Heart of a Gamer: A Tribute to Satoru Iwata - History

The Damned

Some of the shading looks off to me, too. Some parts look like the light is emanating from the TV, others like it's a full floodlight in front. Mario in particular looks like a paper cutout except for his eyes and hand. The shadow cast on Balloon Fighter from Kirby actually makes it look light the light source is off to the left somewhere, and the shape of that shadow is a bit odd. Ness's hand is apparently immune to the shadow cast by his own foot.

This is all pretty nitpicky, of course. It's just what stood out to me.

For years I've been annoyed by albums that put "album" or "project" in their title. We know it's an album. Once it's an album it's no longer a project. Also I trust Larry on titling shit, guy knows his stuff. 

Kinda bored of putting "Tribute" in titles too. Just such an overused word to the point that it loses its meaning. I like Darned's suggestion of "Remembering Satoru Iwata" but like I said, I also trust Larry, and ultimately it's not my call, and my own hangups about language are my own problem.

I need to finish the song tomorrow

I'm wrapping things up today and tomorrow. A lot of different suggestions for the subheading have been given here in the thread. I'm putting the final decision to you as the director Damned:
Remembering Satoru Iwata
A Satoru Iwata Tribute Album
A Tribute to Satoru Iwata
I guess there's no wrong answer, but once it's baked it's baked. 

Cheers! :D

I'm wrapping things up today and tomorrow. A lot of different suggestions for the subheading have been given here in the thread. I'm putting the final decision to you as the director Damned:

Remembering Satoru Iwata

A Satoru Iwata Tribute Album

A Tribute to Satoru Iwata

I guess there's no wrong answer, but once it's baked it's baked. 

Cheers! :D

Just include a PSD file hosted somewhere in case any last-minute text decisions are made. Ultimately, it's The Damned's call, dammit! Happy subtitling!

Have you talked with DJP about the website? He has really been a huge help in the past with project sites for me

As for my song it is done, and timaeus has his grubby paws on it.. I spent a lot of time doing EQ but I'm still not all too sure that it's clean enough, but given the circumstances and the fact that music sounds different on every headset, I'm alright with it going out -- good bass presence and very warm. Which is weird, because when I exported it, I was sure the highs were too strong and the bass was weak. 

That's music for ya. 

It sounds great on the AKG Q701s at least

I'm sorry the song took so long

Weeeelll... October 15th as a deadline was mostly to jsut make sure we had the most important part of the album done first: the remixes.

It wasn't reaaaaaally a hard deadline, so I guess it's not so bad. We still got a few weeks, so it's the best kind of on time: technically on time.

Thanks, Brandon. I take back everything Larry and Bob said about you. :<

I have the distinct feeling that mentioning time like that will jinx it. Or did I jinx it buy mentioning that? No matter what I say, I'll still gonna get blamed. Oh well. I gave up trying on that.

Meanwhile, on the subject of sites, I would try my hand at that but I would totally blank on it because I have AD/HD and terrible short-term memory to boot. Not that I even have someway to even make a website. But, thats what good old google is for. If anyone knows someone who can do it whose open, please do say. Best to get that done ASAP.

Right now, the tracklist is:

k-wix

Chernabogue

Sbeast

timaeus222

Brandon Strader

PokerusVGM

Also, Sbeast's track title is "Choose Your Character!", and Pokerus should have an accent on the e.

Otherwise, looks great to me! :)

All these things are correct. I want to end with PokerusVGM's cover, because it's a nice calming guitar song. And there's something about "going to a new land" that kinda ties into him passing...

The back cover looks awesome, Odai. Nicely done.