So I bought a Blu Ray player....

Toadofsky

Yeah, Black Friday had a deal I couldn't pass up. It's a Samsung Blu Ray player (about a 150 bucks), I already have an HDMI cable for my tv that does about 720p or so resolution.

I was just wanting to know if any of you have one, and what movies you could recommend that really makes the quality stand out.

I already bought the new Star Trek on a regular dvd, so I probably won't rebuy that movie (at least until it's 10 bucks on Blu Ray if even then).

You should've gotten a PS3;

You can play games, the online is free and you can do 1080p.

But The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray has fantastic quality, and so does Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete Edition (It has like 20 more minutes of movie content, as well and the visual effects in some scenes were changed, like the entire Seph vs. Cloud fight their swords glow blue)

What if he already has a PS3? Ever think about that?

He'd probably already have some Blu-Ray movies then.

Anyway, definitely go for the movies you already like, though some of the better looking movies I've seen in HD include 300 and the last two Bond movies.

He'd probably already have some Blu-Ray movies then.

Anyway, definitely go for the movies you already like, though some of the better looking movies I've seen in HD include 300 and the last two Bond movies.

I considered a PS3 for some time, but there's very few games I would play on it. Not to mention that I only like keeping track of one console (my nintendo wii), I spend enough time playing it.