Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

I don't know if this one was mentioned yet, but even if it is, I still feel the need to bring it to attention.
that, and I don't want to read 150 pages of thread.

Lucifeller, the final boss in Kabuki Clash, is hard as hell.

How about the bosses in the last fourth of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories! They were hard as hell because of the games card based battle system, the longer the fight dragged on, the weaker you became because you keep losing your spelll cards when Sleighting and what not!

Ever had one of those games that you can kick the ass of, but as soon as you reach the end, it decides to go ballistic and kick your ass? After a visit to a local flea market a couple months back, I've found just such a game.

Captain Skyhawk for the NES is really an easy game. Sure, at first the altitude aspect takes a bit to get used to, but within an hour, you get the hang of it. I can get through the game's main stages with little trouble. I can get the best weapons lickity split, and kick the asses of those little "bonus" stages that try and mimic After Burner. But for the life of me, I can't beat the final boss.

It's attacks are pretty straight forward. It fires quickly at you as you move about a stationary screen with the boss in the background, and your plane in the foreground (like a non moving After Burner). All it does, is shoot a lot of bullet streams that move pretty quick. But the controls for your plane suddenly get very floaty. Perhaps it's because you're in space, but since the rest of the game has rather crisp control, this makes maneuvering and getting out of the way of the bullets seemingly impossible. It's a rather abrupt shift in way things control.

I know I have to be missing something... some trick or maneuver that would give me the upper hand. But I'll be damned if I can find it.

The hardest boss for me would have to be Miguel in Chrono Cross. Of course, that's because I have two black innates in the party and his two whitey spells in a row usually kill both of them immediately.
Miguel didn't give me too much trouble. Yeah, his Holy Drag Sword would 1shot people and occasionally he would kil lynx, but not much more to it than wearing him down. Black Dragon and (believe it or not) highwayman and Hi-Ho Tank gave me more trouble than miguel. Not that they were overly hard. Chrono Cross bosses weren't that hard in general.

Metroid Prime, and the Essence thereof. Those were hard friggin bosses.
I found Ridley harder than Prime. Omega Pirate too.

Prime is a respectable final boss though. Not among the hardest imo.

Metroid Prime, and the Essence thereof. Those were hard friggin bosses.
I found Ridley harder than Prime. Omega Pirate too.

Prime is a respectable final boss though. Not among the hardest imo.

It is possible to kill Omega Pirate in one round, but you need to make EVERY Super Missile count. And if you can get about 90% of the missile upgrades, after Ridley loses his wings, you can hold a Flamethrower on him until he croaks without letting up. Easy kill.

All-time hardest boss of ANY game, I would say Overlord Mata Muram in Everquest.

I'll try to find a good writeup on his encounter as most people here wouldn't know WTF I'm talking about.

Edit: I wavebuster'd ridley's second form when I felt like being cheap, ha!

Guilty Gear X2 - I-no

WTF, she doesn't die. Ever. On top of that, her special (which only the CPU can use) interrupts any combo you have her in, and she can take half your life bar in two hits.

Also, props to Zophar from Lunar 2. It took me like a week straight of attempts to finally take him out. I'm pretty sure that's more time I've ever spent on a boss from an RPG. (period)

Guilty Gear X2 - I-no

WTF, she doesn't die. Ever. On top of that, her special (which only the CPU can use) interrupts any combo you have her in, and she can take half your life bar in two hits.

You just suck at GGXX. Like every other person who complains about her.

The hardest boss I've ever come across would have to be either Omega Weapon or Shinryu from FF5. I say that only because I fought them once and died horribly... too ashamed to ever face them again. Any strategies?

You have obviously not met Gogo. But yes indeed, Omega is hard, VERY hard. Took awhile to realize that you could pass by him. I actually think I defeated Shinryu, but I don´t remember how. Maybe I was throwing coins. That´s how I defeated the Final Boss.

The hardest boss of all time in video game history was the last boss in Metal Gear for the NES. For the simple reason that Konami forgot to program him to die. Thats right, he litteraly can't die.

Same with the final boss in FarCry: Instincts if you're unlucky enough to experience the glitch. You can shoot/punch him for hours and he'll keep on coming at you like a tank. A tank with infinite ammunition and no character depth.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thing...

I managed to get thru Snake rattle n' roll when I was like 9 or 10.

One really fun game, still my favorite NES game.

Seiken Densetsu 3 isn't hard at all.

It's just bout getting best weapons,classes and some levels so the bosses don't spank you with their mean deathspell.

oh! the hardest boss?

Have yet to complete Super Mario RPG, Im stuck at the stupid axem-rangers.

Have we come to a conclusion yet?

This thread is the hardest boss. It cannot die.

That's been said about 34 times.

Cannot you call that a conclusion? It got 34 votes!

I know there's a cheap way to beat Shinryuu from FFV, something involving some sort of rings that absorb it's water attacks and then having all dragoons in your party with powerful lances and jumping all the time. I never tried it. As for Omega Weapon...I'm not sure. I only fought it once and it beat me pretty soundly.

And I've also beaten the original Metal Gear. You must've done something wrong.

As I have said before: This thread is historical.

My first post on OCR is in it.

::runs to first page to look at the date::

I didn´t realize this thread was so old.

::runs to first page to look at the date::

I didn´t realize this thread was so old.

You can also see how long I lurked, and how long it took for me to go to unmod and call it home.