OCR 600x600 album art request

Liontamer

This isn't just the usual, "I want some album art suggestions" thread. Part of my goal of eventually representing the individual OC ReMixes is having everything embedded with official album art. Now even if djp surfaces and comes up with something, I'd rather light a fire under him and see what the community can come up with. Maybe he'll give the OK to someone's art if it really clicks.

Ultimately I think djp would prefer something like the OCR headphones logo and font, and the silver colors, and not involving game characters (OCR-tan is cool though). However, since we're not giving out any source images right now, feel free to go in whatever direction you want and we'll see what sticks. Going above 600x600 is fine, but don't go over the top.

Whatever's good, maybe I can add it to our Wiki as an official or alternate album cover, with credit of course.

Thanks to anyone who takes time out to create something great!

Since no logos or other source materials were provided, feel free to use these samples to help you along:

Photoshop users: You can download a PSD with a high-resolution vector of the logo (http://ramaserv.thasauce.net/Misc/OCR%20Logo%20MASK.psd), along with a few other controller options (such as Dual Shock, Genesis, & Zapper) [Filesize = approx 15MBs] (if anyone can/wants to convert this file for use in PSP too, that'd be great.)

The font used in the OverClocked ReMix logo is call 'Iomonoid" and can be downloaded for FREE @ dafont.com (http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=arkanoid&page=1&nb_ppp_old=10&text=OverClocked+ReMix&nb_ppp=10&classt=alpha)

He needs album art so that instead of having a blank album art showing in your iTunes or on your iPod, zune, or other media you use to listen to OCRemixes, you can instead have album art that represents OCR. That's what he wants it for.

I might step up on this if I have some time this week.

The time is right once again.

I've had my own images for a long time already, starting with Doug's template and layering new effects and adding different color schemes when the mood struck me to change it up. It's the same layout that's been the basis for the "member" cards and the recent video project. I then intended to make new album art in the style of that video, as long as I had these new pics to work with, so this thread was the kick I needed.

ocremix-album-folder.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I like the premise here myself, though I'd probably make the overall look darker. I know Dave wanted some sort of modifications, because he wasn't feeling this initial design, but I can't seem to get more info than that. Feel free to nag him, José, so we can move forward. Thanks a lot for coming up with a solid first cut; you did such a badass job with the YouTube video that I know official album art could be good in your hands.

• 3 weeks later...
Just tossing in my two cents. I really like the one Gollgagh showed.

I do like that too, as far as the color scheme goes, but Jose's hit you with the info a lot better. Getting Dave to give me feedback on what he would tweak with José's art is like pulling teeth (i.e. he's busy and this, understandably, isn't a top priority). That said, I'mm nag Dave though so we can move fwd with something this summer.

I also like Jose's work... but something about the headphones and gamepad are unsettling - maybe it's the gradient. Would a thin outline help it?

And I don't like the orange outline on http://www.ocremix.org - I think it should be a black that matches the "Overclocked Remix" text color. It blends in with the gamepad reflection. Actually, fixing this might make everything else fine.

edit: and maybe a white glow like the OCR logo.

Just suggestions.