OCR02027 - Street Fighter II "Frets of Fury"

djpretzel

I don't know how to say it, but this rocks. Hard. The solo is just so amazing! Yeah, simple words won't do this ReMix any justice. For a source that was, what, twenty seconds long, this easily tops it and I wouldn't have minded if this was SSF4's theme for a little nostalgia mixed with today. Cool stuff here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this straight up ROCKS, AWESOME. Takes one of the most recognizable sources in game history and adds some HORNS, and by horns I mean these bad boys ';..;' or \m/(-_-)\m/

again, AWESOME, I blast this while riding my bike to school or for exercise or in my car or anywhere else you need to get some PUMP!

• 6 months later...

Very nice! Solid piece of rockin' awesome! I love the opening. You think, "Woah, this gonna be awesome! Oh my! It is! Niiice!" And then the air guitar gets broken out and you flail around all over the place, playing that wicked solo with your teeth. Or was that just me?

This song has some jaw-dropping production slickness. Also have to echo the props re: groovy drum rhythm. Is vertexguy the new sixto? Tune in to the next edition of OCR Shore to find out!

The only real weakness to this is its repetitive nature. But, fortunately, at just a bit over 2 minutes, and with the wankin' solo near the end, it doesn't wear out its welcome. In fact, I believe this would fit quite awsomely as the HDRemix opener -- if only AE and Prozax had not absolutely outdone themselves with Clamato Fever.

Good job vertex dude!

Edited by Moguta

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I admit, clicking on his Wikipedia page made me want to take a quick OCR break just to hear some of his Guitar Hero based contributions to Video Games Live. Quite impressive!

Onto the mix itself. It's a 16 measure source, so in spite of its simplicity I can see it working for a good rocking expansion. Hearing it, this has to be a very clean production with all the guitar parts being made distinctively clear, and that is already distinctively sick :3

In regards to arrangement, it starts out pretty well with a straight variation of the theme, then an original section, and repeated with a third and final variation for the ending. The original sections manage to refer to parts of the melody, though the real meat can be seen in the second original melody with that really precise finger-blistering solo - that had my jaw dropping so much at the sheer amount of attention being paid towards it :o

That said, a short but VERY SWEET arrangement with a very highly polished set of production values to go with it. vertexguy managed to grasp the concept with this submission, and so I really hope he would come back again in the near future :D

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02027 - Street Fighter II "Frets of Fury"