Ever hear an OC ReMix in "real life"?

Mr Azar

Well... this one day me and two of my friends decided to go on a hike. When we got to the top of the hike we sat around and decided to play though Secret of Mana with 3 players. After playing for a few hours I suddenly realize that we were listening to an OCRemix that was from the Secret of Mana soundtrack... and just happened to be in that zone too.

I think it was Zeratul's track. I only remember because this was two weeks ago and it was awesome to realize that we were essentially playing the game with the OCRemix soundtrack running (at least for that zone). Hmmm... still need to sit down and finish that.

Define "real life." I mean, I definitely heard a couple of OCRemixes played live at a wedding a couple weeks ago, but I don't think that counts.

Excluding OCR-related gatherings and things that have been my own doing (ie my girls doing floor routines to OCRemixes), I don't think I've ever heard any remixes in the real world.

My hometowns local radio station lets anyone who knows how come in and DJ, and I've definitely played OCRemix doing my shows.

On a side note, I happen to know personally that a famous author listens to OCRemix while he writes and recommends OCRemix to anyone that asks. How cool is that!

haha i've always wished that would happen. i have two ocr bumper-stickers on my car in hopes that someone will eventually take notice :tomatoface:

haha, I do the same thing!

Well, I used to work at a dollar store where I would play OC ReMixes for everyone to hear, but no one ever recognized the music (exceptions being a couple friends who came in to visit).

About the coolest random game music experience was at a Giant Eagle near my college, when I heard the Viper Manor music from Chrono Cross start playing over the loudspeaker.

I always play 31 Seconds really loud, I wear my OCR T-Shirt whenever I travel in hope that I will actually meet someone who knows more about it than I do (when I say meet, I mean in person). I do my best though to spread the word of the awesomeness of OverClocked ReMix using my blog (http://www.reoganworks.blogspot.com/) and by just generally playing music really loud. I try, but I've yet to hear anything regarding OCR in "real" life.