CastleMania - A Castlevania/Pro Wrestling Concept Album

MindWanderer

Since I only got one snippet of music by the first check-in date, I'll leave this open for a while.  I can only assume folks have other obligations, even though only Chernabogue is telling me anything.  Once I get some more music or at least some feedback or updates from folks, I'll set another check-in date.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Tuberz McGee said:

Sorry! Life has been kicking me in the metaphorical teeth with obligations (mostly pertaining to my honours thesis) but I'll do my best to get this going at some point soon! 

Thanks for letting me know, at least!  Better than most have done.

In other news, @FlameingDaethFearies has started work on Vampire Killer as the main theme of CastleMania, and I'm super stoked about that!  They'll be perfect to get this thing kicked off right!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, here's the list of everyone who's given me any kind of update at all since I announced the first check-in date:

The following people have been completely MIA, and their claims are being dropped until I hear from them again:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I hate to do this but I think I'm going to have to bow out. 

I would have loved to do the track, but I'm entering a new stage in my life where I'm much more busy than ever before and while I'm concerned by it (and very much not used to it) I have to accept it in order to make the most of my life. I'm really sorry for messing you about, I would have loved to work on this.

All right, that leaves us only 7 claims, of which 3 have WIPs.  Time to get dangerous.

Next check-in will be Saturday, April 15.  I need to have some sort of WIP from everyone at that point.  Anyone from whom I haven't heard any music at all will be dropped.

I will also continue to accept new claims.  If you had one and it got dropped, I need a WIP from you to accept your claim back again.

If, after that April culling, but with any new additions, there aren't at least 6 claims remaining on the board, I'll suspend the whole project unless folks express an interest again.

• 3 weeks later...

All yours! Feel free to add in some Tragic Prince, if you like, to make the arrangement stand out from all the other metal covers of Dracula's Castle out there.  Alucard is one of the most prominent characters of the series, so I'll want to make sure this one is really solid before finalizing things.

11 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

All yours! Feel free to add in some Tragic Prince, if you like, to make the arrangement stand out from all the other metal covers of Dracula's Castle out there.  Alucard is one of the most prominent characters of the series, so I'll want to make sure this one is really solid before finalizing things.

Alright sounds good to me!

• 3 weeks later...

Reminder:

• Next (and potentially last) check-in is in two months from today.
  • There are nine current claims.  Out of those, I have three WIPs and two are new claims.
  • Although I'd like to get new WIPs from everyone, that means four people have been on the list for a long time and haven't turned in any music yet.
  • If I don't get any new signups and none of those four people don't turn in a WIP, this whole project will be suspended indefinitely, probably permanently.

• 4 weeks later...

I just listened to @mikedm92's WIP, and it's pretty freaking good.  And he claimed his track less than 2 months ago, setting a great example for the rest of y'all.

The deadline to get a WIP in is less than a month away, so please get me something!  I've only got two near-complete tracks so far, but they're both stellar and I don't want them to go to waste (though of course they can always be submitted to the site as normal).

Fun facts:

1. Netflix is producing an original miniseries based on Castlevania III.
  2. We currently have claims (and one WIP) for three of the four protagonists of Castlevania III: Trevor, Grant, and Alucard.
  3. The one hero from the game we don't have a claim for is Sypha Belmades.
  4. Sypha's theme is "Mad Woods."
  5. I still don't have someone to do a tribute to gamer/wrestler Xavier Woods.
  6. Xavier Woods has several very different theme songs, which include rap, funk, and dubstep.  One of the few to have a purely electronic theme song.

Surely someone can step up to this obvious challenge?