Liontamer

ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

I used to really mind the wait because I could get a resub back in within a day, and I guess that's still the case, but I'm doing a lot less resubbing now so I dunno (at least until they catch up and my rude awakening that the songs are poo)

I purposefully didn't say, but all 3 steps are already in motion. Anastasia isn't involved, no.

Hee heee... that sounds like click bait.. "3 Easy Steps to Speed Up the Judge Panel"

Well whatever you're doing, it seems to be working! :nicework:

Edited by Brandon Strader

We ALL agree that it's ideal to provide feedback more quickly, and to that end it's always a good idea to get feedback via the workshop or from your friends or wherever BEFORE submitting.

This. This. THIS. :)

Hee heee... that sounds like click bait.. "3 Easy Steps to Speed Up the Judge Panel"

Well whatever you're doing, it seems to be working! :nicework:

Judges HATE this 1 weird trick to speeding up the panel!

Hey guys, I'm probably going to co-produce the 30-years NES tribute album and, well, I kind of like some advice on what to watch out for and some general advice about producing an album in general :-P If you guys want me to ask this question somewhere else that's fine with me, but seeing as you're actively encouring me to ask my questions here... :tomatoface:

Seriously, put them all in cans. I want to buy them and keep them in the pantry.

But but but... then they'll taste all gritty and grainy and stuff, like ye olde canned chicken.

HOW DARE!

So just out of curiosity, what would happen if a bridge in a song featured a few motifs from an anime theme song while the rest of the song (a good 95% at least) was a remix of game sources. Would that still be permissible?

So just out of curiosity, what would happen if a bridge in a song featured a few motifs from an anime theme song while the rest of the song (a good 95% at least) was a remix of game sources. Would that still be permissible?

Would have to hear everything in context. Any non-VGM usage should be limited.

Would have to hear everything in context. Any non-VGM usage should be limited.

As I figured, which is why it would be limited to the bridge/solo and nothing else haha.

I'm wondering if you guys have gotten my submission email yet? I submitted it on 8/12/2014 with the subject "Unknown Alias - Submission", but after 3 days I didn't get an auto-confirm email. I tried sending it again yesterday, but still no email in my inbox or junk. I sent both my emails to submissions@ocremix.org. Did I do something wrong at all? So sorry for the inconvenience or confusion.

Yep, we got both emails. I'm not sure why you didn't get the auto-confirmation email, but yeah the emails are there.

I'm wondering if you guys have gotten my submission email yet? I submitted it on 8/12/2014 with the subject "Unknown Alias - Submission", but after 3 days I didn't get an auto-confirm email. I tried sending it again yesterday, but still no email in my inbox or junk. I sent both my emails to submissions@ocremix.org. Did I do something wrong at all? So sorry for the inconvenience or confusion.

Are Kantai Collection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantai_Collection) remixes allowed here? Kantai Collection is a super popular browser game about WW2 era Japanese battleships personified as cute girls. It's pretty unknown in the west, but in Japan it's literally the biggest thing since Touhou. Here is a gameplay video:

And the music is catchy too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDVn0pg2EY

I asked the judges about it at Otakon, and they said probably yes, but weren't sure. I was wondering if a free to play browser game still counts.

Are Kantai Collection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantai_Collection) remixes allowed here? Kantai Collection is a super popular browser game about WW2 era Japanese battleships personified as cute girls. It's pretty unknown in the west, but in Japan it's literally the biggest thing since Touhou. Here is a gameplay video:
And the music is catchy too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDVn0pg2EY

I asked the judges about it at Otakon, and they said probably yes, but weren't sure. I was wondering if a free to play browser game still counts.

My, Yamamoto, you have some pretty ample main guns there....I've never seen a girl with more than two batteries though....

sorry, just HAD TO, I had a question too but when that came up...ahem, sorry.

My remix "Into the Sandstorm" appears in the "To be Posted - Project Mixes" queue but, as far as I know, it has never been part of that project! (I actually sent it to Fishy once and he didn't accept it for the album :-()

I'm guessing that's a mistake!

I can see Mechanical Salvation on the "recently rejected" list, but where can I find the decision?

Jivemaster will add some comments to his vote. Soon-ish.

My remix "Into the Sandstorm" appears in the "To be Posted - Project Mixes" queue but, as far as I know, it has never been part of that project! (I actually sent it to Fishy once and he didn't accept it for the album :-()

I'm guessing that's a mistake!

No, I ran it by Fishy after it passed and asked if the resubbed version was album-worthy, and we agreed it was. You have a spot on the FF9 album with the track if you'd like it. :-) Send a WAV to Fishy and/or me, if you'd like to be on.

What's the album tag OCRI stand for? I only see one album with that tag, and it's the second of that catalog classification

What's the album tag OCRI stand for? I only see one album with that tag, and it's the second of that catalog classification

Independent, i.e. independently developed w/o much OCR input, but submitted as an OCR album. It's a loose classification, but one meant to be to faster to prep and release for us internally. :-)

http://ocremix.org/album/54/audio-engineering-a-tribute-to-cid

http://ocremix.org/album/57/futebol-arte-world-cup-tribute-ep