Old 11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Mother Brain (+4000)

Whether or not one is to complain about the samples being used, this is a quite amazing arrangement anyhow. It's very clear sounding and pleasing to the ears. Although the ending needed to be expanded upon somewhat.

Well done, DJP :D One of your finest work sofar.

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Red Mage (+400)

Occasionally I hear a track and say "instant keeper." This is one of those tracks. Not since Xenogears "Star Freezes Over," unfortunately not accepted here (and I'm not sure if it's available at VGMix anymore) have I liked a piece so quickly.

Good to see more Earthbound remixes being made.

"Life is a memory, don't forget to remember it" ~ me
"I got a good feeling!" ~ FF Tactics
Old 11-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Is that a violin or an accordian? Dosent matter really. The sound fits the tune. The arrangement is very nice. Lovely rythm going as well. Cant find anything to bitch about, and i love to bitch. Im keeping this.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Hahahah, that's most definitely an accordian. It doesn't even sound like a violin (during the accordian parts, of course). I like the production on this, although I kind of think everything has too much of a "fat" sound (mainly because I think the accordian is too high in the mix and too mid-rangey for my taste). It's not a bad thing, just personal preference. The string notes sound a bit too static in the mix. I'm thinking it might sound better if each note swells in volume instead.

Overall, it's better than a lot of the mixes I've heard on this site in a while.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Gray Alexander
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

There's both. Accordion is the focal point, but there's also a solo violin burried in the mix.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:15 AM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBySpoon
Wow, very nice. It actually reminded me of some of the music from Chrono Cross.
I was going to say the same thing. This song sounds a lot like the stuff that Yasunori Mitsuda did for Chrono Cross and the Shadow Hearts series.

It's a very nice blend of elements from both franchises, and GrayLightning is right: stick it on repeat and this song grows on you.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Send a message via AIM to Corporal Eschebone Send a message via MSN to Corporal Eschebone
I've not reviewed anything in a while.

Anyway, yeah. Good stuff. So relaxing. Would be well suited to bizarro What Is Love where they're traveling down a country road in a stereotypical antique chevy truck. All it'd need is a mean bassline.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Chris

Excellent work! Like DJP, I'm takin back to those long family road trips listening to CCR, Eagles, and yes John Denver. Very relaxing and solid piece. KEEP THE MUSIC COMIN! :D
Old 11-09-2005, 02:49 PM

Wonderful

Pretzel -

This is my first time posting. I've long been a fan of your work and of OCRemix in general, and I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all the work that everyone at this site does. Especially in the last few months the quality of most of the stuff that has been put out here has been staggeringly high, to the degree that I have largely stopped listening to many of my regular CDs in favor of OCRemixes.

As regards this latest Remix, I just wanted to congratulate you on what I consider your best song to date. Bravo.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Goomba (+100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBySpoon
Wow, very nice. It actually reminded me of some of the music from Chrono Cross.
Yeah exactly!!! When you say that folk isn't used in videogames Chrono Cross is your exception!

Anyway I love this remix it's very nostalgic and calm... I like the way it's not "sad" yet not "happy" either...

Tags
acoustic-guitar, folk, happy, strings