All Time Hardest Boss

The "Hell" level at the end of Doukutsu Monogatari (did I spell that right?). Hard stuff. I'm sure there was a boss in there somewhere, but I couldn't even get to it. =[

The "Weapons" from FF7. Obligatory. The desert and underwater ones. Ugh.

I also remember fighting a boss from FFX-2 for about an hour and a half straight. Wasn't really hard, just tedious. Honestly, though, I'd rarely consider RPG bosses 'hard'. Hard should be reserved for those bosses that require inhuman reflexes and skill, not simply gaining more levels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You said, you had to gloat (WHAT?) You had to pat yourself on the back (WHAT?) You were proud of yourself out loud (WHAT?) You had to show everyone else up (WHAT?) You had to show off (WHAT?) You had

Indalicio, sans Limiter. If you don't know about the limiter, then break out your old copy of Star Ocean Two with your Mastered save, hike back to Central City, and start a personal action. Look around. After the scene with Filia, I think her name was, the final boss gets roughly twenty times harder.

I've found one refrence to someone beating this form of the boss, apparently with all characters in excess of level 215.

Hardest, Most Frustrating & WORST GAME ENDING... was for me, Skies of Arcadia...

I played that game, loved it.. but then came the end.. and it was so disatisfying.. it just ended, right when things were picking up pretty nicely.

Unfortunately there were like a hundred millions mini bosses before the actual boss (no save point before the real boss) and then there were so many bosses.. it just sucked.. I died so many times... apparently wasn't leet enough to face him..

when i finally beat him, it just ended. i hate that game now.

Has anybody ever heard of Takeshi no Chousenjou? Apparently the last boss has to be hit 10,000 times to be killed or something?

Oh, and the game opens with the line "This was made by a man who hates video games."

I think that was the article I read about it...made by God-among-men Beat Takeshi.

or somethin'...I'm probably drunk again...

Here are a few: Mike Tyson on Punch Out, Jacquio from Ninja Gaiden, and the final dragon boss from Karnov.

Jacquio was a sumbitch, but I ignored him mostly because he was flatly impossible, in typical NES fashion. Karnov I wasn't too put out by, however.

Descent 2 and 3 final bosses. In D2, you could only hurt it on a tiny spot on its back, which of course was impossible to get to because everytime you went for it, the boss would turn to face you, perfectly putting the rest of its non-destroyable body in the way.

In D3, it fires twelve frag missles at once, then switches to a laser that can cut through the walls of the level. Then it fires homing missles, then uss micro black-hole generator to suck you in close and kill you in one shot.

Ozma, from FF9, is a real pain, that I can say. He may just be a ball that looks like it been bathed with 100 kinds of paint buckets, but if you make him angry, like standing in front oh him/her, he either puts some real bad fog on you, makes a giant flare or drops an asteroid in your petit videocharacter head.

Now there´s a nasty guy!

Hmm...can't think of any game in quite a while that actually got me frustrated....haven't beat ninja gaiden yet, its sorta hard but I think its due either to the super loose controls, my ability to not be able to adjust to the xbox controller, or the fact im not that entertained by it....the only person who gave me trouble for more than a few days was Vergil on Dante must die mode on DMC 3; nothing says fun like trying to cut down a boss with quick as hell health regen at 50 percent, had to max out those things that give you maximum health and max devil trigger, which also took hours upon hours of getting orbs....also a few bosses and areas on the way to him as well it was extremly fun to fight him though, it felt good finally beating him and breezing thought the rediculous heaven or hell mode - I remeber hearing every game reviewer on the net complaining on how this is the hardest game in recent times...and that was just on the normal difficulty setting...

In general, I don't think you can discuss difficult bosses until you've played the SaGa series.

Dude, Fook bosses...I died to very first encounter in Saga Frontier 2.

There are a few games where this has happened...The Aforementioned Takeshi no Chousenjou and Saga 2, and something else with escapes me at the moment...

Oh, the first enemy in Sonic Advance when playing with Amy...

In general, I don't think you can discuss difficult bosses until you've played the SaGa series.

Dude, Fook bosses...I died to very first encounter in Saga Frontier 2.

There are a few games where this has happened...The Aforementioned Takeshi no Chousenjou and Saga 2, and something else with escapes me at the moment...

Oh, the first enemy in Sonic Advance when playing with Amy...

Saga Frontier 2? Ha. You call that hard? I laugh heartily at you, sucka.

I am the hardest boss.

You have a drinking problem, don't I?

This thread answers itself.

Also, Ozma was easy.

Probably fair enough, he could be beaten if you had big level characters that in some way could strike 9999, and after around like 37 tries, I finally got that dude. And I did it before Terra, my brothers did it, so to not to be pointed out, I had to to it too of course.

But I was wrong, Emerald and Ruby weapon from FF7 are the hardest or at least one of the hardest bosses ever. Okay, not Emerald, but surely Ruby.

Yeah, I didn't think Ozma was too difficult. Nor was Metroid Prime. Conker's Bad Fur Day was damn hard but, I don't remember the bosses... Sephiroth was hard wasn't he? Maybe just because I sucked at FF7. That ball-thing at the end of Ikaruga is certainly the craziest boss. Yeah, I'm gonna vote for Ikaruga. All those bosses are insane.

Ozma, from FF9, is a real pain, that I can say. He may just be a ball that looks like it been bathed with 100 kinds of paint buckets, but if you make him angry, like standing in front oh him/her, he either puts some real bad fog on you, makes a giant flare or drops an asteroid in your petit videocharacter head.

Now there´s a nasty guy!

You just drain his mp. With Queina. Yeah.

Now there´s a nasty guy!

You just drain his mp. With Queina. Yeah.

I tried that, it was never ending. I think, or maybe I wasn´t patient. Meh, I took the hard way. I kicked his ass.

Or just wear armor that absorbs Doomsday/Anything of a Dark Element...

It just makes things hilarious that way...

Like egoist armlet. Some of my guys had that. Or maybe everyone, it´s quite easy that way.

My use of characters were Zidane, Freya, Eiko and Quina.