Heart of a Gamer: A Tribute to Satoru Iwata - History

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welp... only a few more days or so until release.   I hope everyone is happy with this small album. Not as cool as that giant Castlevania one, I suppose, but still a fun little album.   A nice mix

*WIP*WIP*WIP*   Very Messy Progress shot

Hey Damned, do I speak to you specifically about the album cover or is it a group input thing? I don't want to flood the thread with WIP's if it's unnecessary. Unless the community doesn't mind that k

I'll make up for it by totally making one if you can have the PATIENTS to wait, DOCTOR DAMNED

edit: My mix is coming together really cool! I can't say it'll be totally different from what you heard from me, but it's gonna be a sweet, upbeat acoustic song, I think Iwata would have dug it

NO ONE COLOR Themysteriousassassin IMPRESSED!

It stains really easily and is impossible to get out. We would have to throw him out and get a new one, it's just easier that way.

Cover progress is coming along nicely.

Brandon, what is the progress on your remix?

My progress is just that I need to record guitars but I'm not sure what flavor. I wanted to have clean electric in there but I think acoustic guitar would have to be the rhythms, even though I thought clean elec might be good :-(

I'm off tomorrow and want to get it all wrapped up. Work has been a B-word. Only 1 day free per week now.

As a side note I don't think that Iwata quote should be on the cover. It resulted in a good title, but after he passed that is the 1 quote that was repeated ad nauseous by every news site, gaming company, developer, etc.. It's sad his career got truncated to 1 convenient quote by hundreds of people; of course it's your call and I mean no offense if you keep it :) but the man is legendary there's probably other quotes or even no quote would work well

This is really coming along and I do think it's almost there. Probably the last thing I would comment on is Pikachu's tail; it seems to stick out as unshaded to me. I know you wanted a certain emission window/range on the TV, so even if you don't agree with that, perhaps thicken the outline on the tail to match the body/ears/head?

1) The subtitle should be "A Tribute to Satoru Iwata"

2) I will co-sign on Mario having crazy eyes; and

3) I believe Pikachu's body shape needs another pass, especially because all of the other characters are much more true-to-form by comparison.

Good job so far, Odai!

Y'all are against having subtitles be "A [name] Tribute Album/Project" aren't ya. I had to change Cid's subtitle to A Tribute to Cid, and you're suggesting a similar name change for this. Same phrasing too haha

I'm not mad, just pointing out that it's kinda funny.