VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Did you tell him it's "Unleash"?

Totally schooled on English by a Dutch guy.

Happens almost daily. It's sad that a foreigner speaks better English than an American.

It might be even sadder if I added that my English is on par with or better than my Dutch half the time.

Did you tell him it's "Unleash"?

Totally schooled on English by a Dutch guy.

Happens almost daily. It's sad that a foreigner speaks better English than an American.

It might be even sadder if I added that my English is on par with or better than my Dutch half the time.

it's well known that Dutch people are amazingly good at English, that's almost your second official language.

It's sad that a foreigner speaks better English than an American.

I think it's sadder that he thought it would be a good idea to save that as a GIF.

• 2 weeks later...
It's sad that a foreigner speaks better English than an American.

I think it's sadder that he thought it would be a good idea to save that as a GIF.

The bigger travesty? Smoke hasn't sent us Americans any Dutch marijuana. Not that I even want any, but it would be a kind gesture to be sure.

Hahaha...I can't imagine Liontamer high on "Dutch tobacco". I've never really seen him even tipsy..damn his high alcoholic tolerance!

But for the edification of the community I submit the following re-enactment of a possible conversation with Liontamer were he to be under the influence of any intoxicating substance.

ThatPaige: Hey snookywookums, what's up?

Liontamer: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy baaaaabbbbyyyyy.

::Liontamer Staggers towards ThatPaige and trips on the carpet::

ThatPaige: Wow, looks like somebody isn't getting enough oxygen to the brain. Why don't you sit down next to me.

Liontamer: Meow! Hey, hey! Hey...Hey Baaaaaaaaabbbbyyy if you got any questions for me you should ask me now.....baaaaaaaaabbbbbyyyyyy. Meow!

::Liontamer leans his head on ThatPaige's shoulder and slowly rolls his head towards the wall, banging it slightly::

I would point the audience's attention to the

fact that Liontamer would be "meowing" as a

small cat rather than "rawwwrrring" like the,

ahem, "Lion" he is.

ThatPaige: Hmmm. Ok. Do you love me?

Liontamer: I loooooooooove GrayLightning.

ThatPaige: I thought you loved me!

Liontamer: I looooooooooove Chip and Dale's Rescue Adventure the video game! YEAH!!!!

::ThatPaige pushes Liontamer off the couch where he crawls and lolls around on the floor. For the next part of the conversation he is talking facing the floor.::

ThatPaige: I thought you loved me, you bastard!

Liontamer: I loooooooooooove Batman!

ThatPaige: Fine, go make love to your BatmanTAS dvd collection then. I'll admit it was why I got with you in the first place, but now I see it can only come between us...

::ThatPaige gets up and leaves Liontamer telling the floor all the other things he loves.::

Liontamer: I looooove Funky Monkey Love, and I looooove Gran Turismo ReMix....

Liontamer: I looooooooooove Chip and Dale's Rescue Adventure the video game! YEAH!!!!

I'd just like to point out that this is a perfectly valid feeling for any rational person to have.

Which means that Larry having it would be cause for alarm.

I don't feel like making a whole new thread, so I'll use this classic, which desperately needs a bump.

Does anybody know if there's anyone who is keeping a master list or database of game remixes across the Internet?

I know OCR and VGMix aren't the only places to find music. There's also RKO, Dwelling of Duels, cover bands, IMCs, PRCs, doujins, and other stuff I can't even think of or don't know about. It makes it difficult when I want one definitive place to grab every Mega Man 2 remix (for example).

If a resource like this exists, please direct me. If it doesn't exist, someone should get cracking on making it.

I don't feel like making a whole new thread, so I'll use this classic, which desperately needs a bump.

Does anybody know if there's anyone who is keeping a master list or database of game remixes across the Internet?

I know OCR and VGMix aren't the only places to find music. There's also RKO, Dwelling of Duels, cover bands, IMCs, PRCs, doujins, and other stuff I can't even think of or don't know about. It makes it difficult when I want one definitive place to grab every Mega Man 2 remix (for example).

If a resource like this exists, please direct me. If it doesn't exist, someone should get cracking on making it.

I don't think there's any centralized place. But Larry has the hook-up on every single remix ever created, so I suggest stealing his Winamp playlist.

Also, I protest this poll for not having an "All of the Above" selection.

I don't think there's any centralized place. But Larry has the hook-up on every single remix ever created, so I suggest stealing his Winamp playlist.

Also, I protest this poll for not having an "All of the Above" selection.

A place such as that would take a hell of a lot of effort. Sure, you can gather up all the tracks from OCR, VGMix and all the C64/Amiga sites, but then you'd have to find out what each one was covering (which here at least isn't complete). Then think of all the Japanese sites like SSH, Levo Lution, Quasar, et al, and translating them. For the competitions such as IMC you may have to provide your own hosting too.

Nearest thing to a central for VG remixes at the moment is ThaSauce. Otherwise just let Larry do all the work, or at least when he actually releases another

As the "lady" in question in the poll, with regards to the poll options of poisonous campbell's soup and fine dining at McDonalds...the only thing poisonous larry has ever given me to eat was probably some chilli with prunes he made last year while we were watching Clerks on television 8O . He might try to vehemently deny this claim, but could you imagine a hot chick like me actually putting prunes in chili??? I mean Larry smells anyway...he has nothing to loose! As for McDonalds, Larry knows that if he really wants to score bonus points, we don't go to McDonalds...we go to Wendy's so I can get a sexual frosty. :P

PS--I could take Chyna down anytime, I have flabs of steel!

If you don't know anymore where you can find the torrents:

http://www.studio-compyfox.de/torrent

I recommend to seed as much as possible so that an additional FTP or HTTP folder isn't needed. At least in my opinion.

I continue to seed these episodes on a regular basis, just for anyone's information. I'm actually not seeding at the moment, but this should rarely happen.