OCR01728 - Jade Cocoon "Legend of Arcana ~ Tale of the Nagi"

djpretzel

Awesome for this song is a nice blend of the intro song from Akira and the Berserk Soundtrack...which are two of the best Anime OST's ever IMO.

:33 for the woodblock sound, def gives off a similar vibe to the Akira intro song. Ethnic percussion kicks ass!

The pacing and sound choices are excellent. Thank god the song wasn't squished with a maximizer, it would have killed the ambience. Def one of my favorite Anso tracks right up there with the BoF IV track.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering I'm a big fan of the original JC, i thought this remix is just the start, if you can do a remix of the Dark Spider Forest (Where Nagi is already a fairy in the cocoon) I would sing your praises for eternity. It's great to hear Great OCR's again.

Considering I'm a big fan of the original JC, i thought this remix is just the start, if you can do a remix of the Dark Spider Forest (Where Nagi is already a fairy in the cocoon) I would sing your praises for eternity. It's great to hear Great OCR's again.

Since I'm always trying to do more Jade Cocoon-remixes I will definitely keep that source in mind for my next one, even though it is a tricky source. Thank you.

Starting at 5:26 there's this crazy effect with an echo/reverb on the chimes (glockenspiel?) where it sounds like the echo is in surround sound; I can visualize the notes playing somewhere from distant parts in my head, not just in my ears where music is usually heard...

How on earth is that achieved? It's wonderful!

And overall I really dig the mix, that's just what sticks out as I listen to it now.

How on earth is that achieved? It's wonderful!

Two RV-7000 patches after eachother in a combinator with a harp and a glockenspiel layered as the main sound. The RV-700 patches are one reverb patch by Tom Pritchard (Stompp) with unlimited decay and a reverse delay that I took from one of the Flatpack ReFills and modified a bit to suit the rhythm of the track by syncing it to tempo and making it 1/3 long. Wow.. there should have been a pause in there somewhere.. but now you know :)

• 4 weeks later...

When a remix makes you want to play the game again, you know it's good. ANSO does his usual awesome-ness. Love the ethnic feel of this, reminiscent of the game. Palpable is right that the lead gets a little too haywire for my tastes, but it's nothing to turn me away from enjoying the mix, and it doesn't sound out of place.

Of the two JC mixes, I think I like PMOS better, but this one is still quite enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The source packs a somber enough melody, but man, when the first iteration plays here, my throat constricts in sorrow. Luckily, the music box and co. alleviate the pain before the next one. Mr. Soundscape sure isn't kidding when he says the song allows lots of room to play around, and the varied leads and arrangement pathways prove themselves most colorful. 3:23's all-out craziness is a satisfying payoff to the lengthy buildup. Also, if the lead synth at 4:12-5:01 were a human face, it would twist and pull itself into every conceivable expression known to man. Now that's flexibility!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01728 - Jade Cocoon "Legend of Arcana ~ Tale of the Nagi"