Old 06-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Kougar Singh
Akuma (+1100)

So...this album doesn't have nearly as much metal as it was made out to :P.
It's totally awesome though! Definitely lives up to my expectations.
A few of the tracks feel like they're completely out of place (lol Josh Welchel) but they're so good that it doesn't matter .
Good job guys. I'm going to be listening to this for a while.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 AM
Octorok (+200)

Send a message via AIM to FenixDown
The album turned out pretty well. It's not my favorite overall, but was still very enjoyable even without being a big fan of hard metal. I liked Fierce Fairground Fight, Earthrise, The Beginning of a Legacy, and If I Could Sail the World, among others. The repetition in parts of Sentient Machines keeps making me zone out so I don't really remember much of that track. That and The Last Story were probably my least favorites that I can remember after just two listens, but I did find the latter was more enjoyable than the King K. Rool battle theme mix from the DKC2 album, which immediately came to mind each time that track began.

All in all, it's a good album and I'd like to thank everyone who was involved for their contributions. You guys set a pretty high bar for the FFII and FFIII albums.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:13 AM

I'm quite enjoying this album so far, though on first listen it's a bit heavy on the metal (ha ha) for my tastes. I admit I still need a nice, deep listen with good headphones before I can fully appreciate it. But right now...Hoe-Emm-Gee you guys, I can not get enough of Onward by Josh Whelchel f. Ryan C. Connelly. Srsly...Can't. Get. Enough. Major props to Brandon Strader for the album. Great work!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

I like a lot of these tracks, but mostly Earthrise, Sentient Machines, Requiem For a Dying World, and The Beginning of a Łegacy. I know there's probably 4-6 more singles that got past the panel, so congratulations there. Alas, I'll probably enjoy the FFII album more once that eventually releases.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:15 PM

This might be my favorite album since Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption. Note that I deliberately didn't say OCRemix album, because this site literally produces my favorite music anywhere.

I posted this in the announcements forum but I have to repeat it here: I haven't gotten the chance to listen more in depth yet, but I seriously can not get enough of Onward by Josh Whelchel f. Ryan C. Connelly. I immediately loved it as much as I immediately loved Fighting for Tomorrow on Echoes. That album got better and better the more I listened to it, and I expect this one will be no different. Thank you Brandon Strader and the other artists that devoted their time and skill to this album, great stuff!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 AM
David Hsu
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I just wanted to say that Sir Jordanius's track utterly and completely blew my mind.

<Bleck> Neblix I will punch you in the soul
Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Matt Keller, Temporal Duality Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

There is a whole lot of Brandon Strader on this album Great job everybody, I'm really digging this album!

Is the sequel going to be called 'Final Fantasy II - With Bated Breath' ?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorX View Post
There is a whole lot of Brandon Strader on this album Great job everybody, I'm really digging this album!

Is the sequel going to be called 'Final Fantasy II - With Bated Breath' ?
iie. The name, or at least the beta name, is "Rebellion", because it's a central theme of FFII (and the original Star Wars trilogy).
Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 AM
OK, We'll Groove/Random Encounter Director
Dark Force (+9000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHater836 View Post
iie. The name, or at least the beta name, is "Rebellion", because it's a central theme of FFII (and the original Star Wars trilogy).
The name is Rebellion because I said it was. That's all I said. Keep your fan-fics to yourself.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Kyle Crouse, Shell Shocked Director, Around the World Co-Director
Ganon (+8000)

Should've gone with Final Fantasy II: Fantasy Harder. Then third one could've been called Final Fantasy III: With a Vengeance.