MAGFest 2016 (Combat your Post-MAG Depression here)

Arrow

18 hours ago, kitty said:

I still need a room if anyone needs a roommate

Or I guess I request space in the OCR Suite if that's still an option :) 

I'm right there with ya....

PS: I thought I posted in here already, but I'm going. :)

On 1/14/2016 at 8:17 PM, DrumUltimA said:

Yay! We just got announced! http://magfest.org/musicians

Alright!  Seeing you guys playing in the lobby has been a highlight of the past 2 years.

I got the email from the MAG hotel liaison staff.  Currently the Gaylord OCR block consists of rooms reserved by:

Me
Bahamut (two rooms)
Darangen
OA
Shaggy
VinnyMac
and someone by the RL name of Joshua Maltby whose handle here I'm unsure of.

If you successfully reserved a room at the Gaylord, wanted your room to be in the OCR block (i.e. you room will be on the same floor and in the same stretch of hallway as the rest of us), and your name isn't in this list, please contact me immediately with the first and last name of whoever reserved your room, as well as the reservation's confirmation number in Gaylord's system.

Hey everyone. Figured I'd get this discussion rolling now.

So during Magfest I know that everyone likes to coordinate when we go out and get food, when we're gonna hit concerts, and other general hanging out. In the past we've used GroupMe, a mobile messaging app, to coordinate. Other options are Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. I personally would ask that nobody include me in group MMS and SMS texting (it costs me money on my phone if you're not an iPhone user).

The "OverClocked ReMix" group still exists on GroupMe, but I'd like to propose we make a couple of chatrooms for coordinating. One for food meetups ("anyone getting lunch? where are you guys going? what time?"), one for concerts and panels, and one for general hangout/magchat stuff. What do you guys think?

I've renamed the OCR group to OC ReMix @ MAGFest 2016

1 hour ago, DarkeSword said:

So during Magfest I know that everyone likes to coordinate when we go out and get food, when we're gonna hit concerts, and other general hanging out. In the past we've used GroupMe, a mobile messaging app, to coordinate. Other options are Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. I personally would ask that nobody include me in group MMS and SMS texting (it costs me money on my phone if you're not an iPhone user).

The "OverClocked ReMix" group still exists on GroupMe, but I'd like to propose we make a couple of chatrooms for coordinating. One for food meetups ("anyone getting lunch? where are you guys going? what time?"), one for concerts and panels, and one for general hangout/magchat stuff. What do you guys think?

sounds like a great idea. i've never used groupme before but i'm sure it's simple to use. it appears to be an organized and direct way to get information out quickly and accurately amidst the MAG chaos

ok i don't know how to use it lol i installed it and search for it but it doesn't show up. does it only show up when it's being used? so like not for another month? 

3 hours ago, zykO said:

sounds like a great idea. i've never used groupme before but i'm sure it's simple to use. it appears to be an organized and direct way to get information out quickly and accurately amidst the MAG chaos

ok i don't know how to use it lol i installed it and search for it but it doesn't show up. does it only show up when it's being used? so like not for another month? 

GroupMe FTW. So in order to join a group, I believe you have to either have a direct link to it or be invited. Not sure if you can just straight up search for groups.

Fun fact: Groupme was originally built at a hackathon using the company I work for's API :D good shit.

8 hours ago, DarkeSword said:

Using GroupMe as usual with a few chatrooms sounds like the plan to go with to me.