PRC96: Don't you mean Bio-Trance? (BioMetal)

Rexy

'Weak'? What the hell are you talking about? These entries were all great! We all spent so long working on them, you should be humbled!

It's just what kind of music you like. If you are a trance fan, I can understand this PRC isn't your favorite (PRC53, the Donkey Kong ? is better for those). It's just style, I'm sure the remixers did a good job, I'm not telling who was my favorite because I voted.

Sadly I have to agree with Cocaine White (don't worry about your vote, I inputted yours with mine). But I don't put it down to genre preferences as I'm pretty much acceptable to a wide range of style, just that the production level of some of these entries feel as if they were more made for an OverLooked ReMiX competition than one on OCR. (no offence to any of the competitors or anyone associated with that site, I just needed to bring it up.)

I'll probably explain a little more on this reasoning tomorrow, when the votes have been tallied up.

that is certainly a point of view i can sympathize with.. i work full-time or longer so the only way i can participate in ORC or PRC is by making a token effort.

'course my music is admittedly lo-fi regardless, but i do try to avoid the 1-hour OLR DoF stylings when possible. ah well, a shitty compo is better than no compo at all.

Either way, the results are in. Let's see what can be made out of it, ok?

Total number of voters - 8

Total number of mixes - 3

Highest possible score - 24

Chickenwarlord and V_gasm share the runner-up spot with 16 points each.

And the winner of PRC96 is Fireman Joe with 19 points!

Well done on securing your first PRC win, though given what I said earlier it sounds more like an understatement, lol. o_O Regardless, now that we're done here, I would like you to send over your source tune choice for PRC97 in my direction, whether it be through PMs or through MSN tonight.

Thanks for your input everyone, and we will meet again for PRC97 tomorrow afternoon. Be sharp, I guess.

Well, I was going for quality of the original tune rather than popularity of the original game, but I guess it didn't go over too well :). Hope you pick a good one, Joe.

It's a good idea, but there definitely has to be a balance. The game kind of has to be popular enough to attract more remixers (since people tend to like remixing things they've experienced in a game), but the whole point of the competition is to recognize less-known songs, so...kind of a tough situation. Glad I'll never have to make it. XD

It's a good idea, but there definitely has to be a balance. The game kind of has to be popular enough to attract more remixers (since people tend to like remixing things they've experienced in a game), but the whole point of the competition is to recognize less-known songs, so...kind of a tough situation. Glad I'll never have to make it. XD

Chickenwarlord said this and I'll mimic him in return - don't count yourself out. Yes, the purpose of PRC is to recognise songs that haven't been remixed on OCR yet, but that's the thing really.

That kind of scope could go around to just about any kind of song, whether it would be a song in a popular game that hasn't received remix coverage yet (e.g. Sonic 1's boss theme) or a song that was in a game that didn't get much attention by the Western gaming public, like the previous five or so (no offence to anyone who loved Rise of the Triad, but before PRC95 I never heard of that game o.O).

In other news, the PRC archives at Doulifee's site has been updated. Now I need to get to work on those banners if I can; as I said I haven't done one since 87 >.>