DarkeSword

Those are nice pics... Ahem.

Allies

1-Tan

2-Tan

3-Tan

YES-kun

NO-kun

Mavericks/Auralmisos (Stage)(Weapon: Effect)

Queue Tortoise (Courthouse)(Tortoise Breakdown: Slows time)

Trolling Vulture (Old City Warzone)(Vulture Shreddage: Fire effect)

Lawless Hyena (City Outskirts)(???)

Midi-rip Chimpanzee (Construction Site)(Chiptune Callback: ???)

Plagiarizing Platypus (Carnival)(Subtle Tribute: ???)

Baudline Badger (Downtown)(???)

Multiplying Spambot (Sewers)(Copying Solo: Like Copy Vision from Rockman & Forte)

Idler Mantis (Park)(???)

Skyscraper Bosses

Schalasaurus

???

???

Villain

Mr. Amgis

Gameplay Style

4-Tan shreds some riffs, the longer the solo, the more the charge shot, and fires sonic waves. As she defeats the bosses, she gains special pedals with various effects, which let her use the power of the bosses she's defeated. The other Tans have similar attack styles; 1-Tan uses drums, and thus gets special drumsticks. 2-Tan uses a keyboard, and gets special effects. 3-Tan uses a bass guitar, thus her attack style is the same as 4-Tan's.

I need ideas for stages, and music would be nice as well!

So uhhh..... OCAD-Tan maybe?

:3

I would have way too much fun with that.

Initially, the idea was for the game to take place in OCR as if it were a city. Each separate facet of the site (including forum sections) would be represented as some zone/section of the city. Trolling Vulture would probably hang out in PPR, a hellish war zone with burning churches and crumbled buildings. Queue Tortoise, in order to more effectively slow down the queue, spends his time in the Judges' Decisions section which would be represented as a sort of city hall/courthouse. Midi-Rip Chimp would most likely be in the WIP forums represented as a construction site. Baudline Badger may be on the main page taking the form of a bustling downtown area with a lot of billboards, shops, and cars.

Community Discussion is a park, or other recreational area. Off Topic might be the sewers, or possibly a landfill. Competitions could be a carnival. Help and Newbies might be represented as a major port with ships full of new citizens coming in. There are tons of other things these places could be, but this should be more than plenty to start with.

Music should be all original. That way we can have an OverClocked ReMix of a song from an OverClocked game. =P

Well, the other Tans will be there to help out in story scenes and such, or something, so that should work out. So YES-kun and NO-kun first, and then OCAD-Tan.

New ideas for characters: YES-kun and NO-kun. Personifications of the decisions the judges render, they are your standard shounen manga BlueOniRedOni pair. YES-kun is the blue one, a beatific, stylish cool customer who appreciates fine art, and NO-kun is the red one, a hot-blooded fellow who destroys submissions with maniacal glee. Both wield oversized gavels, signifying their affiliation with the shadowy Judges Panel.

For ease, I quoted your description post, Shariq. ^_^ Seeing as it was several pages back now...

We were sorta thinking she could look like the Tron 2 girl, only her neons were the same color as our logo's and she had super-nerd glasses on.

She uses a mouse and gamepad nunchuck.

I'll try doodling some stuff up, maybe.

Also, before I hit the hay, here's another preview of my progress:

OCRTanJRPGWIP3.png

1's still giving me trouble. I'll probably end up redrawing her entirely.

Those are nice pics... Ahem.

Allies

1-Tan

2-Tan

3-Tan

YES-kun

NO-kun

Multiplying Spambot (Sewers)(Copying Solo: Like Copy Vision from Rockman & Forte)

Idler Mantis (Park)(???)

Skyscraper Bosses

Schalasaurus

???

???

Villain

Mr. Amgis

Gameplay Style

4-Tan shreds some riffs, the longer the solo, the more the charge shot, and fires sonic waves. As she defeats the bosses, she gains special pedals with various effects, which let her use the power of the bosses she's defeated. The other Tans have similar attack styles; 1-Tan uses drums, and thus gets special drumsticks. 2-Tan uses a keyboard, and gets special effects. 3-Tan uses a bass guitar, thus her attack style is the same as 4-Tan's.

Mkay, let's see what suggestions I can contribute.

Skyscraper Boss ideas:

Ice CapTain

Terrar

Overworld King (take your pick of which game's overworld, although I was thinking Super Mario Bros. since it's been done a lot)

Vampire Hunter (Castlevania pun, and a really bad one at that)

Stage ideas:

Community -> Suburbs/Strip mall

Music Comp and Production -> Factory

??? (Maybe one of the workshop sections?) -> Stadium

??? -> Airport

??? -> City Dump

??? -> City Reservoir

Also, as far as mavericks, maybe Idler Mantis's effect is to freeze time for you - like a far worse version of Queue Tortoise. You could have Plagiarizing Platypus's Subtle Tribute effect mirror your actions.

Subtle Tribute is the name of the weapon you get after beating it, I believe.

(Also he already has an attack that sorta does that -cough cough-}

Also, When you said vampire hunter the first thing that popped into my mind was "Juese Belmont! Na na na na na na na"

Which i'm sure is a completely horrible idea yes?

Bletch. That's what I get for too quickly scanning the thread, lol - I thought that was the name for the weapon the boss used, and "Effect" was the special effect the boss had. X-D (Scratch what I said about Mantis.)

