Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

I seem to remember a few battles in Shining Force being incredibly hard when I was in 5th grade. The circus and mountain laser beam battle are the two I recall taking a long long while.

I think the circus ended up being easier though

I seem to remember a few battles in Shining Force being incredibly hard when I was in 5th grade. The circus and mountain laser beam battle are the two I recall taking a long long while.

I think the circus ended up being easier though

I still to this day have not beat Shining Force 1 or 2. I must have rented SF2 for at least 3 weeks. I could never figure out what to do after you got lemon. you had to get mithril weapons I think, but could never figure out where the damn dwarves were. thanks to gamefaqs I have an idea now, but refuse to sit through those long ass battles again.

That boss that guarded Columbus in Terranigma, she was a tough one. Had to use all of my rings, that was the only thing that was working. Had to reset and buy as many as I could. Got broke, but I DID beat her.

Any Boss in "God of War" when it's on God Mode.Its not only the bosses,its the little guys,too.I ran outside of my house and started yelling at the fist person I saw about how "Litte green dogs who vomet other little green dogs can suck my mother :::Explicit:::ing :::Explicit:::".

I'm still not aloud in that park anymore.

You know, a while back I mentioned the green boss in MegaMan Zero... Harpuia I believe. Yes, it took me a retardedly long time, but I did eventually get past him/her. I was proud of myself, and that proudness lasted right up until I reached the final boss in that game.

Since I know not everyone has played it, I won't ruin anything and mention the boss' name. However, I was stuck on this boss for weeks. Nothing I did seemed to really give me an edge. Oh sure, after a few days, I figured out why I was doing no damage whatsoever, but even after that, it didn't matter. I was usually lucky just to get the boss half dead.

Besides being a pain in the traditional MegaMan sense (fighting every level boss again in sequence), this final boss has two forms. The first form, has this boss in a rather familiar state, with every weapon and the best armor from a piece of his past (you'll understand what I mean if you've fought him). He zips all over the place on the ground and in the air, sends varying types of long range attacks at you, and is just generally a pest. It took a good number of tries, but I eventually found a way to get past him without too much trouble. That's when I hit his second form.

This, was a pain in the ass. The edges of the stage are taken out, so you can fall to your death if you're not careful. You can only damage his head, and the only way to reach his head is to do the old wall jump technique. There are no actual walls though. Instead, what you have are two hovering blocks with spikes on their tops and bottoms, and these blocks drift up and down opposite each other (when one's going up, the other's going down). Now, add in the several attacks the boss has. These consist of ringed lasers that come at where you're standing (and pin you in place if they touch you), a double shot of 360 degree laser beams, and a laser that sets the entire ground you're standing on, on fire. To this, you add in the fact that as you damage him, he starts attacking faster and with a greater number of shots for the ring laser.

I announced it in the AIMMS thread in UnMod when I finally beat the bastard. I've owned MegaMan Zero for over a year, and while I haven't played it everyday, I've played it pretty regularly. Harpuia was embarrassing enough, but to then get stuck on another boss in the same game for a good while... well, that's just mean :lol:

I never was all that great at the MegaMan games. I'm decent on the original games, but the "X" series and the "Zero" series... well...

This, was a pain in the ass. The edges of the stage are taken out, so you can fall to your death if you're not careful. You can only damage his head, and the only way to reach his head is to do the old wall jump technique. There are no actual walls though. Instead, what you have are two hovering blocks with spikes on their tops and bottoms, and these blocks drift up and down opposite each other (when one's going up, the other's going down). Now, add in the several attacks the boss has. These consist of ringed lasers that come at where you're standing (and pin you in place if they touch you), a double shot of 360 degree laser beams, and a laser that sets the entire ground you're standing on, on fire. To this, you add in the fact that as you damage him, he starts attacking faster and with a greater number of shots for the ring laser.

I have only played the first 6 games of Megaman, so I can´t really fully understand your pain in the ass, but of the look of your description, he really does sound like a pain in the ass, so I say congratulations for giving him a pain in the ass.

