The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Nope, no real clear answers about the timeline. However, there is a couple things that make me think there will be a direct sequel based on this one.
The cutscene after the 3rd temple, yadda yadda, when it shows the unified Fused Shadow, it shows 3 Dark Link, but it never brings them up again, anywhere in the game.

And at the end, Link survives and everything. Which makes me think there will be a sequel that takes place in the same timeline, with the same Link, where he will have to face off against the 3 Dark Link. If so, I just hope they don't do the whole Mario Sunshine thing, with them being "clones" out to discredit his name or anything.

Y'see, I was under the impression that that whole deal took place in the past and had no real connection to Link at all. The light being, when telling the story to Link, used familiar faces in place of the characters' actual faces. Since the people that were banished (the Twili ancestors) were looked upon as evil for using their dark magic, the dark Links were used to illustrate that. So I don't really see a direct sequel being made, though another prequel would be kind of nice to show us how Gannondorf managed to escape the sacred realm the first time. Not that I'm complaining, but I was sorta hoping that's what TP was for.

Bean is correct. I fail to see how anybody could actually take that literally.

So I haven't read much of the spoilers. All I want to know is whether this game really does provide a connection to the other games and makes the timeline clearer. If it takes too many spoilers to explain, don't bother :P

I have the game but I have no Wii Sad I can't wait until I finish finals next week and come home to maybe buy one.

Ignore some of the others (like SilverStar). It does. There are plenty of clues to let you know that this game takes place way after Ocarina of Time (as JackKieser said, 100+ years), as it references the OoT storyline as mythology. You also get glimpses at a few different types of ancient technology, and, through subtle references, you really get enough information on the previous games that they tie together fairly well. Not everything is flat-out explained, though, as that was not necessarily TP's purpose.

Complaints and stuff.
Diving wouldn't make sense, simply because the new Zora tunic allows you to swim. You DO revisit the goat herding game for a heart piece. The music was great; I don't recall hearing a song I didn't like. Also, for something a bit more difficult, run through the Cave of Ordeals.

Don't complain 'til you get 100%.

I will tell you that there's really no direct link to either Ocarina or Wind Waker that I could see.

What? It makes plenty of mythological references to OoT, including the same Temple of Time. It's just that this game takes place way after OoT, so the connections are more subtle.

Also, it's not meant to tie into Wind Waker directly. Injin posted a video awhile ago that theorizes on the overall Zelda timeline (released before Twilight Princess was out) that pretty much nails everything dead-on.

Oh, and yes to both questions, Megadave.

EBGames' website[/url'>]* Limited Edition Hardcover - A small print run of Prima's Premier Guide with gold foil stamped hardcover and cloth Overworld map

* Cloth Overworld Map - A collectible poster map of the Overworld printed on cloth to keep you oriented in Hyrule.

* Every item is covered in Prima's Guide - All 24 Golden Bugs, 60 Poes, 45 Pieces of Heart, Fairies, Rare Gold Chu locations, Dig spot caverns, Overworld and Dungeon treasure chests, and every single Rupee location in the entire game world revealed.

* Premier Maps - Exclusive maps for every Dungeon in the game

So there appears to be 2 cool Zelda collectible items at Target.

2nd one:

zelda1.jpg

Cant link cuse the dam sites in flash. :x

""A New Legend is born when evil shadow is cast over Hyrule. Collectors box includes 1/6 scale Master Replica of Link's Master Sword and Hylian Shield, Certificate of Authenticity signed by the creator of "The Legend of Zelda", and official soundtrack from the game."

They already hit EBAY .:lol:

6c37_1.JPG

27569662_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/3/3/4/5/webimg/27569715_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/3/3/3/4/5/webimg/27569797_o.jpg

27569908_o.jpg

All valid questions. Note the difference between TP's temple 4 cut scene and OoT's ending. At the end of OoT Ganon was banished in the sacred realm. He must have come back somehow and caused some trouble.

As for the temple of time being relocated, note that the whole kingdom's layout was changed. For the Zora kingdom to be north, you would have to rotate OoT's map 90 degrees to the counterclockwise. That would put not Ordona province, but the first temple/6th temple over it. It would also make Karakiro no longer correspond to the island in WW and death mountain would be pretty far off from the WW location. Also, the temple of time was still in Hyrule/Castle City in WW. Do you remember opening the gate to the temple of time? You moved from the real world to somewhere else. What you had in the lost woods was a gate from the woods to the temple of time, which lacks a definite location as of TP. This is probably due to Ganon destroying it in the bridge between MM and TP.