Okay, let me redeem myself with better ideas. Hmm. Well, what if Subtle Tribute causes all visible opponents to do a little damage to themselves? Or to turn their backs to Tan for a small amount of time? I suppose it could also be used to increase the power of your allies.

Lawless Hyena's weapon could be Renegade Riff or Criminal SomethingVeryClever.

Idler Mantis could have the Auto-tune SomethingAlsoClever.

I can't think of anything for Badger though. :-/

And yes, the thought had crossed my mind regarding Jesse Belmont. :-D

Well, your allies aren't playing with you; it's strictly one Tan at a time. Your idea for Idler Mantis was more of what I was thinking, Melbu. As for Subtle Tribute... that doesn't sound like that bad of an idea! ^_^

And Harmonious Dissonance, since he already does that, it makes all the more sense to get that as the boss weapon, right?

Well, your allies aren't playing with you; it's strictly one Tan at a time.

Oh. Jeebus, lmao, I really did a crappy job of reading the last ten pages. X-D

Your idea for Idler Mantis was more of what I was thinking, Melbu. As for Subtle Tribute... that doesn't sound like that bad of an idea! ^_^

Thanks. :-) Glad I could help contribute.

Automatic damage to all onscreen foes. Small number of uses, though. Also, here's the boss attacks. courtesy of Mr. Moss here.

I'm guessing this will be a rather large boss, Yes?

Withdraw: QT draws into his shell, Reducing damage inflicted to him.

Body Slam: QT launches himself into the air, landing on the space 4-Tan was when he launched. {Deals less damage if used from withdraw}

Shell Shocker: QT headbutts directly in front of him, pushing him foward a bit and knocking back 4-Tan if it hits her.

{After half HP}Queue Advancement: QT begins spinning in place, Drawing 4-Tan towards him and causing damage if she gets close. {Only during withdraw}

Dive-Bomb: TV dives towards 4-Tan's current location, then rises straight up after striking her/the ground

Feather Spears: TV lets out a volley of razor sharp feathers towards the general area of where 4-Tan is standing, Pinning her to the spot if they hit.

{After half HP} Roost: At random points after he loses half his HP TV may try to stop and rest. 3 seconds after he reaches the ground a wall of fire will engulf him and heal him for a quarter of his HP. Additional Attacks will heal him further. Attacking him during the 3 second period will knock him off balance and make him unable to heal himself, as well as leaving him open to more damage.

{Don't remember the theme for this one... But i'll try}

Carnivore: Attacks LH makes will heal him for the damage dealt to 4-Tan.

Chomp: LH charges towards 4-Tan and then leaps at her, latching on and biting her if not avoided.

Howl: LH lets out a howl that overpowers 4-Tan's jams. Preventing her attacks from harming him while he does it.

{After half HP} Pack Call: LH summons two of his pack to assist him, Two small wolfs appearing behind him who will then run around and try to attack 4-Tan. These will respawn every 5-10 seconds after they are destroyed.

Rip: MC pulls a random item off of the construction site and throws it at 4-Tan {Items could include hammers, toolboxes, metal bars, lunch boxes} After half HP he throws the items at her faster and for longer.

Swing Style: MC grabs a rope hanging from the middle of the area and swings around on it. If he hits 4-Tan she is driven against the wall of the screen. {Completely stolen from MM8's clown man} After half HP he swings faster and when 4-Tan is hit by him she'll be carried into the air with him until he leaves the screen, she'll fall down after he does.

Bringin' Down the House: MC shakes the building, causing several bars, etc. to fall from above. After Half HP a second layer of items will fall after this first ones.

{After half HP} Berserk: MC moves a LOT faster and his other attacks are affected by his sudden rage.

Copy: PP steals 4-Tan's jam, Gaining the ability to use that one tune in addition to his other attacks. {Once. The first time 4-Tan changes abilities}

Replay: When PP is hit by an attack there is a chance that he will use the same attack on 4-Tan.

{Really can't think of much for him}

Bandwith Limiter: BB limits how much can be done by 4-Tan at one time. Preventing her from changing weapons more than once every ? seconds. {Once. At the beginning of the battle}

Resource Drain: BB creates a hole next to 4-Tan's current location, it drawing her towards it for as long as it's formed. {3 seconds. While she's in the radius it drains her HP at a fairly fast rate.}

{Mnh... Needs more basic attacks for most of these.}

Split: MS breaks down into it's smaller forms. Swarming back and forth over the floor and latching onto 4-Tan if she touches them, Damaging her.

Rejoin: MS's mini forms gather around 4-Tan, Attempting to trap her as they form back into their main form. If they succeed then she will be crushed between them. {4 second reform time. Instant death if caught}

Shot: MS shoots blobs of itself at her, Damaging her if they hit. Blobs shatter on impact and separate pieces will crawl back to the main body.

{Oh, Should MS diminish in size as he takes more damage? And the smaller parts be kill-able?}

Idler Mantis (Park)(???)

Slash: IM simply slashes toward 4-Tan and tries to cut her.

Lunge slash: IM lunges across the screen towards 4-Tan and tries to cut her.

Upper Slash: He does a lunge slash and if it connects, slashes up, Sending her into the air. Can't move for one second upon landing if it connects.

Jump Blades: IM jumps into the air and begins spinning with his blades outstretched. then falling towards 4-Tan's location.

Drop Blades: IM turns a set of blades into a wheel and sets them spinning across the floor towards 4-Tan. If they do not hit her they will simply roll up the side of the wall. His blades regrow instantly after this. Can't move for one second if it connects.

Sound good to everyone?