Sign in to follow this  
starla

FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

he means you have to get an illegal, full version.

what i usually do is download a full version to see if i like it, then buy it when i have the funds if i do. gotta support the developers ya know :)

Hehe... i have an illegal full version for testing

oh and another thing that happens that really pisses me off is my automation randomly gets deleted. i select Main Automation, hit the record button, and play through, and the volume automation gets recorded. i go in there and smooth it out, but randomly, when i come back later, it's all gone. most other tracks don't do this, and i'm not sure what's making this one do it.

how do I replace the midi voices with better samples?

If dragging doesn't work, what you CAN do is go to the piano roll, select all the notes (Ctrl-A) Copy the notes (Ctrl-C) then add the generator of your choice (Channels > Add) then go into that generator's piano roll (Right click on the channel > piano roll) then paste all the notes (Ctrl-V)

VOI-FRIKKIN-LA!

:D

short tutorial on effects

delay

>>echo!!!!

input-how much the first echo gets

feedback-the reduction in sound(volume wise)

cut-off-er, well...use this for ambient cool diddies or addinga non-metallic sound

tempo-the rate

steps-the rhythm produced by the echo. you'll see when you play pizzicato diddle patterns

overdrive

>>distorted guitars!!!!!

Preamp:x-plodes the sound till it clips, and then clips some more

x100:x-plodes a hundred-fold

postgain:reduce this for balance.

play with other knobs for levels of grunge

reeverb

>>hey, you're in one heck of a warehouse!!!

refer to Help on this one...simply too much for a quick tutorial

flanger

>>super spinny sound that spins you slowly

refer to Help as this is the same for reeverb

phaser

>>psssst***houston, I'm feeling a little dizzy here![crackle]over****psssst!

refer to help ""

filter

>>dark to bright

cutoff frequency:selects the frequency to start cutting or combing out.

resonance: crank this only if you want to play with the cutoff

EQ

>>for professional sound quality

check out presets...they are the best tutorial

compressor

>>opposite of overdrive: prevents clipping

use presets but having it just on in Master works swell[default]

This is the basics

Hope this helps

He means you need to steal the Soundfont Player.

ok i guess i spoke too soon. the problem came back when i reloaded the flp. the only volume adjustments i'm making are in the main automation, and i've checked its event editor for sporaticness, and there is none. i'm not making changes on the pattern itself anymore, and there aren't any other patterns using this channel.

I think the problem may be that you are perhaps drawing the pattern over the length of time you want this automation to occur, instead of just slapping it in where you want the automation to trigger. Trust me, there's a huge difference. Now, I'm not saying this is DEFINITELY what you're doing, but if you could take a screenshot of the Playlist window at the area of the automation, I could be able to give you more illicit help.

I could be able to give you more illicit help.

you do mean explicit, don't you? ;)

and REF: i've had an experience where fruityloops will crash (won't play) when i click play, instead of playing, thre ellipses appear on the play button, all i do to remedy is close friuyt, start it up again, and if the FLP does it again, i just delete the flp and begin anew.

I could be able to give you more illicit help.

you do mean explicit, don't you? ;)

and REF: i've had an experience where fruityloops will crash (won't play) when i click play, instead of playing, thre ellipses appear on the play button, all i do to remedy is close friuyt, start it up again, and if the FLP does it again, i just delete the flp and begin anew.

Well, no, i click play (whenever one of those is on) and my comp just freezes.... this ALWAYS happens when i try it.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, yes, I mean explicit. I was kind of in the middle of cramming for a Microbiology test when I made that post, plus it was about 8:30 in the morning, and I'd only gotten about six hours of sleep. :oops:

Illicit... hAHAHAhaHAHhhHha.....

AHAHAH thanks to CompyFox I can now use my mad piano skills in my remixing and computerized composing! I bought a MIDI > USB adapter thingy and it works great... now I need to figure out how to make it work with FL.

How do I make it record into the piano roll? Whenever I try to record (I just make the little record button white, and set it to countdown, metronome, and only to start when it registers notes from the MIDI keyboard.

And then I press play. It turns into a "..." and then I start.

But the problem is, it only records the notes into the simplified percussion thing... you know, the big grid of little buttons that turn white. It records into that. Thus, it won't let me record past the measure mark, at which point it turns around and records over that same measure again.

How can I make it record into the piano roll, which has no limit to size? Also, I'm assuming that this problem will be fixed once I can record into the piano roll, but right now it's only recording with a quantization of one... "dot". As in the little button thingy. Even when I change the setting... but, again, I think this will solve itself along with the first problem.

Anyway, thanks!

Heh, this is pretty quick, but this is my first experiment with using my keyboard with FL. I played one of themes from one of my old piano compositions and recorded it into FL, then arpeggiated and echoed it. I think it turned out pretty well :). If you want to hear it, it's up Here

Whoa... if anyone's heard my "Blue Matter" ReMix (it's in the WIP board, if you'd like to check it out... and it would be great if anyone from this thread could go and comment on the FL-related aspects of it) then please don't think of that when you think of Rellik's work. Not that it's bad, although (at least) one person thinks so, but armed with this simple tool of a Yamaha PSR-262 I aim to, in time, create some really outstanding remixes. Then again, who doesn't?

How can I turn affects on/off in the middle of songs, for instance, in my one song, it sounds good w/o the phaser, but at one point, where the melody cuts away, i'd like the phaser to come in, and then stop when the melody comes back, so the breakaway doesn't sound so dull.... how can i do this?

The Fruity Phaser has a knob on it called "Feedback." This is essentially your Wet/Dry mix knob. Simply automate this knob in your song to turn the phaser on and off. There is no way to deactivate/activate FX plugins via automation. However, most of the FX have controls to allow you to increase/decrease the amount of application. Just automate that to turn 'em on and off.

thats the leet way to do it. i prefer just to add a clone of the instrument on another effects rack, cause i'm lazy (and not too good at using automation yet)

All right, I'm considering getting FruityLoops, sounds cool, 'specially since I heard that some of my favorite Remixers use it. Unfortunately, I need to save up some money, having a low cash flow. Plus, I love music, but I haven't got much musical training. So, just a few questions.

For someone without much money, which is the best version of FruityLoops to buy?

If I buy it, will I really need any other programs to make a high-quality mix? Which ones?

How much musical talent do you need to use this tool?

the 99$ pack is the best route, you get updates for life, and most of the plugins are about 20$ each.

there are plugins for fruityloops that cost more money (dx10, wasp, simsynth, fruity SF player), but aside from those, you just need a good soundcard.

and 3: ...

the 99$ pack is the best route, you get updates for life, and most of the plugins are about 20$ each.

there are plugins for fruityloops that cost more money (dx10, wasp, simsynth, fruity SF player), but aside from those, you just need a good soundcard.

and 3: ...

Right on brotha, unless you want to in debt the rest of your life and get the God version...

Suppose I wanted to use Soundfonts. Do I need a special program to use 'em on FruityLoops? Do I need it to use the soundfonts? From what I've read, the answer is yes, but where can I snag this program?