Since there was no reference and no legends about the hero of time, you can safely assume that another game takes place between TP and WW, and then a the failure that led to WW. So, after TP, Ganon should free himself twice. Once to continue the legend that Link became in TP, and one for Link to not return and for Ganon to destroy hyrule, but not the newly rebuilt temple of time.

Ok, so I go to Digipen (Nintendo's college for gaming), and you could say a few of us have played TP quite a bit. The positions of some places in TP Hyrule have been kind of confusing for us, too, but there might be an explanation to it all without the addition of an extra game anywhere.

First, let's get a few postulations down.

A) We are over 100+ years after OoT, so geography is bound to change in subtle ways. Many differences don't really have earth-shattering reasons.

B) Remember that Ganon apparently came back at some point before TP (thus needing to be banished again). This is going to inevitably be a possible explanation for anything.

C) Technically, the game on Wii is running in Mirror Mode, so that has to be taken care of before any explanations are given.

Ok, notice that after de-mirrored, with the exception of Zora's River/Domain, things match up a little better. But we're still off by a bit. Unless you take Ganon into account. At the end of Oot, Hyrule was left relatively untouched. Then, between MM and TP, Ganon returns and begins wreaking havok. Obviously, certain places were destroyed (i.e., Kakariko), but it is also a very real possibility that Ganon destroyed the place responsible for his capture and dethroning in the first place - Hyrule Castle and the surrounding Castle Town. This would explain the derelict condition of the Temple of Time (note: we know it is the same Temple because of the location of the Master Sword chamber. If the "past" temple and the ruins in the grove are placed on top of each other, this is evident.).

Then, why is the current castle and surrounding town so far away, and what about the woods? Simple explanations, as always, yield the best answers. The castle and town are so far away because of migration. After all, if you had lived in the original Castle Town and watched it be decimated by Ganon, wouldn't you want to leave? As for the woods, there is no indication that those are the Lost Woods a la OoT at all. The Forest Temple is merely a happy coincidence; neither the placement nor the layout is in any way related to the original Forest Temple, so they cannot be the same. As for Ordon Village, who's to say a small group of townspeople refused to leave? The original castle town could have easily had forested area around it (remember the small area to the left of the Castle Town in OoT with the hole for a Piece of Heart) that was inaccessable in OoT that, given 100+ years, could have overgrown into the Faron Woods.

The positioning of Kakariko and Death Mountain can be accounted by simple geography; after all, there is no way that Death Mountain was originally so close to Hyrule Castle anyway. The natural expansion of the overworld, therefore, accounts for this. As for Kakariko's appearence, it is possible that everyone just left, probably for the new Castle Town. Without enough villagers to keep the town afloat, it turns to the shambles we see today.

It is also natural for the remaining relics of the Gerudo to be eradicated as well. After all, Ganon WAS a Gerudo. After his second coming (the Hylians wouldn't have remembered his first rule, and so wouldn't have iconoclast-ed the Gerudo then), the Hylians drove off/ killed off the remaning Gerudo (with the possible exception of Telma's family) and destroyed all evidence of their existance, with the exception of the un-destroyable Mirror Chamber/Mirror of Twilight.

This, then, leaves Zora's Domain and Zora's River. Unfortunately, what is known about Hyrule's past does not account for the relocation of the Zoras, and it cannot simply be pawned off as caused by Ganon because even he cannot physically move an entire river system, nor would he need to. Thus, we are left with few possibilities, but possibilities none the less. Either, as with Death Mountain, Zora's River was longer and more winding than was geographically possible in OoT (a shaky and unlikely scenario, at very best), or simply Miyamoto ran out of room on Hyrule's right side and needed to move the Zora's for convenience sake (remember, this is a very likely possibility for ALL of TP Hyrule's differences).

Unfortunately, due to the Zelda series' nature, we'll probably never know for certain, but at least we can still postulate.

If the original Hyrule castle were destroyed and they relocated it further north, it could explain the theories for the first 2 Zelda games that Hyrule was basically picked up and moved north due to Ganon's attacks, but it wouldn't fit in with the timeline very well.

And if you look at the maps, after de-mirroring, you'd see that the relative locations of the temple of time and Ordon village wouldn't allow for Ordon to simply be the remains of Hyrule Castle Town, because there's several miles between them. However, the forest does take on the whole maze-like feel of the Lost Woods and still has a Skullkid acting as the trickster guardian who leads you through it.

