OCR00362 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Launchface GO!"

Saunders

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Launchface GO!'

Oooh, another bass and beat heavy Jivemaster tune, are all his tunes this cool? Okay, I'm not a big fan of this particular mix, but I think that's the original song at work there, Jivemaster does a high quality mix of this tune with a buzzy bass sample and some interesting percussion. If you're a fan of Jivemaster then grab this tune.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I like the drums and the synths, but am not really digging the bass sound. Actually, the production is really nice on this, but the song itself seems 'meh' to me. I think it's just the source tune.

After listening to the original, I am appreciating this mix a lot more, as it improves greatly upon the source, though it still isn't a favorite.

• 1 year later...
Has a Jazz Jackrabbity feel to it. Which is good, IMO. In any case, Bravo.

How creepy that I just reviewed the sole Jazz Jackrabbit song on this site (posted way after this comment was posted, also). Weird.

The song is a bit too...buzzy for me. I feel like there's a coin on my desk that's being rattled by the bass, the entire time. It's annoying, honestly, after too long.

From previous reviews, the mix is apparently an improvement from the original, but it's nothing that I would go out of my way to listen to. Improving on a source can only go so far. Nothing it really bad that I can pinpoint, it just doesn't hold my attention overall.

• 3 months later...

eh,

I don't really like how there isn't much of an intro; it's like "Wham!" then music.

It's also too "white noise"-y for me.

It's does have an interesting techno beat to it though.

It improves on the original but doesn't expand on it, which is one of the negative aspects of this mix.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This mix sounds overall great. The snare really doesn't get my goat going like I would have wanted: something about the lack of "pop" and extra reverb feels weird, but besides that I love what you did here. After a little while I feel like some stereo-play would have been good, cause it starts to sound really mono-reliant. You chose the synths very well though. Overall, I think it would fit very comfortably into a sonic soundtrack.:-o

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00362 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Launchface GO!"