Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

Hmm, the hardest boss in recent memory that comes to mind is fighting against King Bowser in Paper Mario. Honestly, give me a name of a final boss who heals himself to almost max HP in a final boss fight?

Like I said, it was recent memory. I haven't play much video games in a while. There was a boss in Fire Emblem 5 (SNES) that I consider to be fuckin' hard because his defense (both magical and physical) was near maxed, he had a powerful spell book which could (and often) OHKO anyone, and he would rest on a fortress, which gives I think +20 to defense and +5 to evade and also, it heals an unit's HP to max every round.

the queen/sorcerer from battletoads. just try and beat her...:oops:

I recall that I couldn't beat that thing, EVEN WITH AN EMULATOR! You just couldn't run any faster how hard you tried. I heard that the only thing possible is some sort of bug that let you fall trough the floors, but that might be BS. Anyone who made it?

I think I posted this already but in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow(I think that's what it's called) I had a hard time doing the sealing thing to beat Death. I killed him seven times in a row but I couldn't seal him. I had to get my bro to seal him for me.

From the gamecube days... Some of the bonus fights in Mega Man X command mission (the RPG) were ridiculous. The tails family and rafflesia were really tough.

Actually I can recall a few...

Super Mario World, I was like 7. And the fight with Bowser, I'd get so scared, I had to have my dad beat it for me.

Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. King/Kaptain K. Rool was so difficult for an 8 year old's brain to figure out.

Super Metroid. Ridley, need I say more?

Super Mario RPG. Yaridovich. I remember never being leveled up enough to get through the fight easily. And it was always the hardest fight for me. But it was extremely rewarding to finally beat him each time I went through the game.

Rayman. The Viking Opera Lady. It was hard enough getting to her in the art world, but that fight with her took FOREEEVER.

Viewtiful Joe, the Devil Dog Boss, and fighting Captain Blue for the last time. Try doing that on Adults difficulty. Can't believe I attempted playing that game on V-Rated, that's just suicide, especially as Sylvia.

There's so many more I could list, but I can't remember them.

One a non-boss note, RAINBOW ROAD ON SUPER MARIO KART (SNES), can't remember how many times I came in 6th or LAST in that race.

Rainbow Road is typically the Asshole course in Mario Kart...

...Goldwyn in Uniracers may not be a boss, but I sure hate his ass. Computer-assisted bastard.

I can't get past Glass Joe on "Mike Tyson's Punchout!"

Don't laugh, I'm not kidding.

I own That game. and in a Game Pro Magazine, like a year or 2 ago. I'm not sure. They considered him one of the hardest bosses in video game history, he is really fucking hard to beat.

Super Mario RPG. Yaridovich. I remember never being leveled up enough to get through the fight easily. And it was always the hardest fight for me. But it was extremely rewarding to finally beat him each time I went through the game.

Yaridovich is a tough cookie even when you are leveled up enough, he hit's like a truck, so even if the battle is done fairly quick and easy it's still a bit scary.

I don't know if anyone here has played the Jurassic Park game for the genesis (much different from the snes version), but fighting Dr. Grant when you were the raptor was just stupid. As soon as you got close to him he'd just shock you with his stung gun (which was annoying since when you played as Grant he was constantly getting mauled). There was some sort of trick you had to pull with the scenery, but I could never figure it out so I've never beaten it.

I've been playing Rune Factory Frontier, and it's been pretty fun so far. I've only fought one boss, but it was a damn difficult one.

The boss of the first dungeon (Green Ruins) is a giant Gryphon. The thing does 60 damage, easily, can fly, keeping him out of range, and even spawn chicken enemies of its own (fortunately, it also kills them). It has a charging attack that can cause it to become dizzy if it runs into a wall, but late into the battle when it gets its attack/speed boost it becomes much more difficult to get it anywhere near the walls. Oh, and it starts doing around 80 damage per attack.

It's a shock, especially since the DS games were so much easier in terms of boss fights. Bosses can be fought again as well, and I think their power either scales with the player's level, or they just get stronger each time they're killed. I deduced this when, after I defeated it once and fought it again, it was no longer weak to fire attacks. Either way, I wasted a lot of potions, only to die in the home stretch.

Isn't Rune Factory a Harvest Moon spin off? I like the Harvest Moon franchise, but there's something about the idea of attacking a gryphon with a hoe or a sickle that cracks me up. Granted, you could probably do some damage with the hammer or the axe, but if I were playing the game I'd totally go into battle armed with the fishing pole or something, just for lulz.

You do have swords, spears, and the like as well. Farming tools don't lend themselves to high damage or quick attacks. Not to say it can't be done, though. Hell, the watering can is a great way to clear out enemies surrounding you.

In "The World Ends With You" ("It's a Wonderful World") for the DS, Hanekoma's noise form is severe! Even on easy, the first time you come across this dude, you're dead within twenty seconds... Fierce!

Super Mario RPG

Axem Rangers or Smithy. I remember rubbing my fingers on my A and B buttons on the Axem Rangers so hard my thumb ended up busting open. (I was like 8 lol)

Smithy was just a douche because he had so much health and I was like, "OMFG, WHEN THE HELL IS HE GONNA DIE!!".

Oh God, Yaridovich.

SMRPG was always pretty easy to me because I like to powerlevel, but I'd say ol' Yari is the second-hardest boss in the game (next to Culex).

Smithy was cake to me, but again, I was packing Lazy Shell (isn't that what it's called? memory fails sometimes) armor, the best weapons and accessories, and fully leveled lv. 30 characters.

If I did it at, say, level 23 or so with the standard store-bought stuff, it would be QUITE the challenge.

I should play back through and do that, actually.