You could use the entire region of Hyrule field south of the Castle Town as the Hyrule Field from OoT, with Lon Lon ranch being located around where the hill is located. But, if you did that, then the location of Hyrule Castle would be off to the west in the Wii TP map, which puts it wide opposite of where the Lost Woods were. The biggest thing that makes me think the temple has been relocated to the Lost Woods, is because of the mystery behind it and that it's being guarded by a skullkid, who guarded the Lost Woods.

As for what happened to the fae village that was there, where you start out in OoT, with the death of the great deku tree it was obvious that the village had fallen into ruin just in the time it took you to go from child to adult, so with the additional hundred(s) or more years, it would have probably whithered and died away, leaving nothing behind.

Though, I do find it to be a nice twist that Link makes his home in a hollowed out tree in TP. But I wonder what's in that other home that always seems to be locked, to the left as soon as you get into Ordon Village. o.o

You need to talk to the Zora prince, who's located behind the graveyard in Kakariko village, where you got the Zora armor. He'll give you an earring which you use as a hook that allows you to catch Reekfish.

From there, you go back to Zora's domain, at the bottom of the waterfall, and stand on the ground by the pair of rocks standing out of the water. To actually use the reekfish, you need to catch one, then shift into wolf form and sniff.

You need to talk to the Zora prince, who's located behind the graveyard in Kakariko village, where you got the Zora armor. He'll give you an earring which you use as a hook that allows you to catch Reekfish.

From there, you go back to Zora's domain, at the bottom of the waterfall, and stand on the ground by the pair of rocks standing out of the water. To actually use the reekfish, you need to catch one, then shift into wolf form and sniff.

Ahh! I never thought to sniff it

Response to complaints and stuff.
A diving minigame could mean anything. I was thinking like zelda 64 where you jump off the top of the waterfall and have a set time limit to collect rupies or something ;) You can revisit goat herding? I've gone back there dozens of times and the guy just keeps telling me to look after the kids ;). I'm glad you liked all of the music. I've gotten everything in the game except a couple pieces of heart. I agree the cave of ordeals was fun/difficult, but you can't really say the game wasn't easy just because of one difficult non-required side quest ;).

I will tell you that there's really no direct link to either Ocarina or Wind Waker that I could see.

What? It makes plenty of mythological references to OoT, including the same Temple of Time. It's just that this game takes place way after OoT, so the connections are more subtle.

Also, it's not meant to tie into Wind Waker directly. Injin posted a video awhile ago that theorizes on the overall Zelda timeline (released before Twilight Princess was out) that pretty much nails everything dead-on.

Exactly. That was my point. There are references there, but as far as tying the series together so that the timeline is more complete (as megadave asked), it doesn't. That's why I said there's no direct link. It is subtle, allowing this game to be played by people even if they're not familiar with the other games. Heck, I even saw a couple LttP references in there, but it doesn't really tie the series together.

Stumped on a heart piece...

Fortune teller shows me a room with about 16 of the small spiders with larger white abdomen (butt part) and about five spiders with one eye that walk about like tarantulas (red with blue abdomen). The room is roundish with yellow bricks, kind of castle/dungeon like. There are openings on the left and right side of the room I could hop up into, with torches above each. In center, theres a staircase with a divider. It looks like Arbiter's ground, but I know its not in there.

Sorry for the excruciating detail, I'm just stumped as hell. =|

Fortune teller shows me a room with about 16 of the small spiders with larger white abdomen (butt part) and about five spiders with one eye that walk about like tarantulas (red with blue abdomen). The room is roundish with yellow bricks, kind of castle/dungeon like. There are openings on the left and right side of the room I could hop up into, with torches above each. In center, theres a staircase with a divider. It looks like Arbiter's ground, but I know its not in there.

It's in the Temple of Time. Was my last heart piece, too. What you need is the Rod of Dominion to move one of the statue pots at the back of the left ridge onto a button located at the bottom of the slope where it'll drop. Then you need to toss another statue pot to the ridge on the other side and do the same thing there, then the chest you need will show up.

I thought it was the Arbiter's Grounds too, but then I looked around some more. :)

It's in the Temple of Time. Was my last heart piece, too. What you need is the Rod of Dominion to move one of the statue pots at the back of the left ridge onto a button located at the bottom of the slope where it'll drop. Then you need to toss another statue pot to the ridge on the other side and do the same thing there, then the chest you need will show up.

