirmation email yet, but why don't you post the WIP here for now, as others have done?

And let me point out something that is becoming all too clear. As projects develop and grow, they begin to take on a life of their own. I now realise this project, while still about bosses, is hardly centered around evil. Believe me, this isn't a problem, especially when I get to hear Gary's theme done in the current path it's going. Now, I don't want anyone losing site of the goal, so I'm readjusting it:

MAKE BOSS MUSIC SOUND LIKE BOSS MUSIC, WHETHER THAT IMPLIES EVIL, INSANITY, BAD-ASSNESS, KICK-ASSNESS, POWER, WHATEVER.

We've got some good examples popping up that show exactly what Im talking about, both positive and negative. Finding the right way to set a piece is great, but stretching things to fit isn't always the best course of action. Any questions? I think this is a good move, or rather, I sure hope so.

I just read the rules and guidelines for site projects, and umm.. shouldn't we be in WIPs, or maybe even in Site Projects?

I think we're coming along nicely, this project might very well be the rise to fame for some of the remixers. :)

Look at it this way, we ride this stay as long as we can, because we're getting the most attention here. If we switched out now, we couldn't get front page exposure, we wouldn't get glanced at, only by people in WIPs anyway. It's if and when we start to stagnate that we switch, to give ourselves a jumpstart.