Sign in to follow this  
starla

FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

so basically you want to record your own samples? get a microphone and record it.

as far as using the 3xOsc presets: make your own. turn the knobs, you will not crash the program, trust me.

Just wondering...there's this cool effect in lots of dance/techno music where a sound goes from kinda muffled to distinct, and then muffled again. I'm not sure what it's called, and that's my best discription of it. Can you do that in FL?

Just wondering...there's this cool effect in lots of dance/techno music where a sound goes from kinda muffled to distinct, and then muffled again. I'm not sure what it's called, and that's my best discription of it. Can you do that in FL?

Yes, in FL it's called I think Fruity Phaser, and I use it in like everything i do... you can even control how many phases it goes through, i like to put it to a small amount of phases and it sounds good to use on snares, or hihats in the dance/trance stuff i make....

(finally, i can be on the answering end of this thread!)

Yeah, I like that effect...it's good for like drums coming into a song, or incoming melodies...ooh, that sounds cool!

Incoming melody!

Now i have a quick question (that didn't last long)

how do u keep the filtered effect on, and how can u do what u said... about bringing things into songs and stuff

and also...

how do u double an instrument... like say a snare for a build up commonly found in techno and stuff, how would i double it!?

Assuming 3.4 here...

Use Piano Roll.

Click C5 and double click while your at it. A window will pop up.

Now you can edit length and starting time.

Starting Time 0:0:0

Make the length 0:0:12

Repeat process in first step (piano roll step i mean)

Start Time 0:0:12

Make the Length 0:0:12 (In fact make the length that way through the whole thing.)

ST = 0:01:0

ST = 0:01:12

you know where I am getting with this.

I just figured this out just two days ago and I was like boo-yeah... this is about as good as Finale now! Woot!!!

Hey, I'm new to this. I've read pretty much all of the other posts, but I got kind of tired areound page 23 :wink: and I didn't get my question answered so I decided to post it. Why can I not hear the sounds when I hit play after I import the midi? By the way, I am not in Song mode- I know better than that. Thanks for your help!

Oh, yeah.... you got 3.0.... shame on you.... upgrade!!!

I'm SO confused... i have 3.5.6 (suttin like that)

and also, Jonodude, do u have AIM or AOL, it'd be easier for me to explain if we were to communicate through that...

Hey, I'm new to this. I've read pretty much all of the other posts, but I got kind of tired areound page 23 :wink: and I didn't get my question answered so I decided to post it. Why can I not hear the sounds when I hit play after I import the midi? By the way, I am not in Song mode- I know better than that. Thanks for your help!

Open generator channels (either sample or VSTi)

How many?

The same number of midi tracks that have midi data shown in the piano roll 'tube'.

Play around with your selection in instruments (this is, of course, optional).

Copy and Paste: From Midi Channel to generator channel.

Now you should be getting something...

Okay, I might be doing something stupid...Or my question might not make any sense, or it could be my uh, sub-par comp skills messing things up...by just touching the keyboard, or glancing at the evil monitor...(it hates me so) But have you heard of this? I have the Fruity Soundfont player installer..and I want to start using it with my 3.0 FL...but everytime I go to install it, it gives me this message..."Error - Something went wrong with locating the FruityLoops folder"...Help? Ahhhh..

How Do I Remix?

Uh, yeah. I found my problem in FL help, but it just confused me.

"Some plugins suddenly start eating extremely much CPU power, while they performed good in a while."

My problem is that soundfonts, FL defaults (and probably vst, haven't tried), cause the probgram to skip and lag. AND IT WON'T GO AWAY! FL runs BETTER on my laptop, and its a piece of shit.

"Sometimes happens that a plugin starts eating a huge amount of CPU when not fed for a while. It looks strange but it's not. Floating points are stored as a base & exponent. It works well, except for very small numbers (those are called tiny numbers, or denormalized numbers). Those tiny numbers are stored differently, & the math coprocessor actually eats much more CPU in that 'denormalization' process (that can also trigger an exception on demand).

There are workarounds, but they can only apply in the DSP functions themselves. FruityLoops can't do much about it, it's up to the plugin (& most of the ones that come with FruityLoops do it) to check if the values are very close to zero & snap them to zero instead."

That's FL's solution. NOW, I'm unsure as to th whether or not I was looking at the right problem in troubleshooting. I ran the buffer up to full, and it helps some, but it still lags. Last time I asked this question, no one responded. Please help me. FREE COOKIE FOR ALL WHO HELP ME!

Use the Delay from FruityLoops 3.4<

It has solved the denormalisation problems.

Do not use the delay in the Function Tabs, unless you want to use the Resonance nob and Pitch Nob.

There are other delays... like the karlette and a few others... but I don't know if you can be bothered with them....