South Africa World Cup 2010!

Deathtank

EXCELLENT game. Well deserved win by Spain, both teams played their heart out, but Spain played their game like they have been playing the whole time. Ball control. Ball Control. Ball control.

The Netherlands did everything they could, but in the end they got a well-deserved 2nd place.

GG by everyone, and FINALLY grats to España.

Er... no it wasn't. Sorry.

The second pass (where they showed the line) obviously was onside. The initial pass was almost definitely offside, even though Iniesta didn't receive the ball, he was in an advantageous position, so the call should have been made at that point.

Red card was awarded for a pretty obvious dive, a corner kick got turned into a goal kick for some reason, shitty ref etc.

Terrible game overall. Spain didn't look nearly as impressive as they did against Germany, and Netherlands just fouled way too much. Definitely not fun to watch. Honestly, Germany - Uruguay would have made for a better final.

The second pass (where they showed the line) obviously was onside. The initial pass was almost definitely offside, even though Iniesta didn't receive the ball, he was in an advantageous position, so the call should have been made at that point.

But that's not how the rule works, you're only offside when you become active, and you only become active by receiving the ball or blocking another player, for the first pass he did netiher so he was never offside

Red card was awarded for a pretty obvious dive, a corner kick got turned into a goal kick for some reason, shitty ref etc.

Terrible game overall. Spain didn't look nearly as impressive as they did against Germany, and Netherlands just fouled way too much. Definitely not fun to watch. Honestly, Germany - Uruguay would have made for a better final.

Basically

30 more years of butt-hurt starting right now :<

This ^ honestly.

I ONLY saw the overtime, so maybe I missed the good bits of the game. But what I DID see was pretty awful.

Definitely not fun to watch. Honestly, Germany - Uruguay would have made for a better final.

(again from what I saw) This game was on par with baseball for entertainment as far as I'm concerned.

Rofl, the ref was being SO kind to you guys. What was it 12 yellow cards for holland? There were pretty solid cases for at least 2 more red cards for holland, the ref just really didn't want to send anyone off cause it was a final. The refs did a great job in this game for once considering how violent both teams were being in general. That corner kick was the only bad call.

I wanted holland to win but they shitted on their two amazing chances and generally tackled like idiots. You can't blame the ref for this one, not by a long shot.

10rjzvs.gif

I'll see your kid, and raise you this one.

2e5r3mv.jpg

Back on topic. Uruguay vs Germany would've made a better final. And regarding that handplay from Suarez in their match against Ghana - football should have something similar to goaltending in basketball. You stop the ball going into the net by using your hands / arms, the opposition gets their goal, and you get a red card.