OCR00184 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Indian Ragga"

m68030

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 'Indian Ragga'

Yoshi's Island was a pretty bizarre game... The sitar lead in this track

sounds wonderful and a great blend with the other instruments filling in

the rest of the sonic spectrum. Reminds me of something from Spyro

the Dragon for some reason. That game had some excellent music.

• 1 month later...

You need to download this NOW.

I can't believe it only has one review...

For some reason this reminds me of a couple beatles songs- Norwegian Wood and Obla Di Obla Da- both of which I love. There's a tremendous amount of talent in there.

The instrumentals are dead on... man... I am in love with a song. :¬)

Thank you, McVaffe. Your works make me very happy.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I can't believe this is only mix 184. The sounds on this are GREAT.

I've always loved YI, and this mix is totally awesome. Perfect style adaption. Everything works wonderfully. The percussion is great, the bass line is kickin', and the sitar/flute combo on the melody works very well. Not much more I can say on this. Recommended.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ahh, Yoshi's Island. I enjoyed it even more than Super Mario World. It was bigger, deeper, more varied, better looking and had better music to boot. In my opinion obviously, I know how much of a following SMW has.

This is probably one of the first McVaffe mixes I ever heard, and I remember being very impressed with it all that time ago. Nowadays, I only hear the original midi updated in production and its tropical flavour transplanted with an Indian one. Not that it is a terrible combination; things sound swell, especially given its age. However, McVaffe showed his true brilliance covering the same source with CrystallineCaverns. The details and quality of arrangement from that mix is lacking here (understandably; they were years apart).

Regardless of my thoughts of it now, this mix is one of my most listened to ever since I've had it for about 7 years. That must count for something. At the very least, it's well-done cover. But that's about all for me.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

DJP: Mario-Dhalsim Intercontinental Boogie

Sounds about right. Just like the rest of the game, this has some pretty nice beats that seem to be on the fine line of energetic and relaxing. I can honestly say that I was surprised with how well this was considering the original didn't seem that great.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00184 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island "Indian Ragga"