What headphones do you use?

Vitor Machado

Started out with the Grado SR60 which, IMO, is a headphone anyone would be pleased with. I went on to use Sennheiser's HD555 with a Headroom Total BitHead amp, which was fantastic for a few years until, recently, I managed to afford a pair of AKG K701. Absolutely phenomenal phones. Still need a good amp though...

BTW, I do all my headphone shopping at http://www.headphone.com mostly because their shipping headquarters is just south of me in Bozeman. Great site. Check it out.

So glad my ears aren't sensitive enough to tell between $500 and $50 gear.
C'mon, have you ever heard the $500 gear? :mrgreen:

Well I haven't hehe, but I can't believe these guys at Head-Fi can be so wrong/placebo-ed. :-P

Bem-vindo...
Obrigado!

Hope to post reviews to some of my favorite ReMixes soon...

Didn't this thread just happen recently
I don't know, sorry I should have used the Search to make sure... :-x
Honestly, anything around the $50 mark and up is going to be fine enough for anybody. It's the stuff like free pairs packed in with an MP3 player, or the dollar-store brands, that have the biggest quality issues.
I guess the $50 mark is where it starts to get interesting, but I'm sure there's still a lot to improve. From what I've heard, above the $300-$400 mark is where it just starts to become more subjective, a matter of taste...
Started out with the Grado SR60 which, IMO, is a headphone anyone would be pleased with. I went on to use Sennheiser's HD555 with a Headroom Total BitHead amp, which was fantastic for a few years until, recently, I managed to afford a pair of AKG K701. Absolutely phenomenal phones. Still need a good amp though...
What I fear about the Grados, is them being to bright. I have a phobia of sibilance (bad experience with these Philips HP250 I have), so I get afraid just by hearing something sounds "bright"...

Grados probably sound good, I'm just a little neurotic.:|

Hello everyone:!:

I've been around for a while at OC ReMix, just never decided to register (until today). My motivation was curiosity: I would like to know, what headphones/DAC/amps do you people use? Being you a ReMixer or not... :-)

I am about to get a HotUSB1 USB DAC and a Denon D1001, so I just got curious about the subject. :-P

Headphones: AKG, Koss, Bose; preamp/Interface: M-Audio Fast Track Pro; speakers: good ol' Fisher; amp: Aiwa, Bose

saltlight, you don't have to quote the first post you know

if you're not quoting anyone, it's generally accepted that you're either responding to the OP or the post preceding yours

anyway I use Sennheiser PX200's

this is my third pair out of the PX*00 series I've bought and I just love them

People usually say the PX100 is better than PX200, what do you think about that?

They use the same drivers.

The PX100's are open while the PX200 are closed. So the 100's are better for indoor (and areas of low sound concentration) usage, whilst the 200's, being closed, can deliver sound better while you're outside.

It's a choice of preference mostly, but the 100's do have a slight edge simply by the virtue of being open.

The only downside to this series is that they sit on your ear. If they made a circumaural version I'd buy it so hard.

Meh, i use the $50 skullcandy because every pair of headphones i own has a habit of breaking after three months.

I thought this was the fanart thread though...maybe we can make it both by creating ultimate OCR Tan! If that's allowed ofcourse, since she's technically not a videogame character.