Sony PS3

Bigfoot

Wow, it appears you should definitely avoid this one.. heh

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

* GameSpot (39/100) - "Even if you could get past the horrid frame rate problems, lackluster presentation, and lack of online multiplayer, the gameplay in Crossfire is practically identical to the half-dozen or more Gundam games that appeared on the PlayStation 2. If you're looking for a game to show off what your PlayStation 3 is capable of, Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire should be your last choice of all the launch titles."

* Game Informer (38/100) - "Imagine that you've worked hard and saved for years, and finally bought the luxury sports car of your dreams. You open the door and get in for the first time, carefully adjust the mirrors, program the radio and then, once you're comfortable, take a giant dump on the seat ... That's essentially what you're doing if you spend the money on a fancy new PS3 and choose this as your launch game of choice ... I have nothing positive to say about this game. I even hate the menu screen."

* 1UP (20/100) - "So, the story is nonexistent, the gameplay is a joke, and the controls are unresponsive. Could Crossfire get any worse? Unfortunately, that's a resounding 'yes.' Poor level design cripples any hopes of enjoyment ... The game is an embarrassment to the Gundam name, and raises suspicions that it was rushed for the PS3 launch."

Wow, it appears you should definitely avoid this one.. heh

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

I remember telling myself; "Come on now, let's try and be open minded and give this PS3 a fair chance."

I saw a gameplay vid of this game and thought "hey, it does look good!"

Then it started moving T__T;

It really shows that developers have so much more to learn in terms of gameplay. It was so slow and dull looking and it doesnt do justice to the animated series at all by the looks of it.

T'is a real shame.

Ironically, the Wii Gundam game looks "rubbish" while the gameplay seems to be better. u_u; we just can't win can we?

You know, press may be press, but when Time is heckling you, you know something went wrong.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1560635,00.html

Without rumble, it just ain't a jungle.

I don't think many people will take this article seriously, at all.

That isn't Times, like the New York Times( Though they really didn't like the PS3 either. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/20/arts/20game.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin ). That's TIME, as in TIME Magazine. One of the biggest publications in the world.

You know, press may be press, but when Time is heckling you, you know something went wrong.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1560635,00.html

Without rumble, it just ain't a jungle.

I don't think many people will take this article seriously, at all.

That isn't Times, like the New York Times( Though they really didn't like the PS3 either. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/20/arts/20game.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin ). That's TIME, as in TIME Magazine. One of the biggest publications in the world.

the guy does brings quite some good points about things that the xbox360 beats the ps3 out of the park.

So, after Evilhead, among others, ranted and bitched about Nintendo charging $10 for N64 games, Sony turns around and releases the prices of their own PSOne games for the PSP.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162183.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

From $5.99 to $10.99. Not even the proclaimed $5 price tag. For games you can literally get for less, from a pawn shop.

Still such a great deal?

So, after Evilhead, among others, ranted and bitched about Nintendo charging $10 for N64 games, Sony turns around and releases the prices of their own PSOne games for the PSP.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162183.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

From $5.99 to $10.99. Not even the proclaimed $5 price tag. For games you can literally get for less, from a pawn shop.

Still such a great deal?

Yes it is a great deal. And you seem to be confused. The $5 downloads that were annouced before were for play on the PS3, correct? These are for the PSP. Totally different story. Homebrew PS1 emulation on the PSP is just creeping along at this point, so I'd gladly pay $5-$10 to play perfect ports of PS1 games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy Tactics, Crash Bandicoot 2, Bushido Blade, etc, to play on my PSP on the go. Considering Nintendo is charging $39.99 for their N64 to DS ports I'd say Sony is definitely the winner here. I'm sure if they released a bunch of ports of PS1 games on UMD they could easily milk the fans a la Nintendo and charge $40 a pop, but they aren't. Good move on their part, especially with the rise of emulation.

Yeah, Super Mario 64 is still about $40 here. And yes, it is a port. They might have added a few things but it's just a port. I'm not saying OMG DON'T BUY it but saying that charging $5-$10 for perfect PS1 ports on the PSP isn't exactly expensive. And yes, you do need a fat memory stick, but 1 or 2 gig memory sticks aren't that expensive and a lot of PSP owners already have them. No need for a 4 gig card if you just want to throw a PS1 game on there with some other junk. If you happen to have a PS3 and a card it's a nice feature.

Yeah, Super Mario 64 is still about $40 here. And yes, it is a port. They might have added a few things but it's just a port. I'm not saying OMG DON'T BUY it but saying that charging $5-$10 for perfect PS1 ports on the PSP isn't exactly expensive. And yes, you do need a fat memory stick, but 1 or 2 gig memory sticks aren't that expensive and a lot of PSP owners already have them. No need for a 4 gig card if you just want to throw a PS1 game on there with some other junk. If you happen to have a PS3 and a card it's a nice feature.

"If you happen to have a PS3" lol :[

*sigh* Jesus christ. How is the PS3 having even more problems than even I expected? I've always found the Sony to be a very solid bet for consoles. My PS2 is still invaluable to me because of the awesome games and it's DVD capability. What the hell has gone wrong with their company? Why is this such a huge cluster fuck?