Metal Gear Solid Movie Announcement!

Dyne

I just happen to catch this article while looking at AnimeNation.com. Apparently, according to this Varity article, an agreement between producer Michael DeLuca and Sony Pictures has finally been solidified to give the go ahead for an MGS movie. The good news is, Hideo Kojima, according to the article, will be executive producer. The better news, as of right now, Uwe Boll has NOT been mentioned as part of the project. So we are free of the Uwe for now.

So, what're your opinions on an MGS movie? Good, bad, indifferent?

Well the producer has been on a variety of projects (Dark City, Blow, Thirteen Days, Boogie Nights, Ghost Rider, Zathura, Blade II and many more) so this could definitely go either way. I think this has the best chance of being good because MGS itself is very cinematic and could easily translate onto film. As long as they don't restrict CODEC moments to just the talking head portraits.

So, who should play Snake? I say Hugh Jackman. This guy is a great actor, action star, bad ass, and with some costume design and makeup, he can look like Snake.

So, who should play Snake? I say Hugh Jackman. This guy is a great actor, action star, bad ass, and with some costume design and makeup, he can look like Snake.

I have been saying that for years. Hugh's whole onscreen personallity in almost every movie has Snake written allover.

It better not suck. I've been thinking about this for a while and if it does come out, it better win some shit. This is like Sony's best franchise out there.

But then again there already has been a MGS like movie. If anybody could remember "Escape from New York". Huh huh? Snake Plissken played by Kurl Russell. There was our early Snake. But then again it was one of Hideo Kojima's favorite films so uh..it's all good! That's what inspired him to do Metal Gear. So uh once again...it's all good!

It better not suck. I've been thinking about this for a while and if it does come out, it better win some shit. This is like Sony's best franchise out there.

But then again there already has been a MGS like movie. If anybody could remember "Escape from New York". Huh huh? Snake Plissken played by Kurl Russell. There was our early Snake. But then again it was one of Hideo Kojima's favorite films so uh..it's all good! That's what inspired him to do Metal Gear. So uh once again...it's all good!

Yeah, as long as this doesn't become Escape from New York 2.

Or Kojima's in for a world of ouch. :(

Kojima already said Boll will be nowhere near a MGS film. :)

I'm stoked about this. I love metal gear so much.... with Kojima involved it can be great.

Or... even with Kojima involved it could still be ass.

There's a problem when brilliant men from one medium attempt to create in another. Their brilliance does not always translate.

It would be best not get your hopes up.

Or... even with Kojima involved it could still be ass.

There's a problem when brilliant men from one medium attempt to create in another. Their brilliance does not always translate.

It would be best not get your hopes up.

You see, I originally thought that, too, but Kojima's games are so movie-like to begin with, I would think the translation would be (to some degree) much easier. At least in artistic vision. It's not like Picasso's trying to become a conductor, more like he's switching the paints he's using.

The issue I see would be if Kojima had to work with the equipment or treated himself as the "audience" rather than the camera. I would hope that he would have a very comfortable seat in front of the playback monitor.

As exec producer, he should.

Well the producer has been on a variety of projects (Dark City, Blow, Thirteen Days, Boogie Nights, Ghost Rider, Zathura, Blade II and many more) so this could definitely go either way. I think this has the best chance of being good because MGS itself is very cinematic and could easily translate onto film. As long as they don't restrict CODEC moments to just the talking head portraits.

Agreed.

I think they might have to tone down the fantastic elements (vampires in F4's, anyone?) but otherwise this has a decent chance of not sucking. 'Bout damned time.