The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

welcome, and i one-up you with an Ume's Lament. :D

There's a story behind our names. I'm about to be 20 now and Philippe is 22.

We first talked when I was 12 and he was 14, on Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.

We first met in real life 7 years later (it's a crazy story since he lives far)

Because we realized a passion for both music and video games.

To date we remixed two songs : Battletoads and Double Dragon : Stage 1

And Megaman X : Storm Eagle.

We will send them soon.

There's a story behind our names. I'm about to be 20 now and Philippe is 22.

We first talked when I was 12 and he was 14, on Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.

We first met in real life 7 years later (it's a crazy story since he lives far)

Because we realized a passion for both music and video games.

To date we remixed two songs : Battletoads and Double Dragon : Stage 1

And Megaman X : Storm Eagle.

We will send them soon.

I've run into some people from D2 (even a few québécois).. but in my online gaming history I don't have any stories nearly as great as that one.

+2 necromancer skills to you.

Hello all, I've been on this site somewhat frequently the last year or so and after checking out Chaos Project here and been blown away by the potential of Video Game Remix music (seriously, that album kicks so much ass), I thought I'd check out the forums. I would really like to have a go at remixing myself but I really need to get money for some decent gear so I can then in turn build my compositional skills properly. I also play guitar, bass, piano yada yada no-one cares. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Alex (Doc Nano), my name stemming from the fact that I do research in nanotechnology. It probably sounds cooler than it is, but I have to admit I do love my work! Other than science, my passions are linguistics/language and music, game music being a large part of the latter.

I'm a long-time downloader and, after recently getting a decent synth, am only just now getting into making remixes of my own. Actually, I hadn't checked the site regularly in a few years, and I'm very impressed with how the remixes have matured.

Anyway, I'm interested in collaborating with anyone who needs compositional or piano/keyboard skills. I'd also like to team up with a vocalist at some point (got some ideas brewing), but come to think of it perhaps there's another place in the forums for this...

I'm an old school gamer, started out on atari, c64 and amiga. I actually started programming when I was only six years old but its always just been a hobby of mine.

I used to contribute to the c64 cracktro/intro/demo scene as well. I used to go by the scene name CodeD and CodeD64.

I've been DJing at clubs and mobile gigs since 2000 in Hawaii and have been steadily and working on my production skills as well. I currently use Acid, FL Studio and Ableton Live to produce and I'm a VST junky as well. I'll be back in Oahu later this year.

I make my own original music as well as remixes/mashes mostly in electronica, techno, trance, house, breakbeat and industrial.

Lately, I've also been working on new original chiptunes using MadTracker, an old school tracker with new school functionality.

I still love old school video games and still play a lot of NES. IRL I'm a TV/Radio Reporter & Producer. Music, DJing and Programming are hobbies for me.

All my life people told me I should have pursued a Computer Science degree but I do it for fun and wouldn't want to make a job out of it and end up with a menial programming job or at the mercy of the fickle video game industry.

You can check out a few of my recent tunes here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/djcolletta

Edited by CodeD64

Hello. Im a 30-something year old bloke living in the North East of the England.

Im a Bedroom DJ who uses Serato Scratch so I can mix MP3's off my PC with my decks.

Done a couple of 8-bit/chiptune dj mixes for my YouTube channel. Downloaded a load of songs from OCRemix and was staggered by the quality. Top notch stuff :0)

Intend to get round to trying my hand at doing my own remix but it's just one of the many things on my "to do" list.

I'm dan. i've been composing and arranging for a few years now. i've been a member here for a while but i haven't really posted much on here until now. i started working on terra's theme from final fantasy vi and am having a lot of fun with it (you can here it in the work-in-progress section) but yeah. i have experience with collaborations also.

i use reaper and i love it, along with garritan personal orchestra, edirol orchestral, and native instruments massive synth mainly.

nice to meet everyone 8-)

Hello, I'm Yoder. Nice to meet you all finally. I've lurked around this site for about 7 years now, and I decided it was about time I joined the community. I can't promise I'll be too active (especially since I'm not a remixer) but I'll be around when I can be.

