Sample Request

All right. What I need is a sample or soundfont of crowd noises: nothing too complex, but just some noise to start of my first actual project (i.e. I have an idea now of what I'm going to do). People happy, maybe even laughing, chattering excitedly. I may have a few voice samples to throw in. Basically, something like the crowd of commoners standing outside the castle just before the big ceremonial knighting. If possible, sounds of people "shh"-ing would also help, to resemble how they quite down as the ceremony begins. For an example, think the crowd noises from RollerCoaster Tycoon, or check out the very beginning of "Team Gato" in the Chrono Trigger mixes. Something like this would be very much appreciated, although I don't need it, as the mix would sound fine starting right into the snare rolls and trumpets, too.

EDIT: I just attempted to record some voice samples, but it's a no-go; my mic sucks and I can't get away from the background noises of the computer and air conditioning. Not to mention that the mic only works on a different computer than the one on which FL is installed. So, could anyone do some voices for me? One of a man saying, "I can't believe Glenn is being knighted!" And another of a woman saying "Wasn't he that creepy frog?" Italics, of course, should be emphasized or stressed in some way. It can be any sort of voice as long as they're normal - these are just random people in a crowd of dozens to hundreds of people, most of them from the middle or lower classes in the society.

Meanwhile, this computer still seems to decently record noises being played by it, so I'll see what I can do about recording my own clips of RCT or Team Gato for the crowd noises. If anyone happens to have any on hand, though, they would be most appreciated.

Damn. I have exactly what you're looking for, from Neverwinter Nights. The only problem is, they're in some weird format (It's just MP3 that's read by the game and I don't know how to make it regular MP3.) and also I have an extremely slow internet connection and have no way of uploading them. :/ Maybe someone with broadband and NWN can help you out.

Looking for some vox sounds, preferably soundfont. It should be dark, well suitable for ambient, preferably actually sounds like a choir.

And... what kinda leads do they use in ambient? Mostly pads, I think, but there has to be 1 or 2 leads that I could go with. For now, I'm stuck with this Flanger Saw... :(

EDIT: Ohh, Tubular bells would be nice too!

Whipsmack, if I could find what you're talking about, I would be deliriously happy. Unfortunately, there are no really excellent fiddle/violin sounds that I know of.

For a snare, check out Hammersound under percussion. They have some good army-type ones.

My request:

Beatles style male "Ahhhh" choir, or humming choir. :D! I'm not sure if this can be found, but maybe...

Which brings me to a question. Is it ok to sample from songs? Not whole songs or motifs or anything, but just individual notes (or more likely chords, for some instruments). I'm talking about ripping the Choir from some Renaissance-style choir music, ripping the strings from classical, ripping the "Ahhhh" choir from some song by the Beatles... even ripping whole drum loops from songs and cutting them up. Would you get into trouble for this (I don't really mean legal... I doubt that would happen)? What if it were unrecognizable? What if you *made* it unrecognizable? What if you layered it?

just look for an orchestra kit and usually they come with a snare roll (or a couple different snare rolls) and a snare drum (or a few different snare drums) and they are perfect for marching drum sounds.

If you find an orchestral kit with a snare in it, its almost always the military type sound... at least from my experience.

I know this is a little off topic, but...

I need a good MIDI editor, can someone tell me where to get one?

Cakewalk may not be the greatest thing in the audio recording department (in my opinion), they sure do know how to make MIDI sequencing a joy! I've used a ton of MIDI sequencing software, and I can tell you that of the ones I've used, Cakewalk can't be beat. Rather it's the old DOS version, the newer Windows updates to the software, or even SONAR, it's the best around.

http://www.cakewalk.com/

And if it's "free" you're looking for, I really don't know. Most of the free ones I've used are junk.

Which brings me to a question. Is it ok to sample from songs? Not whole songs or motifs or anything, but just individual notes (or more likely chords, for some instruments). I'm talking about ripping the Choir from some Renaissance-style choir music, ripping the strings from classical, ripping the "Ahhhh" choir from some song by the Beatles... even ripping whole drum loops from songs and cutting them up. Would you get into trouble for this (I don't really mean legal... I doubt that would happen)? What if it were unrecognizable? What if you *made* it unrecognizable? What if you layered it?

No. It's illegal, no matter how much of it you sample and how much you mangle it. If you want to do that, you have to get permission from the copyright holder (clearing samples, in other words. Bladerunner must be the most sampled movie of all time, and do you think that half the people who sampled from it cleared the samples? No ...). It might not be too hard to clear the samples, however.

I need a..."sparkle" sound. I dont know how to do it, or what you use to make it, but it is used in some adult contemporary music, and it is used in the opening of songs or measures.

Does anyone know what i am talking about?

IE: Kaijin's timeless heart on Vg ( http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=312 ) has it at about 9 seconds. The sparkle sound. How can i do it, or are there Sound fonts for it....

:lol: That would be a wind chime... you don't know what a wind chime is? Well, that should give you some help in terms of what you're looking for.

Rudra P, no idea. Sorry )=

Mr. Protone, can't help you either.

*MP*Evil_Cartman, check Liquid's site for his Jungle pack. There's some pretty good choppy Jungle stuff in there.

Ok, now to skulkrusha. Thanks for your reply! I thought it would be illegal, but I just can't really imagine how they could prove it actually was from what they said it was if you somehow eliminated all trace.

Ok, now to skulkrusha. Thanks for your reply! I thought it would be illegal, but I just can't really imagine how they could prove it actually was from what they said it was if you somehow eliminated all trace.

You never know when or how someone might recognise it, and if the copyright holder finds out, you could be in serious trouble. Honestly, if you're going to do it, you'd be better off just trying to get the samples cleared. Better safe than sorry, although if you're not going to distribute it, I suppose there wouldn't be much point. However ... Eliminate all trace? Why use the sample from the song, then? Unless it's an obscure sound, you can generally find most of the sounds from sample websites.

gotta go, thunderstorm :x

Ok now how about a Sephiroth soundfont? You know what I'm talkin about..... Threnthian style? You know with all of the different Sephy choirs? I'm sure that doesn't come with Fruity Loops....

Please don't confuse the word 'soundfont' with the term 'sample.'

Soundfonts are a specific file format (.sf2). Not all samples are soundfonts. :?