Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

i am surprised that our battle isn't as close as it is't. i don't want to sound mean - i like his track a lot! but when some of the actual posted remixers - gario, neblix, rozovian, etc - vote for mine, and a bunch of people vote for his, that says something to me. it says that the people who think it sounds cool but might not know teh dynamics the best voted one way, and the people who understand the music and can hear the dynamics that was added in with mine voted the other way. i don't feel that his uses the dynamics much at all, and it seems that most people didn't bother to listen to the dynamics. all the parts that are mentioned as being awesome are just stuff that's inherent to the loudness war, which is bloody awesome. he didn't really add anything to it besides a compressor and different arrangement.

that's not really a remix at that point, unfortunately =/ main finger, you're clearly a skilled producer - mastering that particular style is something i have next to no skill in - but your focus was clearly on your track and on arrangement instead of the production itself. if you beat me - which you might, there are a lot of people voting for arrangement and facemelting awesomeness instead of dynamics like they should - you really need to work on getting the dynamics to actually be dynamic instead of just dumping the audio behind a compressor and side-chaining the rest of it. you also need to work in the dynamics more, since you basically ignored it. i know dynamics sucks, but that's the point. it's supposed to be difficult you can't get better if you only use compressor and overdrive. you've gotta use reverb and delay and all the other crappy effects out there. that's why i never use a compressor until all that's left is the dynamics. it forces you to work with less, and you learn more at a faster pace that way.

i realized after writing this that this sounds abjectly silly, and i do mean it to be. main's song sounds great as an arrangement of both sources. i don't think it stands up as a 50/50 split of dynamics, though, simply because it's nowhere near 50/50.

and yes, i'm just posting this because prophet did it and somehow won. =)

I'd like to change my vote for Rozovian :<

12PM is noon. Due Saturday at noon, EST.

Epic fail on my part. :-)

wait, you didn't notice that your strings were rusted? how long has it been since you've played it? :<

Doesn't take that long around here, really. It's super humid at the top of a hill, the rust can happen overnight. I ended up using a different guitar that had slightly less rusty strings. :-P

Whew, finally finished voting. Some of them were tough to decide.

And yeah I checked and today is the only day I can vote for round 2, since I'm heading out tomorrow at 6:00 in the morning. If I don't reply to this thread, I wish all of you guys the best of luck!

I've been so busy this week that I haven't found time to even start on my piece.

... was hoping Starphoenix would pump out some serious muzak and Enigami would cast some shade on Heat Man's bright prospects for victory... but alas. :cry:

(Hmm, I guess those weren't very... punny.)

Are you two still planning to finish your mix, when you get some time, that is? (Please do! :grin:)

Not to say the vote itself will be easy.. gah! I gotta see where people vote on this PR Vs. HL matchup, cause I could literally vote either way, they're both so good.

you're not going to just see where people are voting and let that affect your vote, are you? cause that would be pretty dumb.

only two functional matchups? i am disappoint, folks =(