Vinyl Records

TheSnowStorm

IIT we talk about vinyl records and our love for them.

Are you a fan of vinyl records? Do you collect them? Do you even have a damn ideal what's a vinyl?

Well, I do have a couple of usable vinyl records in my house ranging from many Motown artists such as Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, etc. I myself enjoy the classic sounds of a vinyl and it amaze me how they could fit music on a plastic large disc such as a vinyl.

I have been collecting vinyl for a couple years now.

I have about 3-4 dozen classical records from various composers/orchestras. The pride of my collection is these Time Warner "Great Composers" series that have 4 records of that composers greatest works. I've got Stravinsky, Debussy, Prokofiev, and several others.

I also have many classic rock albums, including Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc.

I find it really hard to find good quality classical music on vinyl (since no one buys it). A couple months ago I found a really cool record shop but the guy had just GIVEN AWAY 90% of his classical stuff because it was taking up too much room (hundreds, 1000s of records). I was pissed.

I find it really hard to find good quality classical music on vinyl (since no one buys it). A couple months ago I found a really cool record shop but the guy had just GIVEN AWAY 90% of his classical stuff because it was taking up too much room (hundreds, 1000s of records). I was pissed.

I never imagine classical music on vinyl! I would be mad as well, you could had gotten something that nobody uses often.

New Musik, Pink Floyd, KRAFTWERK, I saw Thriller... My dad really had an enormous collection of (poorly treated mind you) vinyl records, 90% my mom gave away to good will or some kind of yard sale thing. I remember HAVING the wall on vinyl, but I can't find it anymore >=( .

Vinyl I've personally bought is Thomas Bangalter, DJ Flacon, and The Buffalo Bunch

I never imagine classical music on vinyl! I would be mad as well, you could had gotten something that nobody uses often.

Working at a thrift store, lemme tell you - the dealers pick out all the good records, and all they leave are basically three things: Christian country/folk, Neil Diamond, and Classical music. There is an overabundance of classical music on vinyl and nobody buys it because nobody listens to classical music, and the dealers think most of them are worthless. Actually, the pricey records are the ones imported from Japan or elsewhere. I've seen them go for a lot on eBay.

I did get some good stuff before the dealers got their hands on it:

-Steely Dan - Aja

-Rick Astley single

-Romeo & Juliet [the one by Prokofiev]

-Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe

-Star Wars orchestral album (plus the theme from 2001) - this thing looks like quite a collector's item actually!

-Yes - Close to the Edge

-Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth

all for a dollar each. That plus i got crates of stuff my parents owned.

Crate and a half full of drum & bass and a bit of some other electronic styles. My collection isn't that big right now, but I did recently buy an HDTV for myself.

My weirdest single/album has to be Tag Team and Addams Family - Whoomp! (the Addams Family remixes) Don't....buy it. It's terrible.