Twilight Princess - Life of a Bowling Pin

Lemonectric

• 1 year later...
This is great! Arrangement, originality and creativity get 5 stars. Love what you did with Link's scream and the name!

Maybe at the end of the song throw in the sound of a bowling pins getting knocked over + link's scream just for kicks.

Haha, I love it!

Really fun remix. Glad you went with the Link scream and panting sfx over Wolf Link's "howling"... *cringe* Although I don't know, that might just crack me up too if you added a howling solo in the next section. Best use of sfx since PROTO-DOME's "Fill Me Up with Snacky Happiness," imo.

You must finish this and submit it. Or we surely will whip you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I approve of picking up the old tracks again!

Love the tuned percussion. Veeery nice instrumentation overall, chippy leads with the rich percussion makes for a super fun sound.

The lead levels seem a tiny bit uneven. 0:22-0:23, 0:25-0:27, 0:32. The swipe across the stereo field at 0:38, 0:52-0:53 & 0:56-0:58, 2:08 jump out of the mix as a touch loud. The higher notes of the leads at 1:27-1:42 (1:28-1:33 area) and 2:13-2:27 (2:18 onwards) too. Maybe try to soften the higher freqs on the EQ.

I enjoyed this one very much & hadn't heard it before, glad I did!

I approve of picking up the old tracks again!

Love the tuned percussion. Veeery nice instrumentation overall, chippy leads with the rich percussion makes for a super fun sound.

The lead levels seem a tiny bit uneven. 0:22-0:23, 0:25-0:27, 0:32. The swipe across the stereo field at 0:38, 0:52-0:53 & 0:56-0:58, 2:08 jump out of the mix as a touch loud. The higher notes of the leads at 1:27-1:42 (1:28-1:33 area) and 2:13-2:27 (2:18 onwards) too. Maybe try to soften the higher freqs on the EQ.

I enjoyed this one very much & hadn't heard it before, glad I did!

Basically what he said. This is actually a really cool mix but the synths are slightly too loud. That, or you bring everything else up a bit. I feel like the tuned percussion could be a little bit louder.

This is actually a super cool mix though. I really like this.

Yeah, I agree with Eino with the loudness of the leads, and I would also check 2:44 - 2:56 (those are kind of slight, maybe by only 0.4~1.2dB). I would fix the lead volumes to more closely match the backing and only after that would I try raising everything at once. I think the overall volume, putting the leads aside for now, is about good. :)

Edited by timaeus222

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...