I thought it was the Arbiter's Grounds too, but then I looked around some more. :)

Yup, that was it. I apparently forgot to get the compass, so when I ran back, I assumed I just got all the chests. Thanks!

I don't see why they had to mirror the Wii version. Every time you use an aiming weapon, the camera moves to a closer third person view, instead of in their heads. It would work perfectly fine if he was left handed. The sword swinging wouldn't tick me off, neither.

I'm not saying I don't like the mirror. It just seems unnecessary.

I don't see why they had to mirror the Wii version. Every time you use an aiming weapon, the camera moves to a closer third person view, instead of in their heads. It would work perfectly fine if he was left handed. The sword swinging wouldn't tick me off, neither.

I'm not saying I don't like the mirror. It just seems unnecessary.

Agreed. I'd rather have it all un-mirrored, so the map is proper and canon.

WTF still talking about the mirroring?

How it can bother anyone confuses me. If no one told you the game was mirrored, I doubt you guys would have cared. The game is still the same, instead of left, you turn right. OMFG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!

Such a stupid thing to complain about.

Anyways, I finally had time to play so I beat the 6th dungeon today and currently am at the 7th one. This game is so awesome. I can waste 2 hours just running around Hyrule and exploring. I just wish the

clawshot could hook on to most wooden things' date=' like in OOT. [/color']

As a californian, who is much closer to japan than most americans, this game ROCKS THE HOUSE!!! I just beat it this morning and, i'm not exaggerating this, but this game is the longest Zelda game in the whole series. At my last save of the game it was like at 35:06-36:06 or something like that. Defenitely the must own game for the nintendo WII

Response to complaints and stuff.
A diving minigame could mean anything. I was thinking like zelda 64 where you jump off the top of the waterfall and have a set time limit to collect rupies or something ;) You can revisit goat herding? I've gone back there dozens of times and the guy just keeps telling me to look after the kids ;). I'm glad you liked all of the music. I've gotten everything in the game except a couple pieces of heart. I agree the cave of ordeals was fun/difficult, but you can't really say the game wasn't easy just because of one difficult non-required side quest ;).
Honestly, I'm happier with the river-ride bottle shooting mini-game and river flight balloon popping mini-games. Diving was always kind of a crappy mini-game, but I DO wish fishing played a larger part in the game. It's actually kind of fun once you get into lure fishing. You need to be on Epona when you talk to the guy to play the goat game, and I never said the game wasn't easy simply because of the Cave of Ordeals; I was simply stating that it was the most difficult part of the game.

There were plenty of fun things to do in the game anyway, and, honestly, I liked these mini-games more than a lot of the previous ones (however, I did enjoy that mini-game shop in Majora's Mask where you beat one each day for a heart piece). This game could've used more archery mini-games.

As a californian, who is much closer to japan than most americans, this game ROCKS THE HOUSE!!! I just beat it this morning and, i'm not exaggerating this, but this game is the longest Zelda game in the whole series. At my last save of the game it was like at 35:06-36:06 or something like that. Defenitely the must own game for the nintendo WII

k.

EDIT: Hey, tcrpg person, could I suggest removing that quote from your sig? I enjoyed it as well, but it's a pretty big spoiler, simply because of its source.

Main quest = Beaten. 35 hours spent. The 2 heavily armored knights (iron knuckles?) at once were significantly harder than all of the "final" bosses combined. Speaking of the final bosses ... they were pretty much a joke. Beat them all on my first attempt with no fairies or elixir or anything (Used them on the iron knuckles)

A few things that have been talked about that I haven't gotten ... Magic armor? Cave of ordeals? Is that kind of like the hole in wind waker?

Also I only have 23 poes, like 5 bugs, and 12 hearts in my life. Hmmm.

I hated the city in the sky

EDIT: Hey, tcrpg person, could I suggest removing that quote from your sig? I enjoyed it as well, but it's a pretty big spoiler, simply because of its source.
I whole heartedly agree. I haven't beaten the game yet, and I would have preferred to have avoided that quote until such time as I had actually encountered it in-game.

EDIT:

I hated the city in the sky
I just beat that one. It freaked me out... Mainly because, if I was doing that in real life, I guarantee I'd screw up, and die a prolonged (but swift, once the time comes) death. I really enjoyed the boss battle though. That was pretty cool. Mouser X out.