Orange Box - X360 or PC?

prophetik music

so, which should i get? and why?

i've got the pc version - well, it's someone else's copy, so i've gotta give it back now - and i'm debating between buying the haxbox version or the pc version.

pros and cons, please - i'm gonna make a list =)

pc:

everyone cheats on pc

mouse/keyboard = sex

xbox360:

have to use a controller =(

not as smooth as pc

The HL2 gameplay isn't nearly as smooth or comfortable on 360. TF2 you'll get by okay, but if you want to play through the single player stuff, you'll like it much better on the PC -- it just feels like it belongs there.

Note that this assumes you can run the Source engine games without a lot of lag etc.

Edit: PC version also gets the new maps, mod support, etc.

You might as well ask "Would I like to drink water or sewage?"

If you have a decent PC (and HL2 is a couple years old) I can't think of any reasons to play a console ver over PC, unless you chiefly want to play w/ your 360-owning friends or something. PC always = customine graphics/framerate, mods, cheaper game price, much better control options.

Uh, if you can run it on PC just get it on PC. :|

I agree, which is exactly why I got the 360 version. At the time I didn't have a computer capable of running it...though now that I do, I won't bother rebuying it since I got it exclusively for Portal.

Definatly PC, that way I won't have the option to poke fun at you mandatoraly for letting your self get locked out of a lot of custom content. *I'm looking at you 360 halo players lulz*

Plus the cheaters/hackers are not as prevalent as they used to be back in the old days. For the most part, most server admins are competent and are on top of bullshittery; usually taking care of the garbage asap. They never stay long enough to empty a server unlike the old days...

Might as well get it on PC since probably more people play it on that and most of OCR does as well (if you plan on playing with the lot of us).

PC just because you can use keyboard/mouse.

The mouse so far has been very annoying for me to use (general usage) - it has been giving me some wrist pain, and I wouldn't have chosen Orange Box for PC if not just for the benefit of playing with other OCRers for this reason alone.

I own it for 360.

I can say positively that you should get it for PC if it can handle it.

I personally prefer console (and a controller for that matter), but 360 users get shit on with updates.

I doubt we'll ever get the new TF maps, or patches that the game desperately needs. Ever been back stabbed by a spy while in your spawn point? Pisses me off...