Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Damon Campbell
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

My brain is broken. I'm not able to describe how awesome this track is. I just cant find the words...

Beautiful work, as usual, sir!
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Red Mage (+400)

This acknowledges the weight of the burdens we all bear - and it does something to help lighten it.

He may be chibi, but he can kick your butt!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Ryan
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean about getting hit with a brick when this first plays. I haven't seen this part in ten years and yet I think I can still picture the sunset and the bell from Leene Square, with the ghosts of Crono and crew running around...

Anyway, very nice homage to that moment, and others we've lost. Some of Mitsuda's tunes are absolutely made for nostalgia, and I say it's okay to indulge in that from time to time. Thanks for giving us a fresh way to do so.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

I think I've played Chrono Cross maybe 5 to 6 times now, and that moment- the fight with Miguel and all it's implications, the mere ghosts of memories forever doomed to see the future but never continue into it, the everlong battle between those resigned to their fates and those who yet defy it. I can recall every single detail, poignant as they were, of that scene. It was one of (four now- MGS3/4 and Valkyria Chronicles being the others) scenes in a video game that made me cry.

This piece takes me all the way back once more.

Mitsuda's work on Chrono Cross is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of VG music compositions. While one may argue that some games have more technically complex songs or one or two really BIG songs, every piece in CC's collection has emotional attachment and the ability to transcend the location it frames. Your remix has that same quality, and for that I applaud you.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM

Ever since I first got it back in 2003 I've been using the Chrono Cross OST as my constant source background music for doing schoolwork (17 times through so far this semester). This remix, however, is just too beautiful to use in that fashion. It causes one cease all else that he is doing and listen.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Andrew Struve
Octorok (+200)

This arrangement is just amazing. It gave me goosebumps. A lot of love went into this mix and I really appreciate it. Keep making great music Doug.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Stefan SchŘtz
Abobo (+600)

Like I said in a different thread, CC changed my life and I always listen to the soundtrack as often as I can. This piece was always one of my favorite tracks and the arrangement is awesome. Great work!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

This song starts out slow, but picks up eventually and winds down. It feels stretched out IMO and would have a better effect if condensed IMO, although this is an improv. I don't have too much else to say about it to be honest, it's a bit of a simple arrangement & pretty straightforward as far as songs go. I think it loses a lot of its heavy feel that the original has and doesn't endear as strongly as it, partly due to how long it is without enough variance.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Martin K.
Simon Belmont (+2500)

Send a message via AIM to Martin Penwald
DJP used the words "gorgeous" and "intimate" in his write-up, I think they are quite fitting. Very beautiful solo piano piece; one of the best on OCR IMO.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:38 PM

What happened at 3:31? Intentional dissonance?

Tags
mellow, piano, solo, solemn