Orange Box is 10$ on Steam this Weekend

prophetik music

I have to join steam... ughh.. This better be worth it.

There's probably no better way to start up a Steam account.

The deal's a bargain. Any one of those games for $10 is a Steal, but ALL FIVE of them!?

The sucky thing is that I bought Orange Box for $20 AUD from some budget cd-keys website, and now VALVe comes out with this, heh. Well, $20 was still a steal, so I can't complain.

And this was so worth making a new thread about it.

The hell are you complaining about :|

Some people either can't get past Steams initial release issues, or think it's like every other companies DRM. It's not, and I'd go so far as to say it's hands down the best online distribution system around.

If for some reason you have yet to play HL2, and/or Portal, you've officially ran out of excuses. Even though HL2 came out years ago, I only played through it last year and was still thoroughly impressed. It also still has one final expansion due out sometime... not sure if it's even soon actually, not sure why it's taking so long, but after the cliffhanger at the end of episode 2, it will still be a must have whenever it does come out.

As for Portal, it's gotta be the coolest game I've played in the last few years, $10 might as well be free, do it, and do it now!

Steam is an excellent software delivery system, you won't be disappointed by that either, once you've purchased something, you can download it anywhere, anytime.

It does... that's how I've purchased the 20 or so odd games I have on my Steam account.

:)

ORLY. Well then Halt, I'll gift you an orange box on the conditions that #1 you give me your steam account name, and #2 that you come play tf2 on the OCR server. :D

Thanks Red. lol

ORLY. Well then Halt, I'll gift you an orange box on the conditions that #1 you give me your steam account name, and #2 that you come play tf2 on the OCR server. :D

Thanks Red. lol

My laptop Lags out on public servers. Not sure about the OCR Server. I'd have to redownload and try. Although system Req Labs Says I CAN run it, every server I tried, lagged me out, or cause of my high ping rate. Not sure If I could play on the OCR Server

Steam name: MagnumRage

I've been given word, that I should be able to play on the OCR Server, Redownloading now.

Some people either can't get past Steams initial release issues, or think it's like every other companies DRM. It's not, and I'd go so far as to say it's hands down the best online distribution system around.

Quoted for truth. I haven't found a game delivery system better than Steam. I was skeptical at first, but seriously, it's worth it.

HL2 = worth $50

HL2 ep.1 = worth $25

HL2 ep, 2 = worth $25

TF2 = Worth $100

Portal = Worth $35

Getting them all for only $10, = $10 (and you thought I was gonna say priceless...)

I may have exaggerated a bit, but they're incredible games, all of them. Take this deal and avoid my mistake, I bought most of them separately and spent like $30 more than I had to, and I still don't have HL2 ep. 2, but it was still worth it.

Even if you don't like online FPSes, Portal itself is worth the $10, even as meme-y as it's become. No excuses people.

Well, here's one excuse unfortunately. Their site doesn't take APO addresses, which is annoying. I could contact my bank to change the address, but that them two days to complete, which is ridiculous. Anyway, I contacted Steam's support and hope they can help me out. I'm definitely buying it if the issue gets resolved.

UPDATE: WOOHOO! I found a workaround. I selected Germany, which allowed me to fill in AE as a state, and the billing process worked. Happy happy happy!