OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Medic: Ze Goggles (they do nothing! er... that's not in the name)

Oh god are they actually called that? DO WANT.

Also, what's the "bleed" effect for the Sniper's new weapon do?

I had what I thought was an amusing moment on cp_badlands early today.

I was playing Spy on RED. We had 3 points and had halfway capped the fourth, but were stopped.

I moved to the last point while cloaked (using Cloak and Dagger) and disguised as a BLU Pyro. I decloaked near the point, then ran to it as if I were on BLU guarding it.

Frogg ran by upstairs, saw me standing on the point, shot at me four times from upstairs (missing twice), but I remained just standing there.

After he was out of sight, I cloaked, then uncloaked to kill an engineer who jumped down and started to build a sentry in the corner.

Cloaked again, switched disguises while we captured point 4, then uncloaked to capture the last point.

Turns out that even Frogg can be fooled. :)

Bolded part is relevant. And how much HP did you walk away from that with?

Oh god are they actually called that? DO WANT.

Also, what's the "bleed" effect for the Sniper's new weapon do?

From the TF2 Wiki:

Bleeding is an attrition damage effect similar to Fire. Currently only the Tribalman's shiv inflicts bleeding, however it is thought more weapons may be released over time with this effect.

Though similar to a Pyro's fire, Bleeding differs in a few key ways

* Bleeding cannot be extinguished. Therefore it cannot be negated by:

o Water

o Jarate

o Compression blast

* Small Medpacks will heal the victim's health but will not stem the Bleeding.

* The indication of Bleeding damage is more subtle than the flame effects of a Pyro's fire.

So the Sniper gets a pseudo-afterburn...that does more damage over less time...and ruins cloak, including the Dead Ringer... (This last tidbit via word of mouth.)

FFS, the only new Sniper weapon that ISN'T anti-Spy is the Huntsman.

I have a theory that the TF2 team passive aggressively hates the Pryo and seeks to make him weaker and less useful in most situations. Strange that bleeding is now stronger than afterburn. If another class every receives the ability to field projectiles and juggle ubers I think my theory will have solid proof.

I have a theory that the TF2 team passive aggressively hates the Pryo and seeks to make him weaker and less useful in most situations. Strange that bleeding is now stronger than afterburn.

You don't know that. It might not be extinguishable or easily noticed, but (I would expect) it does less damage over a greater period of time than fire.

Bolded part is relevant. And how much HP did you walk away from that with?

Over half. 76 I think, if you want an exact number.

Also:

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Moved the "Whiskered Gentleman" to the Misc loadout slot

Server was updated, but BLU hasn't been restarted. It's not really a critical update for servers.

You don't know that. It might not be extinguishable or easily noticed, but (I would expect) it does less damage over a greater period of time than fire.

8 DPS for 8 seconds = 64 damage. Afterburn is 6 DPS for 10 seconds, or 60 damage.

Bleeding does more damage and can't be prematurely stopped.

8 DPS for 8 seconds = 64 damage. Afterburn is 6 DPS for 10 seconds, or 60 damage.

Bleeding does more damage and can't be prematurely stopped.

Anyone want to take bets on how long until bleeding gets nerfed?

Okay guys, we definitely need a late-night moderator with a screwy sleep schedule to handle stuff like tonight. BLU took a major pubber invasion, all of whom were general jackasses. Worst offenders were "Scott Pilgrim" and "Ramona Flowers" who kept having extremely inappropriate conversation despite being warned to stop, as well as PA! Kforce and BB.ClintBeastwood for nonstop spamming text and chat every time they attacked, along with general derogatory speech like calling Gamemaster gay and into bestiality for playing some Zelda music on the server.

I recorded some of it, but true to Murphy's Law they'd mostly shut up once I started, and some of them dropped when the map changed. Necro and Gamemaster can back me up for the whole ordeal, and IJ can attest to some of it.

So, yeah. We need some way of keeping stuff like this from happening. I'd already had kind of a crappy day, and the last thing I needed was a bunch of pubtrolls with no admins available to get rid of them.

Okay guys, we definitely need a late-night moderator with a screwy sleep schedule to handle stuff like tonight. BLU took a major pubber invasion, all of whom were general jackasses. Worst offenders were "Scott Pilgrim" and "Ramona Flowers" who kept having extremely inappropriate conversation despite being warned to stop, as well as PA! Kforce and BB.ClintBeastwood for nonstop spamming text and chat every time they attacked, along with general derogatory speech like calling Gamemaster gay and into bestiality for playing some Zelda music on the server.

I recorded some of it, but true to Murphy's Law they'd mostly shut up once I started, and some of them dropped when the map changed. Necro and Gamemaster can back me up for the whole ordeal, and IJ can attest to some of it.

So, yeah. We need some way of keeping stuff like this from happening. I'd already had kind of a crappy day, and the last thing I needed was a bunch of pubtrolls with no admins available to get rid of them.

Yeah, quite a bit of this did go on and I was rather frustrated myself. The whole remarks of my sexual interests were what I dealt with for over two years at Nsider2--and if anybody knows the gist of how Nsider/Nsider2 regulars behaved, then you'd be surprised I've yet to go crazy. Point being though, I could care less, it's child's play to me. While it did frustrate us, it was also quite concerning to how the other pubbers saw it. With the exception of four or five regulars, the server was filled with pubbers, most being silent---and I think they got off with a pretty bad view of the server. Moreso to the fact that racial slurs, as well as generalized insults were thrown around. Most commonly black racism, though sexuality (most commonly faggot--pardon my language) was also an issue.

IJ here (I have to use this name since most forums won't allow me to use my actual nickname; not to mention, I hate forums to begin with). I even asked if any of them were using exploits, BB.ClintBeastwood chimed in rather enthusiastically, "Hells yeah!" And I can definitely attest to the text flooding, the "gay" remarks, as well as the remarks against the music being played here, to which Chili responded by telling them that they need to remember where they were, a site entirely devoted to music, so it's fair game.

And I'm with Chili. We really could do with some late-night admins to deal with crap like this. It's bloody annoying when you have dummies like this ruining everyone else's fun. I like getting home from work to play a game (well, unless I'm on call for after-hours tech support for work, which means I have to be ready to bail at a moment's notice). I do not like it when said game is being disrupted by idiot users.

Thanks for your attention.

--Ian "IJ" Justman.

I wanted to be on last night, but either my drivers are fucked up or the latest TF2 update fucked itself up, because I can't play more than a few minutes without either crashing or getting a BSOD. Major sadface. I'm going to try a few things today and hop on again tonight and see if that fixes anything.

(The point I'm trying to make is that I'm sorry I wasn't on to deal with these people, but I really couldn't.)

May as well post it here: Admins, check the social group. Please?

The thing is, I am the usual late night admin, but unless someone tells me they need a mod, I dont know if they need help.

As far as Chili is concerned, he was next in line to be a mod anyway, it's just Paranoid was selected first.

Point being, if you need a late night mod, Send me a steam message, and if I dont answer that quickly, for instance, I am playing Xbox, send me a message via Aim, googletalk, or yahoo IM. It will get sent to my phone that way, and I will see it.