OCR-Tan

DarkeSword

Great! Thanks, everyone! We still have three more!

So far we've got:

Queue Tortoise

Flaming Bull (name by friendlyHunter)

Lawless Hyena

Midi-rip Chimpanzee

Plagiarizing Platypus (idea by Harmonious Dissonance, name by Binjovi)

???

???

???

Also, I met someone on another forum who tried to do that. Granted, the track was off of Hedgehog Heaven, but still. Called him on it, and the track was removed. ^_^

If you're going for a Mega Man X type game, you should stick with animal robots as the bosses. That's why we were using Queue Tortoise (tortoises being typically seen as slow animals).

How about Midi-rip Chimpanzee (monkey see, monkey do), or Trolling Vulture? Perhaps a judge-hating hyena as well. Iconic animals also make designing the bad guys a lot easier.

Well we've had some doozies in the later X games (Infinity Mijinion, anyone?) so I figured Roast Troll would be good. Although I just realized that sounds like some sort of meal...

Midi Chimp or sounds good (keep it short; the longest we had in SNES was Boomer Kuwanger I think; wait, what's a kuwanger?) Lawless Hyena? Since I can't think of a term that means judge-hating... but we could use a hyena...

Come to think of it, Midi-rip Chimpanzee does sound good... Nice! Any other ideas?

YAY! Hope this game gets finished ^__^

Haha, I typed up most of a post, but then got sidetracked and Bean posted most of what I was going to say =p Here's my post anyway:

I like Queue Tortoise and Plagiarizing Platypus, but for the rest there must be some references I'm missing.

What is "shredder"? (Is it midi software or something? If it's referential to guitar shredding- OH now I get it, midi rip... rip, shred... ahh nevermind)

Why "Roast" instead of "Flame"? Roast has another meaning that's associated with... roasts.

Lawless Renegade makes sense, but it doesn't sound like a Maverick name to me since "Lawless" is an adjective and "Renegade" isn't an animal =p

Not that I have any better name ideas though :nicework:

Actually I might as well try and come up with a few...

Midi Mockingbird?

...Flaming Bull?

Also, I think the role of Sigma will be played by the music executive.

Awesooome!!! The image of Sigma in a suit and tie is just too cool :3

As for the remaining mavericks... there should probably be one for people who "don't like" vg music or remixes because they're vg music or remixes, even if they really like the songs themselves before they find out they're vg music. Prejudge Sheep? Hmmmm... something Sheep...

[fake edit]

Midi-rip Chimp! I love it =D

Not sure on the name. Most of the original mavericks had pretty simple designations. Sting, storm, flame, launch, etc.. We should probably try to keep the names as simple as we can.

I wanted to mention that the reason I said Trolling Vulture earlier, is because I already worked on a few designs at one point for him. :razz: I decided to go ahead and do a quick sketch of what I came up with:

VultureReploid.png

It should also be noted that I actually designed Queue Tortoise and did a base sprite for him. I'll have to dig that out again....

I see. Thanks! All help is appreciated! I know they had simple designations, but I couldn't come up with anything that would relate to bandwidth costs except that, which literally means bandwidth costs. I think... Trolling Vulture is good though... nice...

This is how the list stands so far...

Mavericks/Auralmisos

Queue Tortoise

Trolling Vulture

Lawless Hyena

Midi-rip Chimpanzee

Plagiarizing Platypus (idea by Harmonious Dissonance, name by Binjovi)

Baudline Badger

???

???

Allies

YES-kun

NO-kun

Villain

Mr. Amgis (I don't know... but it'll obviously be Sigma)

Also, this is probably gonna end up being a free game... Is all this good with everyone?