Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

So, uh... Did anyone actually bother to download the costume pack?

I had a few good matches today. People kept ripping me up with Akuma and Zero, though. Interestingly, Akuma and Zero were on 4 of the 5 teams I faced. The one that didn't have them together still had just Zero.

Apparently we're not gonna see any character announcements for a while, if Capcom's official site is anything to go by.

except there is no newbie frustration in basketball since the better players tend to play amongst themselves

Has little less than jack shit to do with the point I was making, which has a lot more to do with getting paid to waste time on what a bunch of people may think is a stupid game, as opposed to doing something "productive" like finding the cure for cancer or something.

Is today "deconstruct every analogy so we can avoid owning up to the original point" day?

except there is no newbie frustration in basketball since the better players tend to play amongst themselves

Yes because we all know that every single basketball player is as good as Michael Jordan and Lebron James. Regardless of the competition, there are always winners and there are always losers. People who don't want to be losers have to practice to get better.

Now me? I'm a huge loser (at MvC3, and sometimes at life :P ), but I don't play for competition, I play for fun. So losing isn't a big deal to me. If you get your panties in a bunch because you got pwned online, then man up and start practicing and learning the game mechanics and characters. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Has little less than jack shit to do with the point I was making, which has a lot more to do with getting paid to waste time on what a bunch of people may think is a stupid game, as opposed to doing something "productive" like finding the cure for cancer or something.

Is today "deconstruct every analogy so we can avoid owning up to the original point" day?

You seem to think everyone should just listen to your points while you completely ignore theirs. PriZm has a valid point as well.

JILL LOOKS AWESOME

Yes because we all know that every single basketball player is as good as Michael Jordan and Lebron James. Regardless of the competition, there are always winners and there are always losers. People who don't want to be losers have to practice to get better.

Now me? I'm a huge loser (at MvC3, and sometimes at life :P ), but I don't play for competition, I play for fun. So losing isn't a big deal to me. If you get your panties in a bunch because you got pwned online, then man up and start practicing and learning the game mechanics and characters. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Now hold the phone. Where did PriZm say or even imply that every player is that good? Who wins or loses is somewhat irrelevant to the point.

and wtf good is cake if you can't eat it?

Now hold the phone. Where did PriZm say or even imply that every player is that good? Who wins or loses is somewhat irrelevant to the point.

and wtf good is cake if you can't eat it?

His "point" was that n00bs don't get crushed in basketball, which is completely false. There is always a spectrum of skill from best to worst. If you want to play easier opponents, Arcade Mode is always available. No use bitching about players who are good at the game.

And you can have cake, and you can eat it. But once you eat it, you don't have it anymore. That's the point.

Cake=Competitive game

Eating It=Make sure all skill levels will win

You can have a competitive game, and you can make all skill levels win. But then you don't have a competitive game anymore.

You can have a competitive game, and you can make all skill levels win. But then you don't have a competitive game anymore.

I used to play basketball as I'm sure many people reading this have. I can not recall a time playing against a team that was light years ahead of us in a competitive match. The Chicago Bulls are not going to be pit against a bunch of school kids for example. Noobs do get crushed, but his point still stands.

The same is not true in video games. The only way you can pit players of equal skill against each other is by watching them. The game itself can't really do that. That's why you run into so many n00bs getting totally destroyed and discouraged.

I disagree that if all skill levels are winning you don't have a competitive game. I think that's actually backwards. You don't have a competitive game if one player is totally destroying the opponent to the point where there IS no competition. Which is the thing people in this thread have been trying to say but only slammed for sucking at the game. A spectrum of worst-best is great, just make sure everyone is playing people within their rank.

Again, I'm just a bastard trying to stir up trouble =P

I used to play basketball as I'm sure many people reading this have. I can not recall a time playing against a team that was light years ahead of us in a competitive match. The Chicago Bulls are not going to be pit against a bunch of school kids for example. Noobs do get crushed, but his point still stands.

The same is not true in video games. The only way you can pit players of equal skill against each other is by watching them. The game itself can't really do that. That's why you run into so many n00bs getting totally destroyed and discouraged.

I disagree that if all skill levels are winning you don't have a competitive game. I think that's actually backwards. You don't have a competitive game if one player is totally destroying the opponent to the point where there IS no competition. Which is the thing people in this thread have been trying to say but only slammed for sucking at the game. A spectrum of worst-best is great, just make sure everyone is playing people within their rank.

Again, I'm just a bastard trying to stir up trouble =P

while i still don't agree with you i can sympathize with what you're saying, in sports and such there are 'divisions' if you will, middle school kids play middle school kids, high school to high school, etc. and in video games these divisions are only made by the games experience by your performance. which is why people start out getting so demolished. i can understand that.

but i do not agree with the idea that a competitive game is one that levels the playing field for all participants. that's what chutes and ladders is for, its fun and even if you play every day your whole life it doesn't make you better. but 'competitive' events like sports and fighting games aim to prove who's better the same way a real fight is meant to prove who's superior. i think we all know if you get in a fight in real life there's no rules to even the playing field

while i still don't agree with you i can sympathize with what you're saying, in sports and such there are 'divisions' if you will, middle school kids play middle school kids, high school to high school, etc. and in video games these divisions are only made by the games experience by your performance. which is why people start out getting so demolished. i can understand that.

this is actually what my point was

EDIT: i can understand that it is annoying for skilled players to be constantly insulted about having "no life" and being called "cheap" for using tactics that work well and are valid options, but you have to realize that it is annoying as well for newbies to be demolished when trying to just play the game casually and not caring about learning all its intricacies

I enjoyed them from when I hacked them on the PS3. They were fun and Jill got polished up a bit from what's on the disc. More voices, some graphical polish, etc. And I had a lot of fun with Shuma too.

I'm set to go for the PS3 since I have the special edition but I'll be buying them on the 360 also.