aggressive electric-guitar folk jazz rock woodwinds tempo-fast world

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

• Administrators
  • 8,767 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 bobby1983

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Awesome. I was waiting a very long time to see if anybody would ever cover this tune. The chameleon boss always seemed overlooked in the world of mega man remix music. I think somebody else uploaded another version of this track a couple weeks ago, but it really didnt capture the aspects that made sting chameleon's stage music so neat. I'm sure it holds up for somebody who likes that "orchestra" stuff, it just wasnt my cup of herbal tea. This one I like better because it stays closer to the original tempo and style. Electric guitars and synth galore!!! I'll be listening to this one...:<
Posted Image

#3 SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Definitely one of my favorites of Maverick Rising (although I think I've said that for every song from it posted :razz:). I love Vurez's blending of ethnic instruments & rock and each song is incredibly polished. This is no exception, great job!

#4 Bahamut

Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,861 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA, United States

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

Solid meld of rock and ethnic instrumentation here, which is Vurez's forte. The mix is straightforward, but achieves the rocking feel while digressing into new territory. I like it and it fits nicely into the framework of Maverick Rising.

#5 predcon

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

It certainly is popular. I was just on the phone with the billing department at work, and the woman's phone went off, and this was the ringtone. That bugger was loud, too. Like she wanted everyone to hear it.
Jesus sez 'Pack Heat' Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

#6 Guifrog

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationArcoverde, PE, Brazil

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

The whole song's amazing, but I think I have a crush on that 1:45-2:35 break... Why the stegosaurus didn't I listen to Vurez's stuff before?! <3

...and then I realize that I actually did.

#7 Phonetic Hero

Phonetic Hero

Temporal Duality Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

The whole song's amazing, but I think I have a crush on that 1:45-2:35 break... Why the stegosaurus didn't I listen to Vurez's stuff before?! <3

...and then I realize that I actually did.

Haha, before I even found OCR (and was still using Finale 2010 lol), I found his MM6 remixes and started bugging him on his facebook page about what software he uses :P Vurez's work is awesome

#8 timaeus222

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,776 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Fantastic. Energy remains awesome, breakdowns are really nice, especially that first one. I wasn't really feeling the second one at 1:45, but it was still good! Solid mix.

Zebra2 Soundbank || SoundCloud || Twitter || Facebook 

Might collab to add: Piano, E.Bass/Guitar/Piano, Drums, Synth, and Glitch FX.

"[T]he 4 on the floor is actually driven through the floor[.]" ~ OA

#9 Crulex

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Damn, you really have to play this loud. It just demands it. I really love how Vurez is able to combine hard rock with ethnic sounds in many of his ReMiexs. The breakdown at 1:45 on up really is a sweet change up, but for me personally, the part I fell in love with was from 2:35 to the end. Very strong ReMix of Sting Chameleon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aggressive, electric-guitar, folk, jazz, rock, woodwinds, tempo-fast, world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums