The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

yes' date=' creative things. best Zelda game ever. no octorocks, yes, i can live with that.

but it doesn't look like they were creative enough to make good enough dungeon music. and don't you dare try saying otherwise, that's the ONLY bad thing about this game.[/quote']

Truth is, there are lots of things that could have been better with this game. The dungeone music was... ambiant. And except dungeon 7, it was not invasive or annoying. Plus there were some good musical moments, especially the statue hoping puzzle's music. If you paid enough attention, you know what I mean.

i do not disagree with the music being good. For example, the Hyrule Field, IMO, is some of the best music in the series.

But as it stands, the dungeon music, all of it, blew. Ambient, yes, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they really skimped on the tunes. You're just making excuses. I was hoping we were going to get amazing tunage - OOT's dungeons and their music were some of the best in the series.

And there was a *slight* trading game - if you count how to get the Magic Armor.

But as it stands' date=' the dungeon music, all of it, blew. Ambient, yes, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they really skimped on the tunes. [b']You're just making excuses. I was hoping we were going to get amazing tunage - OOT's dungeons and their music were some of the best in the series.

Just making excuses..? So, if someone feels that the dungeon music was appropriate in Twilight Princess they'd be wrong because it didn't live up to your expectations?

I agree that the dungeon music isn't very memorable... but I'm not sure that it "blew". Like Radical Dreamer said, "it was not invasive or annoying." It sets a mood and creates an atmosphere. In that way, I think the music was exactly what it should be.

But as it stands' date=' the dungeon music, all of it, blew. Ambient, yes, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they really skimped on the tunes. [b']You're just making excuses. I was hoping we were going to get amazing tunage - OOT's dungeons and their music were some of the best in the series.

Just making excuses..? So, if someone feels that the dungeon music was appropriate in Twilight Princess they'd be wrong because it didn't live up to your expectations?

I agree that the dungeon music isn't very memorable... but I'm not sure that it "blew". Like Radical Dreamer said, "it was not invasive or annoying." It sets a mood and creates an atmosphere. In that way, I think the music was exactly what it should be.

As for the 'non-dungeons' I don't really like how they just took the same music from OoT, like Zora's Domain, Lost Woods, the inside of a house...but NOT Gerudo Valley.

As for the 'non-dungeons' I don't really like how they just took the same music from OoT, like Zora's Domain, Lost Woods, the inside of a house...but NOT Gerudo Valley.

Maybe the development team took note of how many remixes there are of the OoT Gerudo Valley theme and didn't want to encourage another generation of them. :D

That's because it's not valley. :roll:

Hurrrrrr and there's no Kokiri Forest but they use the songs for when you're inside a building there.

Maybe the development team took note of how many remixes there are of the OoT Gerudo Valley theme and didn't want to encourage another generation of them. :D

Plus they gave us an even more amazing song in the village of the 20 kitties...

I'm not going to browse through 52 pages' date=' but, for the FIRST TIME EVER...

I really hope you're sitting down for this.....

there are no Octoroks in this game!!!!

I repeat, NO OCTOROKS IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS!

8O8O8O8O8O8O8O8O8O

(edit - i had to spell octorok right for fear of gannon-banning.)[/quote']

Actually, there ARE Octoroks! But nowhere you'd actually run into them without seriously searching.

In the Lake Hylia region, once you can transform into a wolf at will, there's a place you can dig on your way to the giant lookout tower, that contains 6 Octoroks!

Actually, there ARE Octoroks! But nowhere you'd actually run into them without seriously searching.
In the Lake Hylia region, once you can transform into a wolf at will, there's a place you can dig on your way to the giant lookout tower, that contains 6 Octoroks!

I'd consider those something new, actually.

They ain't octopi.

Wait, TP has all these songs IN REMIXES?

Fucking awesome.

A little comment on the people trying to figure out where TP comes in the whole time-line...

In the Fishing Hole shop, look at the left-most picture on the wall. The lady there will tell you that it's her ancestor, a legendary fisherman. Anyone that played the fishing game in OoT should recognize him as the guy from OoT's fishing spot.

But then, she says that she's only says he's an ancestor, and it wishing thinking on her part. Nice of the writers to goof around like that.

You wanna know what? I in all honesty LOVED this game, but now that I think about it it still doesn't stack up against OoT. This is for a few simple reasons (I don't think there are any spoilers but I'll white it anyway)

One: OoT is much tougher...TP was WAY TOO EASY (I never used a single fairy).

Two: OoT had a better ending. PERIOD

Three: Controlling in TP was annoying. By that I mean swinging the sword was annoying as well as that stupid noise that came out of the controller EVERY TIME (of course this can be fixed in the GCN version, which I'm sure will control like OoT).

So yea...don't get me wrong. TP was one heck of a game. I give it a 9.3 or thereabouts.

Funny thing.. Hit the Home button and turn off the remote audio.

Then go into the game menu and disable the cursor.

There ya go, you have the GC version, only mirrored, and the only major difference is that you wiggle your wrist to attack.

First off I LOVE the cursor. Second off I LOVE a lot of the sounds, just not the sword one. And wiggling my wrist to attack is SO ANNOYING.

Funny thing.. Hit the Home button and turn off the remote audio.

Then go into the game menu and disable the cursor.

There ya go, you have the GC version, only mirrored, and the only major difference is that you wiggle your wrist to attack.

First off I LOVE the cursor. Second off I LOVE a lot of the sounds, just not the sword one. And wiggling my wrist to attack is SO ANNOYING.

It's just like masturbation! How can it be annoying? :P

It wasn't so much as me getting tired. I would swing my arm like a sword and that was all well and good..for a few hours. I really just didn't feel like swing my arm around after that. I ended up just wiggling it a bit when I wanted to keep slicing. It didn't feel natural at all. It just felt dumb. I'd much rather just press a button.