The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

CE

Beat Zelda in 49 hours with around half the sidequests. :D
What's worse is that the character animations and other cut-scene stuff is done so well, it would be near perfect with voice acting...

Regardless, I did not expect Twilight Princess to be this damn good. What a pleasant surprise.

The only problem with VA is if its done poorly, as it often is in English localisations, it can kill a game. However, games like Dragon Quest VIII and Final Fantasy XII have proved to have excellent VA.

Looking back I still think any sort of voice acting would have hurt the game. Why? Think of any game similar to Zelda that has voice acting and tell me its a better game.

Beyond Good and Evil. Highlighted the emotion in the story; probably the best use of voice acting in a game I've ever heard.

Although, the absence of VA in itself does hurt the game too. Perhaps if all the characters (but Link of course) spoke a sort expressive gibberish. I really liked the gibberish Midna spoke after all. Evolving that seems like the logical next step.

No... Midna's made-up language enforced the idea that she is alien to the world of light. Her appearance, her origins, all that is held together by her strange language. To use that for everyone else would detract from Midna's character overall and lessen her appeal and impact.

Although, the absence of VA in itself does hurt the game too. Perhaps if all the characters (but Link of course) spoke a sort expressive gibberish. I really liked the gibberish Midna spoke after all. Evolving that seems like the logical next step.

No... Midna's made-up language enforced the idea that she is alien to the world of light. Her appearance, her origins, all that is held together by her strange language. To use that for everyone else would detract from Midna's character overall and lessen her appeal and impact.

I think it'd have been better if they made Midna's language a bit more expressive. All the expression was in her body language(anyone else think the mocap for this game has to be some of the best, EVER? Seriously, no one really looks like they're walking stiff or unnaturally). If she had some actual growls when talking about how much she hates the guy, or have the tone lighten up when she's surprised or happy, it would have fleshed her out to an insane amount.

I think it'd have been better if they made Midna's language a bit more expressive. All the expression was in her body language(anyone else think the mocap for this game has to be some of the best, EVER? Seriously, no one really looks like they're walking stiff or unnaturally). If she had some actual growls when talking about how much she hates the guy, or have the tone lighten up when she's surprised or happy, it would have fleshed her out to an insane amount.

I haven't played the game (but have followed this thread for a while now) - is Midna's gibberish generated in real time (a la Banjo Kazooie), or is it all prerecorded - I mean like someone actually speaking the language into a mic?

I haven't played the game (but have followed this thread for a while now) - is Midna's gibberish generated in real time (a la Banjo Kazooie), or is it all prerecorded - I mean like someone actually speaking the language into a mic?

It's not a person speaking into a mic, but not really generated in real time either. She doesn't talk as the whole message plays out. It is extremely well done, however.

I loved the fact that the story was told through body language rather than voice acting. The sounds each character make allow you to flesh out their personality yourself. I like that, but then, I have an active imagination. Some people want their story and their dialogue spoon fed to them. Zelda has always been about telling the story not through cut scenes, but letting it play out the the back ground, allowing you to oncover it as you move around, similar to Half Life.

The fact they both feature a silent protagnist also reinforces this.

I beat the game a while ago. It took me 45 hours and another 15 hours to get all the heart pieces, poe souls, golden bugs, bottles and upgrades.

Next, I suppose I could get the rupees I couldn't keep from the dungeons and play the mini-games. Other than that, I can't think of much else to do. This game is so awesome all around, especially the fishing.

So if I get the Gamecube version, I won't be disappointed at all right? Because I am buying in less than two days. I can't wait.

Not in the slightest. It's every bit as good as the Wii version. You also won't have to bother with wiggling your hand to make Link attack which is kind of a bonus.

So if I get the Gamecube version, I won't be disappointed at all right? Because I am buying in less than two days. I can't wait.

Not in the slightest. It's every bit as good as the Wii version. You also won't have to bother with wiggling your hand to make Link attack which is kind of a bonus.

+ camera control AS A FREE BONUS! :D

No onscreen aiming though. :(

Also, Zelda GC numbers are VERY limited. Be crafty.

+ camera control AS A FREE BONUS! :D

No onscreen aiming though. :(

Also, Zelda GC numbers are VERY limited. Be crafty.

WHAT? LIMITED? CRAP! :? I doubt many people will get it at midnight...sike.

So.. the GC version have the same HDR lighting effects? Try taking a look at the sun, and tell me if it makes the rest of the scene go incredibly dark, or if it's just happy to show it all the same way?

Plus, you know.. light-based blur in pretty much everything you see, during the day.

Everything around gets dark, and there is much HDR lighting, at least in the village where I am. Not as bright as Oblivion's HDR, but it's pretty bright. And very pretty. :D