Musical Proficiency:

Voice (Male)

Piano

Handbells

Handchimes

I also have a good grasp of music theory.

Hello, My name is Daniel, and I am a newbie. I've been playing musical instruments since I was 4 (God, I loved that piano...), and games since I was 5.

SNES and N64 forever, though I love Metal Gear Solid. I'm working on my first remix (yay), and I hope I can create one that suits the quality of OCR.

Edited by DMaster

im jacob, ive been playing games for years (probably 10) and so i have heard many great tunes, my friend showed me a final boss ocr tune for chrono trigger and i just found it to be amazing, so i found out that it was from this site, and i have been checking out songs for quite a while, im interested in remixing, but my first few pieces may...suck, but i shall give it a try, nice to meet you guys :razz:

people were listing musical proficiency so i will too, well i play piano, some guitar, handbells, and violin

Edited by RegicideX
following the example of others

Hi there! Had an account here a while ago but decided to start anew and see where the tide would bring me. Definitely hope to listen to some good music from some very talented musicians. :nicework: And check out these awesome smilies! Oh soooo good

Hey, just dropping in to introduce myself...I've known about this site for the longest time, like in the back of my head, but I never actually used it. My brother use to bring out his ipod to show me remixs of VG music from musicians from time to time(long time ago), but I was busy doing my own thing, especially with music.

At some point, I got a request from someone to make my rendition of a sonic the hedgehog song, and since then; as far as music is concerned, I have further plunged into my gaming side of myself when it comes to the music in the game.

My mixes range from NES to Genesis, even to current gaming consoles.

When I take a break from my original music, I'd make my version, and share it with my circle of gamer friends. I have a lot now, and they aren't doing anything else on my harddrive, so as soon as I can figure out the submission process, I'll start submitting tracks, see what people think on my mixed versions.

see you guys around. Peace

Edited by Tekyo

echo "Hello world!"

So yeah, hello everyone. I'm nub to the forums, but I've been a frequenter of OCR for a long time. Props to JJT for "Enter the Frog", as it is the song that originally drew me into this site. I know comments on remixes are supposed to be detailed and all, but I'm not really an authority on this topic (yet?).

I'm looking forward to posting and whatnot, it's been a while since I've seen an active board that I was interested in. My initial thought is to start learning about remixing, but I don't even play any instruments. Which brings me to my first question: There are a number of tutorials out there, where should I start?

And of course, thanks to everyone for sharing your talents and skills with me and my friends. Jamming OCR has never let us down!

one of the ones that did the same for me, i like it a lot

Automated phone: Hello, and welcome to the Springfield Police Department "Rescue Phone"! If you know the name of the felony being committed, press 1. To choose from a list of felonies, press 2. If you are being murdered, or are calling from a rotary phone, please stay on the line.(Bart presses four numbers on the phone) You have chosen- "regicide!" If you know the name of the King or Queen being murdered, press 1.(Bart hangs up)

couldn't resist to welcome you with a simpson quote :)

Sweet! Thanks!

I had snooped around and found a guide that helped someone get started with mixing without spending any money (obviously if I dig it I'll have to invest). I can't find it anymore! Also, do I need to have some sort of instrumental talent to even consider, or does my quad-core suffice?

What's up OCR forum, I've just registered here and hoping to be uploading some remixes soon..............once i figure out how.

Anyway, im Lee, you can check out my stuff at

http://screwattack.com/shows/Video-Game-Music-Cover

or

http://www.youtube.com/user/duffy123123

I mainly play guitar, but I'm into drum programing and trying to get into orchestration.

hi to all the ocr folks out there, havent posted anything on the forums before mainly cos im rubbish at this sort of thing, and i dont make music i just listen to it (though big respect to all the artists that have added their music to the site, ive been listening for nearly two years now!)

Im a budding illustrator, an have been meaning to enter something in the fan art competitons for a while now i just never seem to have the spare time, though heres hoping i will soon.

You can check out some of my work at: http://www.danjisdesigns.co.uk/index3.html