Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

For some reason, I can not watch any video on the Escapist. Any of them. It's not that they aren't playing, it's that they aren't even loading. Like, as in, there is no place for the video on the page for them to appear. It's like it's been filtered out by adblock or something, except according to adblock, there isn't any video to block. The server itself seems to be not sending anything video-related to my computer at all.

And yes, I checked adblock, it's not listing anything related to videos to block, and I've even tried disabling the entire site just to see if that was the problem. No good, video are still completely non-existent. I've made sure everything is up-to-date, and still nothing.

I can only assume that I have been video-watching banned from the Escapist for some reason, or that Sony network hackers have somehow fucked with the page.

Are you having the same problem across multiple sites?

Are you having the same problem across multiple sites?

Nope, I just watched a Thor Trailer, and I was on GameTrailers before without any problems.

Did you try another browser?

IE shows a proper video border, but won't play the video at all (gives a red x and just sits there, doing nothing). But if I fuck with IE a bit, it will play eventually. So it must be something that Firefox doesn't like about that site.

The thing is, I've had this pop up before, but it ended up fixing itself a few days later, if I recall correctly.

There is, yahtzee scoured the net for the image of the most expressionless face he could find and he came upon this guy which he remarked as "being the only person whose expression showed no signs of any discernable emotion" (or something to that effect). That's it.
In other words, he's Yahtzee's "Nice Work" guy in the sense that we're probably never going to know who he actually is unless we randomly bump into him on the street?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

???

Last week was the Witcher 2 (which I can't get a link for because my computer isn't loading the Escapist - Did Lulzboat attack again?). He hasn't done an E3 video this year. He only did a write-up on Extra Punctuation.

And if he does do it, it might get postponed another week because everyone will be wanting DNF (which should be a fantastic review).

• 3 weeks later...