OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"

I don't know what people are saying about this 11 minutes thing. I just downloaded it again(as I downloaded it the day it was put up). and it's stil 7'22... *shrugs*

Anyway, I've always loved the mixture of Techno and Orchestral. This song definately rivals some of Star Salzman and Scott Peeples mixing. Both of which I'm huge fans of. It's great to see that people are still creating more of the mix I like. techno and orchestral together. Techestral? =/

Disco Dan...you have no idea how many whole-hearted Zelda fans completely love you right now. Triforce Majeure, while not the best Zelda ReMix, is definitely on the Top 5 list after the first listen. And that says a lot. My one gripe, which isn't even that bad, is that the song could have ended at about 7:46. But because of the extra few minutes, it's not really playlist material. I mean, I put it on my favorite's list regarldess, just because it's that damn good, but big 11:10 songs usually don't get along well with the other kids..er, mixes, and like to steal all the attention. However, even though it does keep going, I like the way it does just build suspense and has the climactic orchestra hits yet again, just for the people saying, "Just one more time, please!?". If it weren't for the length, it'd be a 10/10. But since you did manage to make the song rise yet again and then die down the same way, just minutes later, I'll give you a 9/10. Friggin brilliant.

Disco Dan...you have no idea how many whole-hearted Zelda fans completely love you right now. Triforce Majeure, while not the best Zelda ReMix, is definitely on the Top 5 list after the first listen. And that says a lot. My one gripe, which isn't even that bad, is that the song could have ended at about 7:46. But because of the extra few minutes, it's not really playlist material. I mean, I put it on my favorite's list regarldess, just because it's that damn good, but big 11:10 songs usually don't get along well with the other kids..er, mixes, and like to steal all the attention. However, even though it does keep going, I like the way it does just build suspense and has the climactic orchestra hits yet again, just for the people saying, "Just one more time, please!?". If it weren't for the length, it'd be a 10/10. But since you did manage to make the song rise yet again and then die down the same way, just minutes later, I'll give you a 9/10. Friggin brilliant.

Maybe you need to amend it to 10/10, I think the timing is just screwed (in my playlist window it says 15:45) but the actual track length I'm sure is only 7:19 (unless this varies or something strange).

Pardon my lack of propriety, but before hearing this song I could not accurately equate music to orgasm. I still cannot, mind you, but this came pretty dang close. My compliments to Dan and I look forward to hearing more of your work in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Matrix + Zelda = This

I love how the drums are so painfully repetitive, but it's still awesome. It's like it needs to repeat that much. That's a good thing, if you were wondering.

Excellent ReMix.

-chth

Edit: The reason some of you (including me) are getting the song to be 11 minutes long is that it's iencoded in VBR (Varying Bit Rate). That messes with some media players.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this remix blew my mind when I heard it. I had just rediscovered OC Remix and this was one of the first songs I listened to. It convinced me to get an account and start reveiwing. The ochestratal parts of this song are so awesome. Evertone has to download it just to hear its awesomeness.

There's just one thing I want to say. I just recently re-beat LoZ: The Wind Waker and this song was in that game right after you beat the final boss. Is this song also in Zelda 3 or was it just a mistake. I'm just curious. This song is so great that it doesn't even really matter anyway.

Many people have described this arrangment as, 'Epic'; and I can't disagree. It is definitely that. This mix starts out good and ends great.

As for persons who were comparying this arrangment to Mcvaffe's at the first or middle of this thread...well I really did enjoy them equally despite wether or not people think that is possible.

The Darkness and the light had a much different feel to it. It had some incredible piano solos/sections in the which were so incredible I actually had to close my eyes. They are definitely different and they are definitely both incredible.

Disco Dan, how do you do it?

There's just one thing I want to say. I just recently re-beat LoZ: The Wind Waker and this song was in that game right after you beat the final boss. Is this song also in Zelda 3 or was it just a mistake. I'm just curious. This song is so great that it doesn't even really matter anyway.

yup, it was originally in zelda 3. It was the theme for hyrule castle–they brought it back in WW because you were in hyrule castle for the last part of the game–it was just all underwater and weird.

anyway, this is a great remix. Good samples, a catchy base rhythm and huge orchestra swells... I'm humming it all day after listening to it once.

this song is terriffic, i reccomend it to everyone...

ok that aside for the song's page here's my reply to the previous post. this song is indeed in zelda 3 and the windwaker, the original being Zelda 3. it is a mix of the castle theme. This song is indeed used and heavily modified for windwaker. if you'll notice the theme from the Hyrule (sp?) castle in windwaker, the main theme from the Zelda 3 song is in it. the song's just a LOT diffrent. i haven't had the pleasure of beating WindWaker as i rented it and had to take it back just as i approched the last dungeon. so i'm not sure about the version at the end :D

Hey I felt really compelled to rate this song since its so unique.

Its like some sorta orchestral techno, and its like my new favorite song even though the Megaman series is my favorite series.

I may be paranoid, but at first I thought it was a Megaman song (like that one song in MMX3...) but I'm just paranoid, cuz I heard people killing Peco Pecos and dropping chipped gems while I was outside O_O

This Remix is incredible. To say the truth, I was a little sleepy when I first listened to it : the POWER in it definitely woke me up !

It reminds me of progressive rock, I don't know exactly why, that's a feeling I have.

This song would perfectly suit the next Zelda (GameCube), it symbolizes the word "EPIC" !

Thanks a lot. By the way, how can we call this style ? "Orchestral Techno" ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"