OCR00599 - Final Fantasy IV "Tale in Piano"

orkybash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Klutz sends a first song this way with something that sounds as good (if not beter) than the stuff on the Final Fantasy IV piano soundtrack ! This mix is well arranged. The piano itself has a crystal clear sound and is well rendered and mastered.

The sound itself is amazingly flowing, very very addicting tune that holds on well to the final fantasy IV game

Klutz gets a 8/10 on this one for such a great mix !

great shot !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I created an account at this board JUST to reply to this song. this is simply the most beautiful rendition of this song I have ever heard. it seriously brought a tear to my eye. its like all the magic and wonder of all the (old) final fantasy games summed up into a 2:57 piano solo. excellent job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Got a midi of this one too? I've been looking for a good version of sheet music or midi of this song since yesterday and i d/l'd it off of WinMX not realising it was exactly what i was looking for. The fact that this song appeared in every final fantasy i've played(4,6-9) doesn't shed its value one bit, partly because it's one of the greatest(yet rarely appreciated, due to the length of the games) songs in any game ever. Placed next to the Piano versions of the ending music of FF7 and FF8 it stands out as being more free-flowing than the others, while still respecting the greatness of the piece.

*********** 11 stars!

• 1 month later...

Oh my...

This is, quite frankly, my favorite song on the entire site thus far. kLuTz puts together the most stirring arrangement of this song I've ever heard.

Now being a nut for piano solos, my opinion is honestly quite biased. The three times played through have wonderful variation on the main theme, the first one being fairly conservative to the original arrangement, the second one taking the tempo up a notch, and the third one just going all out.

Honestly, I want to say more, but I just can't. Hearing a real piano arrangement of this is something I'd been waiting years to hear, and I finally got it. kLuTz has been blessed with wonderful piano skills.

Score: 10/10

I can not believe that I never commented on this. It's a great piece with a nice full sound to it. The piano seems to get a little muddy at a few instances, but other that that it's a very solid mix.

I agree with RC here. However, I think the arrangement is a bit simplistic. I may be spoiled by the Trial in Concert (one of my favorite remixes, and definitly my favorite piano remix), but nonetheless, it is my belief that klutz could have increased the level of complexity a good bit. It DOES sound good though, with few to no technical flaws and superb playing.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, well, well, if it isn´t the little kLuTz.

Seriously, a truly beautiful piano mix with a soft piano arrangement of the beloved final fantasy theme.

The notes just glide over the pianokeys

and ends up in your headphone and gives you

a solid piano experience.

I´m not really sure what I just wrote, but I can

sum it up by this:

Excellent work with the piano, kLuTz.

• 1 year later...

Here, I can sum it up in 3 words:

"Klutz = god."

It's true. All of his piano works are amazing, even the non OCR ones (see his website for MOAR: http://klutz.vgmidi.com/music.php). All-in-all, a very talented pianist with a good ear for music. And he's Korean? lol, that explains his ungodly skillz. Keep up the awesome work, man. I'm hooked too.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00599 - Final Fantasy IV "Tale in Piano"