432 replies to this topic

#181 DDRKirby(ISQ)

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Alright, I did it. I now have 19 instances of FL Slicer going on, no more Slicex. Hope you guys are happy ;P

#182 Jason Covenant

Jason Covenant

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Sorry I didn't get to responding to this earlier, but it's been a busy week. Looks like you guys resolved it without me though. Nice work. DDR, there's a list in the original post of things you can and can't use.

I mean you can do what SliceX does without using SliceX. It just makes it faster. So nothing in the mp3 will sound much different, if at all, whether you use it or not.

That's kinda the whole point -- that it's more challenging with the limitations placed on the tools we're using while still trying to achieve the same results one would with more powerful tools.

The reason for using the demo version as the standard is that it's free and still contains many easy-to-use tools. Indeed, what PH said.

#183 DDRKirby(ISQ)

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I should have double-checked the list, so I guess it's on me for not being careful, haha. Well, it wasn't quite so bad in the end anyways, once I got off my lazy butt and did it.

#184 Zerothemaster

Zerothemaster

Ness (+600)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

The reason for using the demo version as the standard is that it's free and still contains many easy-to-use tools. Indeed, what PH said.

The other reason (or at least the one that makes sense to me) is so that anyone can join in listening to the flps and not just the people who paid money for FL. This way someone could just download the demo and join in the voting or whatevs
Posted ImagePosted Image

#185 DDRKirby(ISQ)

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

The other reason (or at least the one that makes sense to me) is so that anyone can join in listening to the flps and not just the people who paid money for FL. This way someone could just download the demo and join in the voting or whatevs

Except AFAIK the demo version of FL studio also includes the demo version of slicex, which you can still use for listening purposes, so that's a nonissue. Just like how the FL demo projects use Slicex, and Sytrus, and Toxic, and whatever. You just can't save your Slicex work.

#186 Zerothemaster

Zerothemaster

Ness (+600)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Except AFAIK the demo version of FL studio also includes the demo version of slicex, which you can still use for listening purposes, so that's a nonissue. Just like how the FL demo projects use Slicex, and Sytrus, and Toxic, and whatever. You just can't save your Slicex work.

But at least some of those demos will either delete themselves when opened on a demo version or randomly drop out sound because they hate puppies and the smiles on children's faces.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#187 DDRKirby(ISQ)

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ah yes, you're right. Huh, doesn't that mean some of the FL demo projects will have random drops in sound? Some of them do use Toxic IIRC.

#188 Zerothemaster

Zerothemaster

Ness (+600)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Ah yes, you're right. Huh, doesn't that mean some of the FL demo projects will have random drops in sound? Some of them do use Toxic IIRC.

I'm sure there's a programmed override for something like that. I'm by no means an expert :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#189 DDRKirby(ISQ)

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Aaaaand I'm done, after 14 hours of work (says the FL project info). I'm used to making things in ~3 hours, maybe 6 hours max including tweaking/mixing/mastering time, so this was crazy.

#190 ectogemia

ectogemia

Raccoon Mario (+1950)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis. IN

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Aaaaand I'm done, after 14 hours of work (says the FL project info). I'm used to making things in ~3 hours, maybe 6 hours max including tweaking/mixing/mastering time, so this was crazy.

Wow, so this tune is like 80 minutes long?

#191 Cash

Cash

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Submitted last night. I spend a lot of time on my remix, hopefully it pays off!
Posted Image
Alias: Cash and Change | SoundCloud | Twitter | Facebook

#192 ectogemia

ectogemia

Raccoon Mario (+1950)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Submitted last night. I spend a lot of time on my remix, hopefully it pays off!

YOU BeTTER HAVE APPLIED EVERYTHING I TAUGHT YOU IN REMIXING WITH THE STARS

i will listen

and i will find you

#193 alfredofreak

alfredofreak

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Gah....stupid school...yeah, I've got nothing for Team GBA.

(formerly known as chroxic)
-----------------------------
Website | SoundCloud | Twitch | YouTube

#194 Theory of N

Theory of N

Album Coordinator, The Eevee EP Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Okay, so...I thought I had two more hours than I did because I converted time zones backwards. Super fail. So instead of the complete work I thought I had time for, I ended up having to slap an ending on and submit it. :(
Posted Image

#195 Jason Covenant

Jason Covenant

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Round 2 Results!

1. Flexstyle - 33 points (33.3%)
2. Sir_NutS - 23 points (23.2%)
3. wildfire - 19 points (19.2%)
4. Modus - 18 points (18.2%)
5. TEAM FAUX VASECTOMY - 6 points (6%)
6. Team GBA - 0 points (0%)

Also, Round 3 is up. About those Round 3 songs...there were two that contained a couple disallowed plugins: ectogemia's and Zerothemaster's entries. Neither were used significantly in their respective mixes so I don't think it's a big deal, but please check the list in the OP when you mix to make sure you aren't, say, using Edison. Voters, you may want to consider the roles of these plugins in the mixes when casting your votes.

Edited by Jason Covenant, 13 January 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#196 ectogemia

ectogemia

Raccoon Mario (+1950)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

About those Round 3 songs...there were two that contained a couple disallowed plugins: ectogemia's and Zerothemaster's entries. Neither were used significantly in their respective mixes so I don't think it's a big deal, but please check the list in the OP when you mix to make sure you aren't, say, using Edison. Voters, you may want to consider the roles of these plugins in the mixes when casting your votes.

Oops :P

I guess I left Edison in there... anyway, I didn't even use it to create the remix. The reason it is in there at all is because I was showing a friend how Edison autodetects loop points, so I used some random mixer track as an example. Looks like I never took it out. So yeah, please do not use that when casting your votes :D It was just an oversight not to take it out after showing my friend some Edison stuff. Again, I didn't use it to write the tune, so I operated within the confines of the compo and all that.

#197 Ghetto Lee Lewis

Ghetto Lee Lewis

Terry Bogard (+1300)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

So as to the theme this week, I assume Time Travelling games are okay, like Ocarina of Time and Chrono Trigger.
Posted Image

#198 ectogemia

ectogemia

Raccoon Mario (+1950)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

UM, MY PROJECT IS SCREWED UP.

The first track in the playlist labeled "<3" in yellow which contains a sample called "noise" is super messed up. I have no idea why it's like that. I checked my project file on my laptop, and it's as it should be -- just a sampled noise wave I made. Not whatever weird-ass squelchy thing is in my project file in the .zip.

:/

So what do I do about this, Jason? Want me to send you a new project, or do we just advise everyone to vote on my .mp3, not my project file?

#199 Cash

Cash

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I was basing my track on the Kirby's Dream Land version of Green Greens, but it's the same song anyway.

How many rounds are in this compo?

Edited by Cash, 14 January 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Posted Image
Alias: Cash and Change | SoundCloud | Twitter | Facebook

#200 BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Should be a fun round!

"We are not wise enough yet, nor are we civilized. As long as there's prisons, police, armies, navies, we are not civilized. When the world joins together, and agrees to use the Earth intelligently...That'll be the beginning of the civilized age" - Jacque Fresco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums