OCRA-0001 - Super Metroid: Relics of the Chozo

Protricity

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice job, folks. This is enjoyable music.

"Kong in Concert" played more on the "project" in "dkc project," whereas RotC focuses mostly on the "sm" in "sm project." What I mean is that RotC pays tribute to its game through a generally uniform mood, with each song evoking "Super Metroid." "Kong in Concert" pays tribute with many different kinds of music that seem to say "listen to some music" louder than they say "Donkey Kong Country." I'm being abstract. Bottom line: both projects approach their music in different ways and do a good job.

"Full of Life" is a good song.

Thanks for making "Relics of the Chozo," it's quite an accomplishment.

I think he means that the different SM themes are very clear, and you recognize them immediatly. RotC pays tribute to this music more than King in Concert does with DKC. Kong in Concert pays tribute to different forms of music, like jazz, electronica etc., instead of the music from the game. Sometimes it's hard to hear what song it really is. I must agree with him.

"I think" part of the reason he said "he was confused" was because of the "excessive and unnecessary" use of "quotes" in that "post".

"perhaps" you have a "point". The ""quotes"" may have been """unnecessary""""".

Either way, the reason RotC stayed with a theme, more or less, is because that was a project objective. We tried to create a flowing mood and continuity. While KiC was just a random rambunxious representation of ravinous rhinos and ruthless rofls.

I really like the flow of the whole project. Kong in Concert is a collection of ReMixes while Relics of the Chozo is a great album that has a good flow from start to finish. Its not for everyone but I feel Protricity did a good job keeping everything together. Excellent work and thank you oh so very much for the uncompressed Audio. Might I suggest a lossless compression like .shn or .flac next time though, .wav files can easily get corrupted in data transfers like bittorrent. you can messege me for info or find tons of it on the internet, or mostly http://etree.org

I really like the flow of the whole project. Kong in Concert is a collection of ReMixes while Relics of the Chozo is a great album that has a good flow from start to finish. Its not for everyone but I feel Protricity did a good job keeping everything together. Excellent work and thank you oh so very much for the uncompressed Audio. Might I suggest a lossless compression like .shn or .flac next time though, .wav files can easily get corrupted in data transfers like bittorrent. you can messege me for info or find tons of it on the internet, or mostly http://etree.org

The waves were compressed with crc check rar files. Anything can get corrupt in a transfer. The rars are as viable as anything else is gonna get. flac was considered and dismissed as the file size difference would have been something like 5%; simply not worth the n00bie brigade outcry of pain and ineptitude that would surely have followed. You know who you are.

The waves were compressed with crc check rar files. Anything can get corrupt in a transfer. The rars are as viable as anything else is gonna get. flac was considered and dismissed as the file size difference would have been something like 5%; simply not worth the n00bie brigade outcry of pain and ineptitude that would surely have followed. You know who you are.

:oops:

Anyway, I told coworkers about this last week, and they absolutely love it. STILL GOOD AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

I got this earlier last year, and I was very impressed with almost every single song in this project. You've crushed my hopes of ever being this good. :D

The Lower Norfair theme was my favorite, followed closely by the orchestra Marida rendition. It reminded me a lot of the Crashed Frigate theme in Prime in terms of mood. And hey, the Brinstar theme just rocked. Plain and simple.

All-in-all, a stand-out effort and kudos to everyone who put work into this project. It is extremely appreciated. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Totally fantastic album. I love all of it. Protricity escpecially since it seems like you worked on almost every track, must have been one hell of a task, but I am glad you made it happen. Everyone else also, totally great!

I am having some trouble getting the cover art though. I just want the CD front cover, thats all I am interested in. I posted this request in general also, but is there like a jpeg of it someone can send me?

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have the album art for this (eg. just .png files, like Kong in Concert did) because I hate using Nero Cover Designer.
I am having some trouble getting the cover art though. I just want the CD front cover, thats all I am interested in. I posted this request in general also, but is there like a jpeg of it someone can send me?

I'm posting for Ari - grab the full cover package including jpegs here: http://supertux.com/~aasulin/ROTC_Covers.rar

The final covers that weren't released are also included; direct links to them are:

http://supertux.com/~aasulin/rotc_front_final.jpg

http://supertux.com/~aasulin/rotc_back_final.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did a Wikipedia page for the project based on a template from Rmrfstar's Kong in Concert Wiki entry (which I also updated). Check it out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relics_of_the_Chozo, and of course Ari or anyone else that can genuinely contribute to the page is encouraged to fix any potential inaccuracies and provide additional details for the project. Hope it proves useful. If anyone can dig up information on who made the CD cover art linked at the top of the page in Binnie's post, I'd appreciate it. OMG, gr00ve biaz!

EDIT: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL! Look at Protricity keep trying to edit/vandalise all of the OCR Site Project wikis! (You'll get there yet, baby, don't tucker yourself out!)

• 2 weeks later...