OCR00944 - Sonic CD (JP) "Saturday Night Speedway"

djpretzel

Pretty cool. The rather high-octave bass is almost overwhelming. I rarely listen with headphones so the panning didn't bother me as much but I could still tell that the left speaker was doing most of the work. Due to my line of work (technician for motion picture theaters) I kept thinking that the analog soundhead was off laterally and I wanted to adjust it until the audio was perfectly in the center and then do a complete A-chain. But this is not that type of system, obviously. I also learned that DJP is a Democrat while downloading this mix. :)

This is completely opposite my style and taste..... And for some reason I have it on loop and full blast...... I think it's the way that the bass smooths everything together. It would be nice if some of the tracks were panned more right, to couteract the left panned bass and drums, but aside from that, no complaints.

Good stuff indeed...

Very nice, but WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too short.

I really love the phased pad work here, GY. I really didn't notice the panning too much, in fact I think there should be more variety in the pan works. It's a great mix of the StarDust Good Future from the Japanese soundtrack (The best of all original Sonic Soundtracks! The American version su......well it's decent..). Classic 808s, old school synth bass, the perfect techno for the early 90s. Give it up for Gecko Yamori!

I love the variation on this track, it's an eclectic mix of instruments (and styles to a certain extent), and yet it meshes together so well. I think the length is just about right, although it does seem to end rather abruptly though, which is a shame.

It's still fantastic though, I really enjoyed it. Yay. :)

Hey hey! This is a good song, I love how well done this mix was. There's some parts where he butchers the song and that hurts its overall quality. It's not too bad though, but noticable. The variation of instruments is good too, maybe someone should make another mix of this and change it up a bit to make a mix of this song better?

Okay Gecko, lets start! <songplayed> Kay! good stuff, Not a personal favorite of yours, but.. I do like a lot of elements used, the only major complaint was the panning. everything else is great, good atmosphere work :P

0:01 - Cool stuff here, everyones right about the bass line, its totally diggable. puts out a nice mellow groove.

0:30 - This is where problems start with the panning, its mainly the beat, everythings on the left, im not sure why (and yea, im listening in headphones) you did this, but.. I don't really like it at all, try to pan them all out seperately, id love to hear what this sounds like as this.

1:28 - Good work right here. This song does a great job of not getting boring, and even when the same lines of notes are repeated, it feels Suprisingly resistant to that sort of effect.

2:30 - The choice of instruments is really good by my taste. they all put out a nice mellow mood, do a great job of keeping things mixed, and present a lot of variety within themselves. Probably the best is the bassline, which one could practically listen to for hours.

2:45 - This is a pretty good example of how a fadeout Should be done, it fits the mood fairly well, and is handled very professionally, by my opinion. any longer and it might've gotten repetative, so i can see why its short.

I'm sorry, but I don't really know much about "synths" or anything like that. All I actually know is that this is a good ReMix. Just from listening. Man, I really should learn more about this musical stuff...

Anyway, the ReMix has a satisfying beat that, when [the remix] is finished, makes you wanna set the tune to "loop". I listen to remixes mostly through my headphones, and from what I heard a few people talking about, there is....something...to listen out for while listening through headphones. I have yet to hear that, though.

Nice overall Mix that is, well...nice. ^ ^

Final verdict... MY SCORE-- 8.7/10

(by the way, MAN, I LOVE THIS SITE!!)

It's a great mix of the StarDust Good Future from the Japanese soundtrack (The best of all original Sonic Soundtracks! The American version su......well it's decent..).

Erm...that IS the American version. Unless the PC version uses the Japanese soundtrack instead. Which actually might be possible, because I recognized the Palmtree Panic mix. O_o

Anyway...I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said. That IS a nice bassline...I found myself moving to it without even noticing. ^_^;; An great remix of an already awesome song. It's good to have a ReMixer that appreciates the greatness that is the Sonic CD (AMERICAN) soundtrack. ;)

So can you do Metallic Madness next? Please, GeckoYamori, you're our only hope!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh baby that's smooth. I love this song. Nice work Gecko, I don't know why but I have to say your sonic covers are at least 5 times better than your other stuff. I live for those kind of creepy ambient loops you opened with... it's not the effect as much as the chords I can tell, but it's the effects paired with it that make it genius. 9.5/10

I can't stop listening to this great remix... I love the intro sound, and how it comes back near the end of the song at 2:12, but it always seems like this song ends a little too soon. It's so great, though, and I'm always putting it on again, again, and again. Sweet (but short) mix; I give it a 9.5/10.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Heh, I remember having this song on my old Hard Drive... ah, yes... I played it every Saturday... Anyways, good job remixing my favorite Sonic Zone (all time periods, both US and Japan). The beat was good, and I liked the "Ahhhhhh..."ing (or whatever that was). Keep this up!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is swelltastic. It took its time to get itself going with that chiming synth, so I got glad when a trippy piano suddenly started to spread its magic. And the sax, it sounds strangely for real, and the bass that later comes into the picture really adds some more funky style to this arrangement.

I really liked this remix, it had a wide selection of samples and instruments, and everything ran smoothly. No complaints, at all. I give this one two thumbs and two toes up, everyone should give this a listen.

Edit: Oh, and Sweden rocks.

• 6 months later...

Basically almost exactly the same as the original.

Don't HATE this, it sounds great. However, the music for the Zones in Sonic CD are all basically variations on one melody. There's a "re-mix" for the past and future ALREADY, so there's only really so much you can re-mix, unless you can REALLY get creative...

Other than that, I really like it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00944 - Sonic CD (JP) "Saturday Night Speedway"