I just bought Guilty Gear X2 #Reload and I-No at the end of arcade mode is a real bitch for people just getting into the GG series. Probably the hardest fighting game boss I personally have ever fought. In story mode, though, she's a breeze.

Oh, and I got the hell smashed out of me in the first encounter in Saga Frontier 2 also.

The Zero series is very fun, yet brutally hard in an old-school way. It will make most modern gamers cry. :)

That being said, I honestly suck at the game, though I've been gaming since 1986 or so when I owned an Atari 2600. I'm looking forward to Capcom's upcoming Mega Man X Collection.

The Zero series is very fun, yet brutally hard in an old-school way. It will make most modern gamers cry. :)

Trust me, it does :)

That said ... MMZ3 is strangely easy .... I mean, sure, the last boss is, like in MMZ, a nice surprise, but when you consider who you're fighting against .... it seems too easy.

Bummerdude - very much a pain in the arse. You'd understand why if you knew who that final boss was. And you really should try the X series of MegaMan games - after 3, the NES ones were all pretty much the same over and over.

That said, I'm considering getting X8 for PC.

Bummerdude - very much a pain in the arse. You'd understand why if you knew who that final boss was. And you really should try the X series of MegaMan games - after 3, the NES ones were all pretty much the same over and over.

That would be quite possible, the console for the X-series is Playstation right? I have a PS2, so that would work out.

You know, I had MMX 4-6 for the PSX then had to sell them, but the upcoming Mega Man X Collection makes me feel less bad about that. :)

The Mega Man series has always relied on formula. I really enjoy the style of detailed anime-style stills for the cut-scenes in the PSX MMX games. I've haven't tried the MMX PS2 games and want to try them out, despite their less than stellar reputations.

I did enjoy the Mega Man Legends series though, although the Misadventures of Tron Bonne spin-off was arguably more fun.

Jecht from Final Fantasy X. Took me something like 3 weeks worth of leveling up to finally beat the douche bag.

I did also has some trouble with him, but that was before I knew how to get attack reels. But the most disappointing thing with the final boss of FFX is that it SO MUCH EASIER than Jecht. You have autolife on you the whole time, it´s impossible to lose.

Wait a minute, was that a spoiler?

By now, i doubt. It's been mentioned before quite a few times, if i remember well. And probably in the "All Time Easiest Boss" thread too.

By now, i doubt. It's been mentioned before quite a few times, if i remember well. And probably in the "All Time Easiest Boss" thread too.

actually i was just about to get there, you see, i've never played FFX before. so yeah...you ruined it. thx.

j/k it's not ruined, but yeah im almost done beating it for the first time, thx for the tip.

actually i was just about to get there, you see, i've never played FFX before. so yeah...you ruined it. thx.

j/k it's not ruined, but yeah im almost done beating it for the first time, thx for the tip.

Man, even if it did spoil it for you, you should beat it anyways. I thought that was the best FF game out there. FF X-2 on the other hand sucks. I got 7 hours into it and was embarresed by how bad it was.

j/k it's not ruined, but yeah im almost done beating it for the first time, thx for the tip. <--

Man, even if it did spoil it for you, you should beat it anyways. I thought that was the best FF game out there. FF X-2 on the other hand sucks. I got 7 hours into it and was embarresed by how bad it was.

notice final comment, i am still playing it.

I'd have to say the hardest boss I'v ever played was that one boss from Phalanx,the last boss. I never got past him, and most people never even got that far. His attacks were litterally impossible to dodge,or get an attack on him. Was tottaly gay, I ended up getting it on zsens,and playing him in slow-mo.

Don´t remind me of their exciting dance in Kilika, brrrr.

The cyclops in mega man 1, from one of the wily stages.

He came back in an easier form in mega man 3. Easier primarily because you could slide in MM3, and that you had a more damaging weapon (Hard knuckle).

Wily in mega man 7.

Sigma in mega man X4 when you're zero. Just because of when he does the attack where you see a big face .. hard to hit him with a melee attack without getting hit yourself.

Funny, to me Atma Weapon in FF6 was a pushover. Didn't drain his MP either (only used osmose when I got low).